The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Majesty

The Queen was 22 years and 7 months when she had Charles, but she was only a month or so short of 38 when she had Edward. It is highly doubtful though that she will live to see Louise and James married - afterall she only has 1/8 grandchildren married now.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Serene Highness

Chances are if either Prince William or Prince Harry marries within the next couple of years and have children right away (1 year to 18 months after marriage), the Queen will probably live to see their children born. Longevity is on her side. If she lives to be 100 years old which is very possible, then she probably could have several great-grandchildren by that time.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonconsort View Post
He has just turned 28 , and I do not think Katherine will ever be the fairy tale bride. The fairy tale mistress, perhaps.
Well if she is going to be his mistress, he has to marry someone first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonconsort View Post
Kronprins Frederik was a "real royal" from the moment of his birth, the grandson of a King nand a Kronprins at the age of four.
And? Every other Prince or Princess had a title when they were born, doesn't mean they acted in the way they should and certainly CP Frederik never acted in the way he should have done as a Crown Prince IMO until he met Mary.
Just because everyone has a title doesn't mean they live up to it straight away.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Courtier

I was thinking about this the other day and realized that in several recent royal marriages that have taken place after a long courtship, the brides have been about the same age:

Edward and Sophie: Sophie was 34
Crown Princess Victoria: 32 turning 33
Charlene Wittstock (if she marries Prince Albert next summer): 33

It seems like the trend is for royal couples to court for a long time and then marry, presumably, when they want to have children. It makes sense that if a couple want to have 2 or 3 children before the woman is 40, that they would marry when she is in her early 30s.

This makes me think that if William does marry Kate, he will marry her within 5 years or so.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've noticed that too. A lot of them marry in their in 30s. I think at that age they're more mature and able to make important decisions.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that makes sense to me! About time someone figured that out...
Old 08-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
It seems like the trend is for royal couples to court for a long time and then marry, presumably, when they want to have children. It makes sense that if a couple want to have 2 or 3 children before the woman is 40, that they would marry when she is in her early 30s.

This makes me think that if William does marry Kate, he will marry her within 5 years or so.
That's exactly what I think is going on with William and Kate, rmay. Right now, they can have a private relationship together, just the two of them, but when they decide they want to have children, they will have to be married. I think we'll see them have a child within a year or so of their marriage, if they do end up marrying (and I think they will).

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-30-2010, 04:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
will they or wont they god, do people still care? i dont see any excitement about this couple anymore. either way, kate's image is so worn out, waity katy finally getting her ring without leaving much choice for william. if he dumps her people will think that he is a$$**** who kept her waiting for years only to keep her to keep looking around,
I used to think this would be the case.

However, IMO Kate is now quite unpopular in some quarters and there would be a collective sigh of relief from many if the relationship to end. People seem to have such a low opinion of her and her family that I think many would view it as a "lucky escape" for William.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Courtier

Kate never seems to follow things through ... boat race ... children's clothes ... and now photo exhibitions.

I hope she likes cutting ribbons because if she marries William she will have to follow that through day after day month after month.

I have to say reading about Jecca Craig has taken the glitter off the relationship if there is even the smallest bit of truth to it. If the story is false there is nothing to stop Jecca publicly denying it. If William still has feelings for Jecca then do something about it ... according to a friend of William's inner circle.

This week in New Idea - New Idea Magazine - Yahoo!7 Lifestyle

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Stressed-out Kate Middleton puts exhibition of her photos on hold
Old 08-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Aristocracy

Catherine Middleton does not know the meaning of pressure.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for her. This is a situation of her own making. If she wants to be left alone, she needs to leave the stage and stop pursuing Prince William. If she marries him, this pressure she is "having" now will fade into insignificance versus the lifelong pressure she will face.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Royal Highness

I hope this is just rubbish. The article contradicts what two the close friends said the reason behind the hold on the exhibit.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Courtier

Kate puts Photographic Exhibition on Hold « British Royal Wedding

One of William's friends discussing the Jecca situation. User has posted the article interview in 'responses'.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Courtier

I don't beleive for one second that one of William's friends would share this information... this story sounds so off... I would hope that if William was in love with Jessica that he would leave Kate and be with her. Just another article for the purpose of selling a paper... Sad Really .
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
I agree with you Osipi. I don't think William would cheat openly or blantantly. I don't perceive him to be a womanizer, and by enlarge, the Windsors were not especially womanizers. The Duke of Windsor with Wallis and even his father, with Camilla, were very loyal to the ones they truly loved.
They are not married. He could "cheat" all he wanted to. For goodness sakes, they're not even officially engaged!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

