William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is even a whiff of truth in the story that Charles met up with Kate and William at Christmas to discuss the timing of events and any announcment, then something must be happening this year, it stands to reason....at the very least the engagement. If it was all pencilled in for next year or beyond, why bother meeting about it now. I would also say behind the scenes these two have been privately engaged for quite a while. The "done deal" look has been on her face for quite a while.

However, there doesn't seem any reason for this supposed meet. She stays at Charles' home in London when with William. They have been to Birkhall before with Charles and she has been to a number of other functions.

What I do see is the BRF doing things differently with this generation compared to the last where the boy/girl friend wasn't at a function in any form of official capacity until after the engagement was announced. With William, Harry and Peter (remember Autumn went on the Queen's 80th birthday cruise before the engagement) and are allowing the partners to join them on occasions with no necessity that there is an engagement in the works at all.

I see no difference in Kate's smug look. She has always had it.

Whether she and William ever marry is for them to decide of course but I am so sick of the same stories being trotted out on an annual basis - wait for the 'Valentine's Day' announcements starting next week and then Easter, William's birthday, Diana's birthday, the anniversary of Charles and Diana's wedding, their summer holiday, their autumn holiday, their spring holiday, Christmas, whatever other holiday they take during the year etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did William have any other girlfriends (serious or otherwise) before he met Kate?

Williams traning won't official finish till 2014, if he gets engaged now, thats a 4 year engagement, with lengthy times apart.
It's clear that they don't want to get married and are satisfied with the arrangement they have.
With the election this year, Prince Phillips 90th next year, the olympics and diamond jubliee in 2012 i don't see anything happening until 2013. Unless they really want to surprise us.

Lets not forget that William is only 27 at the moment, and I am sure getting married is just not an urgent priority just yet. This is especially key in the context of the royal family, where the media spotlight will fall so firmly on them the moment the engagement is announced. Soon after the wedding, there will be strong pressure for them to have children quite soon, so if I was in William's shoes (and 27 years old), I too may prefer to put it off for another few years.

I don't think Prince Philip's 90th is going to prevent William marrying next year. As long as the celebrations are at least a few weeks apart, they can be married next year.

My view is that the wedding will either be later this year, after the elections (say August or September) or in summer 2011.

Whether she and William ever marry is for them to decide of course but I am so sick of the same stories being trotted out on an annual basis - wait for the 'Valentine's Day' announcements starting next week and then Easter, William's birthday, Diana's birthday, the anniversary of Charles and Diana's wedding, their summer holiday, their autumn holiday, their spring holiday, Christmas, whatever other holiday they take during the year etc. etc. etc.

Quite right, its just a page filler for the tabloids!

Did William have any other girlfriends (serious or otherwise) before he met Kate?

He was meant to have been seeing Jecca Craig, but it was never confirmed. At that age, he managed to keep his private life quite private.

Mentioning the Duke of York may actually be a very good reason for him not marrying while in the service.
Exactly, regarding Sarah & Andrew. It was mentioned as the main reason why their marriage failed.
IMO there is no way William will be engaged before his training finishes. He might even use it as an excuse not having to settle down soon. I've said it before and I'll say it again - there is no way for William to get engaged, married etc and say, ok, me and my wife, we'll now do the normal army marriage life until 2014, expect to hear from us then. No way. As soon as he gets engaged, married etc, people expect to see him and his wife in full duty with starting a family as part of that. I am sure he's fully aware of that. Maybe he'll even finish his training and then say, ok, I need a few years to fully grasp my role by getting deeper involved with various organisations, what the PoW does etc.

There is no need to rush btw. In 2014, William will be 32, same age as Kate. Victoria of Sweden was around the same age when she decided to settle down. If Kate is still around then, still more than enough time to start a life together. And because William is male, the advantage is on his side, he can chose a wife and have kids at ANY time, be it in 2014 or even 2024, with or without Kate.

My view is that the wedding will either be later this year, after the elections (say August or September) or in summer 2011.

They will need about six months from annoucing the engagement until the wedding and with a general election looming the earliest an annoucement can take place is the day after the election is finalised (and even then, with a new PM possible it could be seen as the royals trying to overshadow the election result). If there is no change in government it could be the next day but with a change of government they will probably have to wait a month or so.

Say the election in 6th May (and there have been indications that that could be the date but no date has yet been announced) then the engagement could be announced in June meaning a December wedding.

The more I look at the timings the more I feel that an engagement or wedding won't be happening this year.

Another thing to remember is that there are two Swedish weddings to be given their publicity as well (yes I know that the Danes and Spaniads had them in consecutive weeks but that doesn't mean that the British are going to announce in the lead up to the Swedish wedding).

Now watch me wake up in the morning to find out that they have announced their engagement.

I too believe that it is more likely to have the wedding in 2011, but I think later is 2010 is still doable. If there is a stable government after the elections, the engagement could be announced in late May, followed by a wedding in August or September.

He was meant to have been seeing Jecca Craig, but it was never confirmed. At that age, he managed to keep his private life quite private.

It's never been confirmed that Kate and William are dating.
Jecca and William were seen out quite often, but then Kate came back into the picture/came onto the scene and Jecca disappeared.

Yes William is 27 but we and the press have been talking about an engagement since he was 24/25? and we won't stop till he is.

I too believe that it is more likely to have the wedding in 2011, but I think later is 2010 is still doable. If there is a stable government after the elections, the engagement could be announced in late May, followed by a wedding in August or September.

With the sorts of people that have to be invited three months to organise it isn't sufficient.

