The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIRASOL OF UK View Post
In this life there are good people and people without scruples, Londoners and especially the English are not fooled by speculation of magazines that just want to be seen, or sell more paper.

I believe they will marry, no doubt.
Congratulations Girasol, your English seems to be getting better by the post, nothing like living in a country to progress in a language.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
You know what Lady Ann....I didn't want to admit that but I have been thinking about it as well

I was also wishing that William was in an Greece yesterday, where a very lovely Theodora of Greece was watching her brother get married. But that is a topic for another day and another thread.

Ok, we should talk about some other very lovely ladies as well..

Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Lady Ann,

I would love to have a dicussion about potential ladies...we can do it here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/preferred-wives-for-william-and-harry-5260-98.html

Old 08-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post

Seriously, I think the fact that these two aren't getting a move on is just frustrating a press/internet that really, really, really wants a story out of them, because they sell papers/drive web traffic. Hence all this ridiculousness.
Yeah, it's obvious the media is making up anything at this point to put Kate and William on their covers, because they know people will read an article if it's about Kate and William, no matter what made-up drivel it is. Every so often I get asked by friends (who know I'm interested in the BRF) if Prince William is about to get married because they saw such-and-such a headline. So there's a lot of people out there who will fall for whatever headline the press makes up about Kate and William, regardless of whether it even makes any sense.

And it seems people really, really want a royal wedding. The media has chosen to focus almost exclusively on William and Kate for this goal, which makes sense because he is the future king, but it's also rather nice for Harry and Beatrice because it means they get to stay out of the marriage speculation, despite having a longterm girlfriend/boyfriend as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
And it seems people really, really want a royal wedding. The media has chosen to focus almost exclusively on William and Kate for this goal, which makes sense because he is the future king, but it's also rather nice for Harry and Beatrice because it means they get to stay out of the marriage speculation, despite having a longterm girlfriend/boyfriend as well.
It would make sense to me also that this perhaps is a ploy to "push" William into doing something. Perhaps they figure the more outrageous smut they can publish on these two will eventually have William and Kate say "enough is enough.. its time to put a stop to all the nonsense" and give the people and the press what they're really after.... a royal wedding.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with you Osipi. I don't think William would cheat openly or blantantly. I don't perceive him to be a womanizer, and by enlarge, the Windsors were not especially womanizers. The Duke of Windsor with Wallis and even his father, with Camilla, were very loyal to the ones they truly loved.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Courtier

Whatever the truth of this latest story I do think that 2012 is DEFINITELY OUT because of all the other Royal Events going on with the 2012 Jubilee and I am sure the Olympic Committee would be rather angry if an August Wedding took the limelight of the August Olympics.

I do think if he does want to marry her the dates are either 2011 or wait it out even longer for 2013 (unless William is superstitious unlucky 13).

I certainly don't see this going into 2014.

So:

2011 ... Very Possible
2012 ... Extremely Unlikely
2013 ... Possible
2014 .... Extremely Unlikely.

I suppose Clarence House could always deny this August story if it takes off and gets out of hand. Let's see what Clarence House do? Westminister Abbey Officials have NOT denied this conversation took place which is interesting.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Nobility

Unhappy

Kate has been very patient while William arms himself with military quals. What does she do to fill her time? Kate must really love this guy to put her life on hold for him for so long and there seems no end in sight.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

After a while, all this speculation and on again, off again possible marriage would become very old. Either one of two things will happen. They either will not marry or they will. I think Kate is holding on to the belief or hoping that a marriage takes place. Otherwise I don't think she will still be with him. However, patience can run thin after years and years. She must either be very much in love with him or a very patient person because 8 years is a long time. Usually by that time some type of decision is made. Usually the couple either goes their separate ways or they marry.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
After a while, all this speculation and on again, off again possible marriage would become very old. Either one of two things will happen. They either will not marry or they will. I think Kate is holding on to the belief or hoping that a marriage takes place. Otherwise I don't think she will still be with him. However, patience can run thin after years and years. She must either be very much in love with him or a very patient person because 8 years is a long time. Usually by that time some type of decision is made. Usually the couple either goes their separate ways or they marry.

Of course some type of decision has probably been made - they just haven't told us.

I do believe that they will marry and that they have planned their lives and the timing of their marriage to suit themselves rather than to suit the press and the public clamour.

The very fact that they are still together tells me that they have made a decision to get married and the only question is when:

2011 is possible but it would mean Kate being expected to virtually start being a full-time royal before William takes on that role - the public simply wouldn't accept her being married and doing nothing while William continues with his military career.

2012 - is less likely due to the Jubilee and the Olympics

2013 - is possible assuming William does actually finish his military career then - this has the advantage of them launching full-time careers as wavers and hospital openers together rather than have one already working and the other having to catch up

2014 - is even more likely to me - allowing William to have a year as a full-time royal before introducing his bride by his side.

