The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure the princes, Kate and Chelsy all have an idea of what is being said about them in the press but I don't think they dwell on it. I mean they can only take so much of the negativity. They probably have a good laugh about what is being and take it all with a grain of salt.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Nobility

You're right, Kate does not seems to follow thru with things. Just waiting, waiting, while William becomes an accomplished man. (victorian attitude perhaps).
No, I don't think many people care about whether these two marry or not. Sorry to say but these two are a bit of a yawn.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William and Kate are not officially engaged (they have a serious relationship but not an official engagement). Because of that, neither one of them is morally obligated to stay in the relationship. If either one of them decides to break up and date others, they could, although Kate would be more judged for doing so.

Kate has waited and waited. I hope ten years down the road she isn't still waiting.

I've known women who have played the waiting, waiting, game hoping that their partner will marry them. In a lot of cases especially after years of being together, their man leaves them for someone else (usually younger) or breaks up with them. Some of these women because they waited could no longer have children because their biological clock ran out on them. When their man leaves them, he doesn't seem to have the same emotional response over the breakup. They are devastated over it, he's not, since he made the decision to leave. In a few cases the woman left but usually it's the other way around. These women didn't date wealthy men or royalty.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
1, I don't think anyone would really care if they split, they would probably feel relieved that they were doing something.
2, I pity any girl that dates or marries William because whatever happens, however long she is around, she will always somehow be compared to Diana or The Queen.

As to point 2, if he doesn't marry Kate, I think his bride will always be compared to her and at every significant event in his life, the press will also report on what Kate is doing. I think he's made her a permanent part of his story already.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Nobility

I agree with CSW. Though the decision is theirs as a couple. I think most people might feel bad for Kate if it does not end in marriage.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:58 AM
Gentry

I think Kate just want to keep a low profile before getting engaged to PW. I still think both will end up marrying each other perhaps whenever he ends his military training.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:30 AM
Serene Highness

So regardless of whether they married or not, Kate will always be linked to Prince William.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She will always be known and the ex that never made it the alter, but eventually when he is married, with children, no one will care about Kate and these 8 years except her and Carole IMO.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Gentry

that's so right!!! her mother would be devastated. i think th epublic should move on and ignore these two for a while
Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to say that on her own, she is not someone I would look at twice...she is average/pretty and wears clothes well. Maybe if I knew more about what interests her beyond Prince William I would feel differently.

Perhaps after all the starpower and drama the late Princess of Wales brought into the BRF, Kate is want they want and welcome...someone who does not appear particularly charismatic and who will not make waves.

And no, I will not feel badly for her, her mother or her family if she does not marry William. She had choices here. She does not appear stupid. She knows the dangers of staying in a relationship for seven years without a wedding ring.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

If William doess not marry her........Kate will go the way of Emma Pernaud(dated Pr.Carl of Sweden 9yrs?) Eva Sannum(dated Pr.Felipe 3-4yrs?) Koo Stark(dated, Pr. Andrew-months?) (or Prince Fred of Denmarks longtime ex-girlfriend?)

Kate Middleton would not be the first or last woman who did not end up marrying a Prince she dated publicly for years. It would not be the end of William's reputation, it would not ruin William, it would not destroy Kate. She would be disappointed perhaps and a faction of her fans or people who hoped for a wedding might be disappointed but both of their lives would move on and so would the public.

The press has been pushing this into marriage in their papers, The Palace nor William have ever given any indication that he intends to marry her. She is his longtime girlfriend, not much different than previous Princes who have had longtime girlfriends who publicly held press interests.

William does not own Kate Middleton a future life, she is a dating adult and knows as a previous poster said, the various outcomes of dating someone for a long time.

The press does not even know the level the relationship is at, no one does. They may see each other every day and be quite serious or see each other casually and sporadically at this point? The press is writing the relationship in the papers as one flowing fairytale that will end in marriage, but William and Kate have had one major breakup, then reunited , yet are still not engaged and William is 28 with his first really serious girlfriend.
William may be looking at Prince Nikolas of Greece who married at 40 and wondering what the rush is? Or he may really want to marry Kate soon , but whatever the outcome, the press and the public will have to accept his decision and not give him a hard time about it, I hope.
Because the last time he dumped her in 2007 the press went ballistic, calling him a cad and all sorts of things.
I don't really have much sympathy for Kate to be honest. She has made her bed and must deal with the outcome, either way.

Kate could have pursued a career all these years or worked or done other things besides be around constantly for William. If Chelsy managed to complete two degrees, go to Law School , do two or three internhsips, while dating Harry, surely Kate could have managed a bit more.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMay View Post
If William doess not marry her........Kate will go the way of Koo Stark(dated, Pr. Andrew-months?)

Yes however, HM LIKED Koo Stark. I don't believe we know if HM likes Miss Middleton.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the second post I've seen on this page about Kate being mistress material. This assumes that she's the kind of woman who would have an affair with a married man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonconsort View Post
He has just turned 28 , and I do not think Katherine will ever be the fairy tale bride. The fairy tale mistress, perhaps.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

How do we know that it's not Kate who's keeping William waiting? Perhaps he's waiting until she's ready for the public committment. To me, it's a bit sexist to put this long engagement on William's shoulders as though he were pulling all the strings. Perhaps, as other posters have said, they have their plans made between the two of them but haven't made it official with anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Kate has waited and waited. I hope ten years down the road she isn't still waiting.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

Well if they made plans to marry and it's been a year or two, that would be a hard secret to keep. Especially to family and friends.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well if they made plans to marry and it's been a year or two, that would be a hard secret to keep. Especially to family and friends.
Not necessarily. I would imagine that both Kate and William (but moreso William) would have a small trusted group of friends who will not share their secrets or sell them to out to a tabloid.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Not if the family and friends that they would confide in were very closed mouthed. The Queen never talks to the press, nor does any major participant in the BRF. I would think that close friends of Will and Kate would also respect their privacy.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

If they have told family and friends about this, they have very good loyal friends and loyal family members. Money is very tempting to sell someone out.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
If they have told family and friends about this, they have very good loyal friends and loyal family members. Money is very tempting to sell someone out.
I don't see anyone in the BRF or those that would be in a close circle of friends being the money hungry type that they'd ever even consider making a quick buck.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Administrator

First of all, I don't think William or Kate (especially William) hang out with people who are looking for a quick buck. Their money is old.

Second of all, if someone did that and they traveled in the same small social circles...they would be ostracized so quickly their heads would spin. I don't think anyone would take that chance.