The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Not necessarily. I would imagine that both Kate and William (but moreso William) would have a small trusted group of friends who will not share their secrets or sell them to out to a tabloid.
Totally agree -- I think William is serious about knowing whether or not he can trust someone. I tend to think that's one of the reasons his relationship with Kate seems so solid -- he trusts her (IMO, of course).

I have a theory that many of the trival, silly stories we read in the press, sourced to someone "close" to William or Kate, are actually a part of testing to make sure they can trust someone. Tell a person an innocuous or even untrue throwaway story (like the "dog ate the earrings" story, for example) -- and then wait to see if it ends up in the press. If so, they're not to be trusted, because they'll spill to Katie Nicholl or Richard Palmer or anybody else.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Its important to note that William is not new the party.

He has been tutored by the Queen, the Duke and Prince Charles about what is to be expected from him. He has lived thru the marriage of his parents as well as each scandal that has affected his family, and how most of them are listed as sources and friends of the family, etc. I would imagine that while he makes new friends, they aren't entered into the trust circle that easy.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

They would have to earn their trust or prove that they are worthy of trust. No one in their right mind would betray that trust because once it's gone, it will never be recovered.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't see anyone in the BRF or those that would be in a close circle of friends being the money hungry type that they'd ever even consider making a quick buck.

That obviously excludes Peter Philips from close family as he most definitely sold out his wedding for a quick buck.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That obviously excludes Peter Philips from close family as he most definitely sold out his wedding for a quick buck.
I think that's totally a different case as it was his own wedding that he granted permission for the photos for. Its not as if he was leaking information about someone other than himself to the press.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Majesty

This is what I think as well. The people who are in the really close circle aren't talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I have a theory that many of the trival, silly stories we read in the press, sourced to someone "close" to William or Kate, are actually a part of testing to make sure they can trust someone. .
Old 09-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Courtier

William and Kate: A love loved up in Tesco... They did show up at Tesco.. new photo..

William and Kate: All Loved Up - In Tesco - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk
Old 09-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Totally agree -- I think William is serious about knowing whether or not he can trust someone. I tend to think that's one of the reasons his relationship with Kate seems so solid -- he trusts her (IMO, of course).

I have a theory that many of the trival, silly stories we read in the press, sourced to someone "close" to William or Kate, are actually a part of testing to make sure they can trust someone. Tell a person an innocuous or even untrue throwaway story (like the "dog ate the earrings" story, for example) -- and then wait to see if it ends up in the press. If so, they're not to be trusted, because they'll spill to Katie Nicholl or Richard Palmer or anybody else.
I couldn't agree with you more!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
As to point 2, if he doesn't marry Kate, I think his bride will always be compared to her and at every significant event in his life, the press will also report on what Kate is doing. I think he's made her a permanent part of his story already.
I disagree, simply due to the fickle-ness of most people. No one seems to remember all the ladies Charles dated (granted, they didn't drag on like PW and Kate). From the comments I have read all over this board, the indication is that the woman PW marries takes a back seat to many who are only interested in a royal wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Not if the family and friends that they would confide in were very closed mouthed. The Queen never talks to the press, nor does any major participant in the BRF. I would think that close friends of Will and Kate would also respect their privacy.
Au contrair, I think if they were "privately" engaged, it would be Kate herself who would let the cat out of the bag. I do not believe she could keep it to herself.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Commoner

A paper here in Massachusetts published a few days ago a small story echoing the rumor that palace officials have spoken with Westminster Abbey and reserved it for an August 2011 wedding. This is a paper that is not a rumor mill and does not often publish celebrity stuff like this so I wasn't sure what to make of it. A bored editor perhaps?

Does anyone else feel that s/he would be disappointed if they married? I just think them walking down the aisle would be a terrible message for the young girls of the U.K.: don't work seriously on a career, dabble in whatever you fancy, dress well and make sure to have free time, and one day your prince will marry you.

I enjoyed watching C.P. Mary's documentary about her life that was used to introduce her to the Danish people and I couldn't help but think that, if they marry, Kate's won't be very long or interesting. I guess just chatter about her childhood.

I was {and still am} so hoping that Wills could end up with an exciting and interesting woman who had run her own NGO or perhaps worked at one or at least done something impressive with herself.

Quote:
That is an interesting theory and I can see it being useful in some instances, particularly in weeding out certain members of the staff. I don't know if the actual family does this, though. I feel that William has better things to do with his time than plant rumors about himself and keep track of who spilled what. I believe him in interviews when he says he really doesn't pay attention to the gossip.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
William and Kate: A love loved up in Tesco... They did show up at Tesco.. new photo..

William and Kate: All Loved Up - In Tesco - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk
Well.. they finally did it! They walked down the aisle! albeit at Tesco. .

After all the garbage that's been posted about these two lately, this article really warmed my heart. Just an ordinary young couple stocking up on groceries on what I would imagine was Wills payday. No huge bar tab from a night out at a elite nightclub, no gourmet chef hidden away in the kitchen to cook every whim, no silver bell to ring for breakfast in bed or a lifestyle befitting what I see as a future King and Queen Consort. Just two ordinary people nestled away somewhere in North Wales, enjoying an ordinary lifestyle that millions of young couples all over the world are living.

I think Wills' mum would be beaming ear to ear if she could see how "normal" her oldest boy was living his life right now.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:40 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I wonder if outings like this will get less common as media outlets start to buy and print surreptitious pictures of them going about daily life. First it was the CCTV pictures of them, and now this.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesPrincess View Post
I was {and still am} so hoping that Wills could end up with an exciting and interesting woman who had run her own NGO or perhaps worked at one or at least done something impressive with herself.

What does 'NGO' mean? Sorry I have never heard of that in Australia.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What does 'NGO' mean? Sorry I have never heard of that in Australia.
I think it's Non-Governmental Organization.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Courtier

ttp://www.spectator.co.uk/susanhill/6236488/dingdong-the-bells-are-goin-ter-chime.thtml
Old 09-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
ttp://www.spectator.co.uk/susanhill/6236488/dingdong-the-bells-are-goin-ter-chime.thtml
Ding-dong the bells are goin' ter chime | The Spectator

Thanks for sharing, angieuk. I really enjoyed and agree with the author's perspective.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Majesty

I think that Kate and William's silence on the matter of when/if they get married, what Kate does during the day, etc., is a way of coping with the overwhelming press attention and pressure.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

I wish I was there to see them at Tesco. What a surprise!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I posted this a few weeks ago...that the newspapers and magazines were virtually railroading these two to the altar, because a Royal Wedding would be good for business.

Hello! Magazine is one of the worst!

I am relieved that I wasn't just imagining it.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post

That's so cute.
I like shopping for groceries with my boyfriend. For some reason it's like a bonding experience.