Another point that might even have to be considered is that another of Her Majesty's realms is also due to have an election this year and could easily be in election mode come August or September - certainly by the end of the year and that is Australia. I am not saying that the royals would even care about that in announcing the date but they may take it into consideration.

In addition William will be doing his training until the end of the summer (or even later in the year) and interrupting the actual training part of the course is not something that most military forces like a person to do - either marry before starting the training course or wait until it is finished.

I don't see William wanting to marry unless he can be there all the way to oversee matters and to help whoever the girl is and that won't be until about 2013/2014.

I think their love life is hidden. Within what is shared with the viewing World we have the idea that they are a loving couple. Although we can only make guesses at their fusion as one day married, the relationship has gone on throughout this millennium. In that respect one can assume their is a bond that seems not being encroached by lack of regard for one another. They remain a pair as has been noted by their public appearance most recently upon William receiving his wings from his father at the army's reception for completing his helicopter training.

To me they are two, and form quite a lovely and attractive couple. I can see the connection that unites theme and I, like you and the rest of us, can only estimate how and when they may seek each other's hand forever. The World will be happy for their love and they will live happily ever after. I think we regard them as such. Someday we are to find out. And maybe sooner than we think. I guess that is why we all keep showing here for Kate and Will's good luck. And I enjoy anticipating. It is history in the making. If you will.

Well said, Penny Royalty

The ending in 2007 was a mutual decision and that has been there only split, and what do you mean other CP's have made followed this?
Remember William isn't a CP. :)

They have broken up more that just in 2007. I seem to recall they broke up at least once while still going to St.Andrew's. Then there was something about a bonfire reunion prior to that 2007 breakup. I wonder if any of the media will do a story comparing Kate to all these other women that have or have not ended up marrying their princes? That might make a good story for a change.

:previous:
Do you have proof of these other splits? Do you have articles or something more tangalble other then you recalling it. Because I don't recall even seeing too much of Kate during their St Andrew days... Maybe headlines stating "WILL'S GOT A GIRL" or something like while sking in 2005, Klosters was the place where the media first discovered William and Kate's relationship, when the pair were photographed kissing out on the slopes.Read more... , a Cap and Gown picture in June of 2005 is the next set of pictures I was awear of .... I would be more then happy to see if you have more.

Kate wasn't discovered by the press until 2005, when Kate and William were in Klosters.
There was very very little press about William let alone his girlfriend when he was at St Andrews.

When they split in 2007, it took a week maybe less for magazines like Hello to start publishing information about other possible marraige candidates.

Thank you, I Knew about the dates for Kate and was editing when you were replying ..lol .. :flowers:

What a pity that they use a headline to belittle Charles when the truth is that the property is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall estate and not specifically by Prince Charles, who has in income from that estate as his own but he doesn't personally own the property.

The article even says that Charles has no say over matters of this kind but let's not let the truth get in the way of a negative headline.

The article even says that Charles has no say over matters of this kind but let's not let the truth get in the way of a negative headline.
Obviously they do it to sell papers. Pity.

It is a pity, indeed. It is getting to be quite boring, IMHO. Let's move on, shall we?

Coud be some form of 'scouting' exercise on the part of the two families. To seek a place for their childern to call home in the future.

Coud be some form of 'scouting' exercise on the part of the two families. To seek a place for their childern to call home in the future.

I think a country house for William and his wife has already been found in Herefordshire, and is being refurbished by the Duchy. W&K are rumoured to have visited the site as well.

A nice location to live in. Thanks for the further information.

I don't think William will marry this year. Although I've said that he could be delaying marriage because he's unsure about Kate, no one really knows. He could could just be unsure about commitment (not Kate) or, like you said, maybe he wants to postpone having to do fulltime royal duties. I don't see William getting married until his training is finished, unless there's some sort of crisis and the monarchy needs a full-time Prince William and his wife to step up and perform engagements, or a wedding to boost support of the monarchy. Like people have said, why would he marry until he absolutely has to? I think that moment won't come until his potential bride (Kate or anyone else) is reaching 35, at which point there would be some pressure for her to have children.

Actually, I think Zara and maybe even Beatrice will marry before William does.

Could be that the Middletons like the feeling of being royalty and the house fulfils their fantasy.

Could be that the Middletons like the feeling of being royalty and the house fulfils their fantasy.

Perhaps they would not need to pay once Kate is married into the royal family!

I 'googled' Restormel Manor, there is a web site including a plan of the house. Could make a lovely first home for a young married couple.

Restormel Manor, Lostwithiel, Cornwall - The Duchy of Cornwall Cottages :)

I doubt they would have to pay, but if Kate marrys staying at Retormel Manor will probably be low on Carol's list. ;)

Wisteria you do bring up a very good point, closer to their dream perhaps. :)

Could be that they simply thought it was a nice place to spend a quite family Christmas or is it just not as much fun to not think the worst all of the time. ;)

As anyone who has the money can rent the cottage I don't see this a being associated with royalty because it is a cottage that belongs to an estate that is hundreds of years old.

Has any royal personage ever lived there (I don't mean stayed there for a week or so but actually lived there)?

If not, then I don't see that staying in a cottage owned by an estate has anything to do with feeling like royalty.

If not, then I don't see that staying in a cottage owned by an estate has anything to do with feeling like royalty.

Your post brings a question to mind ILuv.....Have you actually looked at the pictures of this "cottage"?
If someone wanted to fulfil a royal fantasy, this is just the right place to do it. I am just surprised that the Middletons who, everyone says, could afford to go anywhere, picked this "cottage" with its royal associations. It is owned by the Duchy and in other words by Prince Charles. Next thing I can see them trying to rent an apartment in KP....:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom