The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Courtier

how credible is this 2012 source? i heard this person also predicted Charles' and Camilla's wedding?

Old 09-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

Found this on Youtube..............not sure what to think of it.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Royal Highness

2012! That is another two years and I think the Queen maybe thinking they will cool their heels by then.
Strange she did not ask Prince Charles to wait a certain period of time to marry the DOC .
The last time this happened was with Margaret and Pete Townsend.
Then wait we do although I just do not see it happening.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Serene Highness

Yesterday it was 2011, then 2012. Only they know and they aren't saying a word.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
2012! That is another two years and I think the Queen maybe thinking they will cool their heels by then.
Strange she did not ask Prince Charles to wait a certain period of time to marry the DOC .
The last time this happened was with Margaret and Pete Townsend.
Then wait we do although I just do not see it happening.
We don't actually know if the Queen has even been asked anything about this and CH has denied that there are any plans in place at all.

What we are getting are press speculations based on guesswork, odd comments from people and supposed 'sources' that have no actual names.

We also don't know if the Queen did advise Charles and Camilla to wait although as they had been a couple for at least 8 years by the time of the marriage they certainly had enough time to see if they could make it work, and if Camilla really wanted it enough.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
Hmmm...interesting.. I am glad to know that I am not alone in thinking that Hello! Magazine goes way over the top to promote KM.

I was surprised to see Lady Victoria Hervey commenting on William's relationship so openly...I thought that was a "no-no" for an aristocrat and besides...aren't she and William friends?

Why do some people in the UK seem to look upon ambition as a liability in a person? It's just the opposite here in the U.S!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Why do some people in the UK seem to look upon ambition as a liability in a person? It's just the opposite here in the U.S!
Moonmaiden watching that video portrayed Ms Middleton as lazy and her mother ambitious for her daughter.

I think it is the European view concerning ambition that the UK has versus US view. That is why the US was the path to gold for immigrants. I hope I don't offend anyone.

BTW, I don't see them marrying until they are in their 30th's. Kate will wait for William. I don't see a problem for them. I think they are laughing when they see the reports.It is just the press and people like us that can not wait for the big wedding.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Courtier

I, for one was very surprised to see this video, it seems to portray my exact feelings about this romance.
Hello magazine wants to sell as many copies as they possible can and when they found Kate it was like finding a goldmine so the longer they promote the idea that she will be the future queen the more money they make.
Whatever William does, or however he acts he will always be respected, his title ensures this. Others around him may fall but he won´t.
As far as the American idea of ambition and the British idea of this, well it reminds me of what Oscar Wilde said, and I will paraphrase him "The Americans and the British have a lot in common, that is except the language" The Duchess of Windsor in her time never understood why she was not accepted or really what the BRF meant to the British and she sorely underestimated the powers of Edward as King.
As this particular video suggested I think it is the ambition of Kate´s mother that has pushed her so far and Kate finds she quite likes the idea of being Queen and has unwittingly fallen in love with the idea and perhaps William.
The two people I feel most sorry for in this story, first Kate who should get some backbone and make herself a life of her own instead of being a surrogate royal, if a marriage doesn´t take place she will be completely lost. The second person I feel sorry for is her Uncle, he will always be blamed for, what is really a case of "being himself". no pretensions at all.
It might be a bit late to tell Kate to start looking elsewhere and from what is said on the video she is being very careful that no girl from background, perhaps, closer to the royals, can get anywhere near William, in fact she is keeping him busy.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I, for one was very surprised to see this video, it seems to portray my exact feelings about this romance.
Hello magazine wants to sell as many copies as they possible can and when they found Kate it was like finding a goldmine so the longer they promote the idea that she will be the future queen the more money they make.
Whatever William does, or however he acts he will always be respected, his title ensures this.
The title didn't guarantee this for his father so why should William always be respected. Even now I get the feeling that quite a few people are loosing respect for him over Kate and his apparent inability to commit. I gather that from reading the comments in papers like the DM.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The title didn't guarantee this for his father so why should William always be respected. Even now I get the feeling that quite a few people are loosing respect for him over Kate and his apparent inability to commit. I gather that from reading the comments in papers like the DM.
I hope Iluv you are not saying that Prince Charles is not respected and that he isn´t going to be King of GB?
Disapproved of, is very different to the respect and royal treatment that Prince Charles gets by right of birth, and Wiliam gets and will continue to get.
Something that has me intrigued, personal I know, but is the Bertie you love royal or otherwise?
I agree with the point about Victoria and Daniel, they are still in the honeymoon period and no judgement can be made about whether their marriage is successful or not, as you say 20 or 30 years hence, then we will have a better idea.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I hope Iluv you are not saying that Prince Charles is not respected and that he isn´t going to be King of GB?
Disapproved of, is very different to the respect and royal treatment that Prince Charles gets by right of birth, and Wiliam gets and will continue to get.
Something that has me intrigued, personal I know, but is the Bertie you love royal or otherwise?
I agree with the point about Victoria and Daniel, they are still in the honeymoon period and no judgement can be made about whether their marriage is successful or not, as you say 20 or 30 years hence, then we will have a better idea.

