The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
As far as is known they are still together even though they never seem to be seen together anymore?

I think if anything is amiss a royal mole will no doubt leak it to the Sun newspaper and then we will all know. But for now it seems they are living quietly below the radar ... no break-up ... but certainly no wedding on the horizon either.

I seriously doubt William will be ready to drop down on one knee whether it be 2011 or 2012.

Still, as I said previously Monaco will have a new Princess next year.

Charlene will become a Princess.
William's wife will only be a Duchess (is this correct)??
If she marries William she will be HRH The Princess William and perhaps any title that William would be bestowed with upon his marriage.. lets say he becomes the Duke of Barkington. Then Kate would be HRH The Princess William, Duchess of Barkington. She'll definitely be a princess though.

I imagine that with William doing 24 hour shifts on duty they don't go out much. My hubby is volunteer fire/rescue and does medical transport as an EMT professionally and trust me, when he's not working, the last thing he wants to do is go out or drive somewhere.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
As far as is known they are still together even though they never seem to be seen together anymore?

I think if anything is amiss a royal mole will no doubt leak it to the Sun newspaper and then we will all know. But for now it seems they are living quietly below the radar ... no break-up ... but certainly no wedding on the horizon either.

I seriously doubt William will be ready to drop down on one knee whether it be 2011 or 2012.

Osipi I thought she would NOT get "THE" untill Charles becomes King as William is HRH Prince William of Wales not The Prince William??? THE is for a child of the monarch...

William's Wife will be HRH Princess William of Wales, even if she gets the sub/title of Duchess of X.. she will still be a Princess, of course Duchess of What is up to HM at this point ..Also Charlene will become Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco. in time William's Wife will become Her Royal Highness Queen Cathrine (of course QC). If at that time we are still speaking of Kate Middleton..(I belive we will)

Old 10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Osipi I thought she would NOT get "THE" untill Charles becomes King as William is HRH Prince William of Wales not The Prince William??? THE is for a child of the monarch...
That's correct.
If William and Kate marry say, in six months, Kate would be HRH Princess William of Wales. If he gets a dukedom/earldom she would be HRH The Duchess/Countess of whatever. Once HM dies and Charles becomes King she would be HRH The Princess William, Duchess of Cornwall and Rothsday.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think the opposite, as the years go on and on, i think it is more likely that they will get married.
I don't see any chemistry between them though. No big love goo-eyes or adoration. If they get married, they will get divorced eventually.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I don't see any chemistry between them though. No big love goo-eyes or adoration. If they get married, they will get divorced eventually.
And you can tell this by pictures?

I guess we shouldn't take into consideration that several well known couples looked at each other with adoration and still ended up divorced?

Hot Passion eventually cools down and while you still need it....there are other things that go into making a successful relationship....goo eyes and adoration alone aren't going to cut it.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Because I see the same thing going down all around me? Being with eachother just for the sake of being with someone is not a good motive.

And I wish I could tell, but that's the vibe I'm getting.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

They are apparently living in Wales together so I doubt we'd see them out and about much, they are enjoying their privacy.
She'll be Princess William of Wales, Duchess of wherever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
You don't know these two people, you don't know how they are in public. The BRF are famous for not showing affection in public, like I said in this thread or another I have never seen a picture of them kissing or holding hands.
Doesn't mean their is no chemistry or love between the pair.
We'll see what the future brings, but you can't state something as fact "they will divorce eventually" when you can't tell the future.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Once again I learn something! The "The" is reserved then for children of the monarch only? What I was going by was that I've learned that while married, Diana was The Princess of Wales and after divorce, she was Diana, Princess of Wales meaning she was A princess of Wales at one time. Boy these titles sure can be comfuzzling sometimes... if I was an aristocrat it'd take me a lifetime how to learn not to make a faux pas on them.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Once again I learn something! The "The" is reserved then for children of the monarch only? What I was going by was that I've learned that while married, Diana was The Princess of Wales and after divorce, she was Diana, Princess of Wales meaning she was A princess of Wales at one time. Boy these titles sure can be comfuzzling sometimes... if I was an aristocrat it'd take me a lifetime how to learn not to make a faux pas on them.
Well Diana was, Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales. Sarah was Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of York and Sophie is Her Royal Highness, The Countess of Wessex.

I think if Kate marries William, she'll be Princess William, The Duchess of wherever. Then if William becomes Prince of Wales she will be The Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall so on.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What is meant is that Prince Charles is "The Prince Charles" while Prince William is "Prince William of Wales." This because only the children of the monarch have "The" before Prince(ss) of the UK. Of course the spouses of the Princes as well, since i.e. Camilla is also "The Princess Charles."

It has nothing to do with additional titles. i.e. The Duchess of York means she is married to The Duke of York, while Sarah, Duchess of York, means she is divorced from The Duke of York.

PR
Old 10-09-2010, 04:37 AM
Majesty

There is one excerption to that rule of only the children and spouses of sons of the monarch being HRH The ... and that is Prince Philip who is also The Prince Philip.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well Diana was, Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales. Sarah was Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of York and Sophie is Her Royal Highness, The Countess of Wessex.

I think if Kate marries William, she'll be Princess William, The Duchess of wherever. Then if William becomes Prince of Wales she will be The Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall so on.
Now I'm getting it. As Charles is the son of the monarch.. Diana at one time was HRH THE.. hehe. Kate would get THE when William is a son of the monarch. Even if Charles never creates him Prince of Wales, it'd be THE Princess William. By Jeeves (who never tells me anything) I think I've got it.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There is one excerption to that rule of only the children and spouses of sons of the monarch being HRH The ... and that is Prince Philip who is also The Prince Philip.
Well.. if she's cabbage, he does then deserve to be good slice of corny beef.. they go together so well. its fitting he's The Prince Philip.

Now hopefully in time we'll see things emerge on the same lines with William and Kate. I wonder if Kate has borrowed tupperware from HM to keep the leftovers?

Time we get back on topic
Old 10-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

And now for something completely different....

I am laughing so hard I can barely type.

Did a google to see what came up with Kate Middleton and this is one of the top ones besides Wiki.

Enjoy and have a good laugh!

The Spoof : Kate Middelton's boob job disaster: William feels real tit funny satire story

There really isn't much out there about her these days isn't there?
Old 10-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Courtier

inMagazine.com.hk
Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The third dress looks a lot like one that was done for a Vogue Royal Wedding bookletl in 1981. Perhaps it was the design submitted by Belleville Sassoon. I think that it would be refreshing to see a bride with real shoulders on her dress.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like dress #3. I bet William and Kate get a good laugh about all the wedding spectulations that's made about them.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

That venerable institution The Daily Star is attempting to provoke a new round of engagement rumors:

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William's wedding promise for Kate Middleton

Reluctant royal groom Prince William has promised his long-suffering girlfriend Kate Middleton he will announce their wedding plans within months.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
That venerable institution The Daily Star is attempting to provoke a new round of engagement rumors:

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William's wedding promise for Kate Middleton

Reluctant royal groom Prince William has promised his long-suffering girlfriend Kate Middleton he will announce their wedding plans within months.
All I can say is that we look forward to the announcement!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
All I can say is that we look forward to the announcement!
I hope you mean the royal "we" Muriel.