She never seems to finish anything. From University days there were reports of a Babys clothesline, then Art Gallery work never coming to fruition, NYC jobs never materializing and on and on. Now she is too stressed for a photo-exhibit. How on earth would she ever be able to handle Royal work or outings? I don't see her as solid as the press as tried to portray. Who stops their career right out of University to be on-call for your boyfriends vacations. Her entire 20's career goal almost seems to be that of capturing another person in marriage, That's just plain sad. This girl does not seem to do anything unless it involves a connection to William or seeing William (or doing something ,trying to impress the Palace) from vacations, to stays at cottages over holidays. She comes off as quite insecure and needy. imo.
Once the press starts writing her up as emotionally not being able to hold it together to complete projects, she's finished, no way she'll get into the Royal fold.

She is only William's girlfriend, he can end it with her and date other people, if he chooses to. He does not owe Kate a life. If ever things are not going well, then why shouldn't he move on. She's a girlfriend, nothing more. The press are the ones proposing and making believe he is engaged to her. William is a single man, Kate is a single woman, both are free to go and date others if they choose.
William does not owe Kate a future life with him, no matter how long he and she have dated.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Other than not participating in the charity rowing event, has Kate ever through her own mouth or actions indicated that she was doing something and than not doing it?

My point is.....everyone seems to speak for Kate and yet she gets blamed for it. Has she ever spoke outloud and on camera about her career goals?

How do we know if there is any truth to this latest rumour?

Old 08-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I used to think this would be the case.

However, IMO Kate is now quite unpopular in some quarters and there would be a collective sigh of relief from many if the relationship to end. People seem to have such a low opinion of her and her family that I think many would view it as a "lucky escape" for William.
While I fully agree on Kate being unpopular in Britain (same goes for her family), I dont think that she gets the same kind of bashing that she used to get some time ago, eg when she did the clubbing and the sisterhood project. These days its rather about speculating about a wedding from the sugarmags, such as Hello!, the rest of the media fairly ignoring her, apart from the occasional bash.

I dont think that there would be a collective sigh of relief in case of a split because people found her unbearable but rather a "I dont care" - in my opinion people dont care now, they dont care if they split and they dont care if they are finally getting married. The Kate topic is worn out and people are not bothered anymore, it has been going on for too long.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMay View Post
She never seems to finish anything. From University days there were reports of a Babys clothesline, then Art Gallery work never coming to fruition, NYC jobs never materializing and on and on. Now she is too stressed for a photo-exhibit.
I went back through posts to find the original link to what the photo exhibit was to be all about and had no luck. My thoughts here IIRC that this wouldn't have been a Kate One-Woman-Show kind of thing. I don't see her canceling because she's just too "stressed" to participate but with all the hoopla in the press lately in regards to a possible engagement/wedding and on the other hand, a possible split from William, I'd think that she'd realize that with this being more or less a public exhibit, the press hounds and the public would be more focused on what's up with Wills and Kate and overshadow whatever focus was to be on the photo exhibit. They'd KNOW where she'd be and she'd be backed into the proverbial corner with a deluge of flashbulbs and questions she just doesn't care to answer.

This is just my take on it.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Do any of you think that Kate and/or William really care or take notice of what these tabloids write about them? Do you think they stand in the grocery line and read them and laugh? I was just wondering, if half of your or my life was made up in trash rags would you or I take the time to stop and give it a good read? I really don't think they care..at least as much a we do .lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Do any of you think that Kate and/or William really care or take notice of what these tabloids write about them? Do you think they stand in the grocery line and read them and laugh? I was just wondering, if half of your or my life was made up in trash rags would you or I take the time to stop and give it a good read? I really don't think they care..at least as much a we do .lol.
I seriously don't think either of them would go out of their way to seek out what the rag presses are saying but they'd have to be well out of the mainstream to not get a glimmering of what's being said even if its just off the wall remarks and teasing from friends or whatnot. One point I did discover after reading several books was that Diana, while she was alive, very much kept up with what the press was saying about her.

I think that if the press was so interested in my life and what I was doing or not doing, I'd probably go bonkers. It can't be easy to totally stay out of the public eye when the press is constantly stalking you and will notice every small detail about you. Your privacy is non existent. This is one reason why I have to admire Kate for keeping such a low profile for such a long time. It would surely not only stress me out but drive me to paranoia.