There are a number of people who do not respect Charles as a man or future king if you read the comments on papers like the DM.

I actually think that there is an increasing attempt to get public opinion to reach the stage whereby Charles never becomes King with the ongoing attacks on everything he does e.g. the current demand to see the letters he has written to ministers and the condemnation of his buying of the house in Scotland.

As for the 'Bertie' I love - yes it is a royal - Edward VII who has been my favourite King for decades but I also named a puppy after him and that puppy was killed so the Bertie I love was also my gorgeous Bertie. I have another puppy now but Bertie will always have a special place in my heart.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
They'd do it with anyone else and tbh I don't see the problem.

Quote:
Whatever William does, or however he acts he will always be respected, his title ensures this. Others around him may fall but he won´t.
I know a lot of people who don't care one bit about the royal family and hardly know who any of the members are. He may fall one day, and if he does something to loose the peoples respect, he'll loose that too.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Administrator

The video is not a surprise. It appears to be similiar to something (if not the same video) that was out there in cyber space a while ago.

The makers clearly don't like Kate and that's their opinion and right.

I think its important to note that anyone ANYONE can make a video for anything that they like or dislike and ususally find supporting evidence to support their belief.

I am pretty sure I wanted to prove that the world is indeed flat, and the sun is purple and make a video to support my belief. If you happen to believe that as well, you will take my video and pass it along.

All that matter is that William, the BRF and a majority (not all) of the British people like Kate. You are never going to please everyone.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sort of like The Office of the President, however much we may disagree with whomever is sitting in that chair the office will always be respected? Is this what you meant Wisteria??
Old 09-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Sort of like The Office of the President, however much we may disagree with whomever is sitting in that chair the office will always be respected? Is this what you meant Wisteria??
Dear Russo, don't for get you can impeach a President! The office and title is diffrent then with a royal you really don't have a chocie their title is a birth right and you can't take it from them, and their term is for life... not 4 to 8 years.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
Wow, even without the opinion of the person who made the video, the words of longtime royal journalist James Whitaker, Lady Victoria Hervey,Nick Davies , Jeanie Bond and Kate's Uncle Gary Goldsmith are their own words, and do not make Kate look good. No one invented or made up their responses, it's their words from their own mouths and their own opinions on the matter. I believe the video footage may have been originally from a British tv special or documentary done on William and Harry?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMay View Post
Wow, even without the opinion of the person who made the video, the words of longtime royal journalist James Whitaker, Lady Victoria Hervey,Nick Davies , Jeanie Bond and Kate's Uncle Gary Goldsmith are their own words, and do not make Kate look good. No one invented or made up their responses, it's their words from their own mouths and their own opinions on the matter.
Ahhhh the information age eh?

One I'd have loved to have seen on video on YouTube is when the debutante's presentation at BP to the Queen finally came to a halt.

Princess Margaret supposedly had said something along the lines of "We had to stop it. Every tart in London was getting in."

That would definitely be a classic.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Aristocracy

Hilarious.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Moonmaiden watching that video portrayed Ms Middleton as lazy and her mother ambitious for her daughter.

I think it is the European view concerning ambition that the UK has versus US view. That is why the US was the path to gold for immigrants. I hope I don't offend anyone.

BTW, I don't see them marrying until they are in their 30th's. Kate will wait for William. I don't see a problem for them. I think they are laughing when they see the reports.It is just the press and people like us that can not wait for the big wedding.
Oh, believe me...I CAN wait. I don't think KM is right for William. I am getting the same vague feeling of unease about this couple that I got about Diana/Charles(even though I thought Diana was a perfect Princess of Wales)

Something feels "off" about this couple and I hope he does not marry her.

ETA: That "Uncle Gary" of Kate's seems like a nightmare..can you imagine Buckingham Palace trying to deal with HIM??!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

IF BP was able to manage the Nazi associations of Prince Philip's German brothers-in-law in 1947 I'm sure they'll be able to "deal with" Uncle Gary in 2011-2012 or whenever.