However, if William decides to extend his service career who knows.

I still wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years time we are still discussing William's love life (and I wouldn't be surprised if Kate was still in the picture).
Old 08-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

Actually, William is still very young. I don't see a real need for him to rush into marriage.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
Actually, William is still very young. I don't see a real need for him to rush into marriage.

I wouldn't describe 29 as 'very young' at all. Youngish but he is getting on in years but most importantly so it Kate. Her biological clock would be starting to make itself a conscious part of her - not urgent yet but it is better to have children, as a woman, in the 20s rather than 30s - although that isn't a reason to rush into marriage.

I see 'very young' as early 20s e.g. Beatrice but not either William or Harry - young but past the 'very' stage as they are both mature men now.

I see no urgency for William to marry at all - but if it is to be Kate and he hasn't really considered anyone else - it is getting more important for her for them to set a date (which they may very well have done and just not told us yet).
Old 08-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
2011 is possible but it would mean Kate being expected to virtually start being a full-time royal before William takes on that role - the public simply wouldn't accept her being married and doing nothing while William continues with his military career.
not being married and doing nothing doesnt go down well with the British public either

Quote:
l wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years time we are still discussing William's love life (and I wouldn't be surprised if Kate was still in the picture).
She would be pretty old by then but who knows ... maybe she is prepared to do a Camilla, waiting until somebody else gets exhausted by the media pressure atsome point.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

"2014 - is even more likely to me - allowing William to have a year as a full-time royal before introducing his bride by his side."

How old were the other Crown Princes when they became full time royals? Does it just vary? Didn't they all marry after they became full time royals?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
He's 29, and he is no ordinary man avoiding marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
"2014 - is even more likely to me - allowing William to have a year as a full-time royal before introducing his bride by his side."

How old were the other Crown Princes when they became full time royals? Does it just vary? Didn't they all marry after they became full time royals?
Depends that you call "full time royals"? Most likely all of them did, but IMO CP Frederik became a real royal after he met Mary.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Nobility

I think some people and papers have a little histeria about Kate and Will wedding. Prince Frederick of Denmark married when he was 35 years old, and princess Mary was 31. Now they wait for baby twins so they will have 4 kids. Princess Letizia, princess Victoria and some other ladies married after their 30. bithday, Charlene Wittstock will be 33 on her wedding day. Kate isn't in so dramatic situation as some people believe. And for this who think she wait for so long: prince Carl Philip of Sweden dated for 10 years with Emma Pernald. And? They split up. And what? Nothing. They move on with their lives. I don't imagine what histerical headline will be if William split with Kate now. End of the world normally, for some people.

I wish Kate do something with her career. For these 10 years I've never heard nobody called Emma Pernald nickname "waity Emmy" or something. I believe Will and Kate will marry one day. They lovely and nice but a little boring, I can't understand why people don't leave them alone. Except the fact that Willam will be the King, they pretty ordinary couple. I sometimes wonder if Will couldn't split up with Kate becouse he would be too afraid about other's people opinion. I hope he stay with Kate becouse of love, not becouse he used to be with her.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
not being married and doing nothing doesnt go down well with the British public either .

That is exactly my point - she is getting bad press now and she isn't even married. If she was married and still wasn't working as a full-time royal, because William is still in the military and can't be there with her by her side as she starts royal duties, she would get even worse press but I simply can't see her being a full-time royal while William is serving on military bases and I can't see the British public allowing her to be a 'military wife' and nothing else.

Once they are married, assuming they marry, she will be expected to enter full-time royal duties and start a family. I simply think that the timing for that will be after William leaves the military and that is set for 2013 not 2011.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Courtier

On the Aussie news this morning they were talking (again) about the wedding between Will and Kate next year (2011) in August. That's not too long to wait.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
]He's 29, and he is no ordinary man avoiding marriage.

Depends that you call "full time royals"? Most likely all of them did, but IMO CP Frederik became a real royal after he met Mary.
He has just turned 28 , and I do not think Katherine will ever be the fairy tale bride. The fairy tale mistress, perhaps.

Kronprins Frederik was a "real royal" from the moment of his birth, the grandson of a King nand a Kronprins at the age of four.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Serene Highness

Once the ten year mark came, I would think that Kate would give Prince William an ultimatum. Either we get married or we move on. Kate's biological clock starts ticketing once she gets into her 30's. Since men can father children for several decades, it isn't as much as issue.

Queen Elizabeth started having children in her mid-twenties or slightly younger. If she started having children in her 40's, she might have missed out on a lot of things that she enjoys. Her grandchildren are grown, her grandson's wife is having a baby. Given that British royal females tend to live very long lives, she probably would have lived to see her grandchildren grow up if she had children late in life, but probably would not have lived to see great-grand children born unless those children had children at a young age.