The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Oh, believe me...I CAN wait. I don't think KM is right for William. Something feels "off" about this couple and I hope he does not marry her.
I'm with you there.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Graduation day for Prince William, the search and rescue helicopter pilot | Mail Online

Once he gets into the swing of the job, he will turn his mind to proposing to girlfriend Kate Middleton sources suggested. ‘William has been too busy to think about a wedding,’ said one. ‘Once he’s into the routine he’ll be more free to think about arranging a date.’

When I clicked this link I thought it would be to a new story but...it is just a new couple of lines on the article that was posted yesterday, including the same photos etc.

More wishful thinking from the DM who are simply determined to get this pair married.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Nobility

I agree about Kate not being right for William, just my opinion but it does seem something is off. On the other hand only they know what their relationship in really like. To me, she just does not seem the right personality for "the job". She clearly hates the media and spotlight, two things that will become a huge part of her life if she marries William. Delaying marriage will not stop the inevitable.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Commoner

I'm with you on this one. She always seems so self conscious in front of the paparazzi (can't blame her, but still...) and she seems to 'act' when she sees them (compared to Chelsy who just lives her life and doesn't seem to care as much). The paparazzi are always going to be there,so you just have to try to live your life the way you want to, without being 'on guard' all the time
Old 09-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't see it as hating the media but rather going with the thought that the media doesn't need to know her yet. Both William and Kate keep their private relationship where it should be right now. private. He's Flt Ltn Wales and really not a full time royal yet.

What happened with Diana is that there was such a short courtship, once the media got wind of it, it was a blitz that actually never ended. Right now we could say that William and Kate have been "courting" perhaps for YEARS. Once they become engaged, the gloves are off and she's in the public eye and I do think she'll handle it nicely and not only fit into the "job" but fit into the BRF also.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Once they become engaged, the gloves are off and she's in the public eye and I do think she'll handle it nicely and not only fit into the "job" but fit into the BRF also.
Whole heartily agree Osipi.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I believe they will finally marry but are both so very boring and wont lift the monarchy to the next chapter, they wont make the idea of monarchy any more attractive or add any sparkle.

People might find Charles odd but somehow acknowledge that there is substance to what he does, sorry but I dont believe that there will be much substance to William, let alone Kate. For me he is one of the future heirs who is not up to scratch to the task that he has inherited, partly because of his past. I think he will be torn forever, one side of him recognizing who he is and what he has to do but other side unable to forget what the institution did to his mother and having to work with the media incl the tabloids that he will despise forever.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Commoner

I believe Kate is ambitious and loves William. I also think he probably trusts her more than most people in his milieu. I'm not sure he loves her, but to him, trust might trump love.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Majesty

I'm actually beginning to have dreams about these two getting engaged. Perhaps I'm spending too much time on this thread!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I believe they will finally marry but are both so very boring and wont lift the monarchy to the next chapter, they wont make the idea of monarchy any more attractive or add any sparkle.

People might find Charles odd but somehow acknowledge that there is substance to what he does, sorry but I dont believe that there will be much substance to William, let alone Kate.
I've been trying to figure out what to say about these two for years and this is it. I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Aristocracy

Unhappy

Unfortunately, I think you might be right.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Commoner

I also agree. Just like Felipe and Letizia if you ask me..
Old 09-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
...sorry but I dont believe that there will be much substance to William, let alone Kate. For me he is one of the future heirs who is not up to scratch to the task that he has inherited, partly because of his past.
A few points that come to mind.

Firstly, most of us do not really know William, so it is difficult to tell whether he has substance or not. HM has agreed that it is right for William to pursue a career in the armed forces and keep a low public profile for now, and I guess that is dissappointing for some of us royal watchers. It is therefore, IMO, difficult to tell whether he will be "up to scratch to the task" he will inherit.

Secondly, William is yet to "inherit the task" - he is merely heir to the heir to the throne.

Thirdly, I am not sure Charles was deemed to have much "substance" when he was Williams age. That Charles is respected for his views on a number of issues is a result of hard work (and some good PR) by Charles over an extended period of time. For much of his late 30s and 40s he was criticised for being a bit of a loony.

Fourthly, only time will tell what impact Diana's relationship with the BRF and the press will have on William. He appears to be quite a balanced individual, so I would expect him to form a balanced view in time.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Several posts relating to William and Harry's military training and careers have been moved to Duties, Roles and Royal Training of the Princes .

In addition, posts relating to any potential title that Kate Middleton will have upon marrying Prince William have been moved here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...n-6755-33.html .

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 09-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Courtier

None of us know William on a personal level, or know what is "right" for him. Only William can say who is right for him, and if he loves Kate and wants to spend his life with her, then that is the way it's going to be. No one thought Camilla was right for Prince Charles nor thought she should be Princess of Wales, which is why he didn't marry her years ago. Look at the disaster that became when he married Diana, who was considered to be worthy and "right" for him. Did he choose love over duty? Obviously not. However, he is now married to the love of his life, and she IS now The Princess of Wales. Times have changed, and Royals marrying commonors for love rather than duty is the rule rather than the exception.

I don't think William would carry on this relationship as long as he has unless he had serious intentions towards Kate considering his position. I think people are being rather harsh in judging Kate as being "unworthy" of William. She has conducted herself admirably, she hasn't created any scandels to hurt William or the Royal family, and she keeps a low profile. She is no Sarah Ferguson, which in my opinion is one of the worst choices of wives that married into the Royal family, and who continues to plague them with her continual embarassing behavior and need to stay in the spotlight. My apologies to anyone that likes her.

This is just my opinion, of course, and we are all entitled to those. :)
Old 09-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I completely and totally agree with you. Great post.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 10-02-2010, 05:43 AM
Courtier

I think the more the years have rolled on the less likely now they will ever marry.
I believe William will marry but I have my doubts Kate will be his bride. I do think she has had a fantastic time with him but I doubt she will ever be his wife.

Just watch 2011 come and go again same old same old. Dare one feel sorry for Kate now. She could have done so much with her life.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I think the more the years have rolled on the less likely now they will ever marry.
I believe William will marry but I have my doubts Kate will be his bride. I do think she has had a fantastic time with him but I doubt she will ever be his wife.
I think the opposite, as the years go on and on, i think it is more likely that they will get married.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Courtier

they have been together for too long, and IMHO, I think they will definitely marry. definitely. I don't like it , however:)
Old 10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Courtier

As far as is known they are still together even though they never seem to be seen together anymore?

I think if anything is amiss a royal mole will no doubt leak it to the Sun newspaper and then we will all know. But for now it seems they are living quietly below the radar ... no break-up ... but certainly no wedding on the horizon either.

I seriously doubt William will be ready to drop down on one knee whether it be 2011 or 2012.

Still, as I said previously Monaco will have a new Princess next year.

Charlene will become a Princess.
William's wife will only be a Duchess (is this correct)??

Closed Thread