William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
¤ ¤ ¤

Welcome to the
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings thread for 2009

The previous thread covering the period 2005 to 2008 can be found here

¤ ¤ ¤

Last edited:
Some people say they are already engagaed and have been for some time. I think that at this point there must be some kind of understanding? or does any one think I am mistaking.. I love to here all of your veiw points..my opinon is just that mine..

If the individuals in question are engaged, who will pay any special attention to Mrs. Middleton's statement/statements amidst the engagement and wedding fever? If they are not engaged, the family and Ms. Middleton have already hinted about it to the public at large. This shocking revelation by Mrs. Middleton does no harm to the parties concerned.

Some people say they are already engagaed and have been for some time. I think that at this point there must be some kind of understanding? or does any one think I am mistaking.. I love to here all of your view points..my opinion is just that mine..

Lady Anne I believe that the couple have an understanding to date only each other and are committed. But Prince William has stated since the relationship came out in the press that he is not ready to marry until he is older, 28 or 30.

I think Kate loves him and is hoping for him to commit to marriage. If I was her I would wonder what Prince William's parents did to him emotionally with their marriage problems.

I have watch the actions of the couple and I don't see marriage for a few years. They are settling into their chosen careers at the moment. I think the short breakup in 2007 made them realize they are not ready to marry yet. :)

Only one question Georgiea, what chosen career is Kate settling into?

I think the continued insistence that she's not working or having a "career" is just a little ridiculous at this point, to be honest. She works for her parents at their family business. Why isn't that good enough for those who continue to be critical?

I think the continued insistence that she's not working or having a "career" is just a little ridiculous at this point, to be honest. She works for her parents at their family business. Why isn't that good enough for those who continue to be critical?

This type of employment means that Kate is allowed to do what she wants and more importantly when she wants - ie when William calls she is at his beck and call. It does not appear to me that it is a 9 to 5 job and certainly not a five day a week job.
The problem is that Kate gave up a job (created especially for her by friends of her family) and that this job entailed only three days a week. The general public and the media expect that Kate hold down a proper job (as I have stated earlier in this opinion) as she can not be seen to be workshy when she becomes Queen (GOD FORBID THIS).

I personally think it is rather ridiculous to belive that we can judge a person by the way they offially work. Okay, in the absence of other clues to judge this might appear more important than it actually is but it is still a part of her life where she is respondant on others - her employers. So it doesn't tell what people want to read out of it. IMHO, of course.

This type of employment means that Kate is allowed to do what she wants and more importantly when she wants - ie when William calls she is at his beck and call. It does not appear to me that it is a 9 to 5 job and certainly not a five day a week job.

I guess my problem with this line of thinking is two-fold: first, we do not know the particulars of Kate's work schedule - she may be working the sort of hours you suggest, or she might be working longer hours a few days a week, or she might be working barely at all - we can't know (and I don't think we're entitled to know). All we have are assumptions based on that interview that Belle Robinson gave about a previous job (which may be quite different from this one) and on photographs of Kate out and about at certain times (which have included, in the past two or three months, exactly one photograph of her out during a typical person's work time).

Second, there's the assumption that a job that only requires you to be at the workplace for a few hours a week is not a "proper" job. For example, my work is divided between my job site and home, and so I have flexibility as to when I complete the work I'm assigned out of the office. My job isn't easy, and it's extremely fulfilling. I'd reject the idea that I don't work hard because my work doesn't all happen at the office. We don't know what Kate's doing or where it takes place, and I don't think it's right to dismiss her work because it may not fit into some people's idea of the "typical" job.

I just really think it's a weak argument that this job isn't the "right" job for Kate to have. She's a private citizen. She's working. We don't even know if the two of them will marry someday. She has the right to choose the job she prefers. I don't think her current employment should be treated as a sort of de facto audition for possible queen-ship one day.

The problem is that Kate gave up a job (created especially for her by friends of her family) and that this job entailed only three days a week. The general public and the media expect that Kate hold down a proper job (as I have stated earlier in this opinion) as she can not be seen to be workshy when she becomes Queen (GOD FORBID THIS).

Kate is in 9-5 graphic job. Creating catalogs is a very consuming position with a lot of detail involved. Sorry, I use to be a graphic designer; with a family owned business, who did the catalogs and all other graphics. Catalog production is a proper job and very fulfilling. I have not notice since she has started working for her family's business much time off for vacations, partying and shopping. That is because catalogs creation do have deadlines. Sorry, but to me Kate and Prince William are now focusing on there careers and relationship in a mature manner. :flowers:

......The problem is that Kate gave up a job (created especially for her by friends of her family)......
:ermm: Hasn't Belle Robinson stated that she is in fact not a friend of Kate's parents and that she has only met them a few times and that this was just something that the media came up with.

Georgiea I believe that your job is time consuming and that you work 9-5 on it and I respect you for that. But, I don´t know how you know that Kate is putting as much committment into her job as you are, or that she is actually doing all the graphics for her family´s firm. We only know what we are told and much of that is only through the newspapers and those we can´t trust absolutely. I did see her photo on the Party Pieces site, but the rest is just hearsay. I don´t think it matters to tell you the truth if she works or not but when people say she is working it gives the idea that she is not Waity Katy sitting round waiting to be Queen of England which perhaps is a better way to picture her.

I don´t think it matters to tell you the truth if she works or not but when people say she is working it gives the idea that she is not Waity Katy sitting round waiting to be Queen of England which perhaps is a better way to picture her.

Why would that be better? We've got no real indication that she fits the tabloid-anointed "Waity Katie" image any more than she fits the image of a worker chained to a desk. I don't get why it's more palatable to imagine the worst of someone when we've got no real way to know what she's like or what her goals are.

:ermm: Hasn't Belle Robinson stated that she is in fact not a friend of Kate's parents and that she has only met them a few times and that this was just something that the media came up with.

She said something similar in the Evening Standard interview, I believe -- that she and the Middletons are casual acquaintances, not friends.

I guess I was really laughing at the magazine, not the Middleton family. I just think it's amazing how women's magazines are able fabricate stories in this way. Yeah right, but if so, what are these 'close friends' doing reporting this stuff to the press. . . it's all so phony, it just strikes me as being funny. . .

To be fair to the magazine they didn't publish the story first.

This is a take off (almost word for word) of the Katie Nicholls article in the Daily Mail published on 21st December. That is why I didn't mention it earlier when I read it on Monday. See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1099104/Royal-Wedding-It-happen-says-Kate-Middletons-mother.html

If there is any kind of understanding between them and marriage is still several years off, Kate probably should be doing something to shed the Waity Katy tag. I think this does matter, particularly to the generation that she is equivalent to and would be most involved and growing with, as a Royal alongside William. If she were a true high society aristo girl, this could likely be seen as normal or expected. But as she comes from a common background (even though it's upper middle class), not having a bonafide job/career after graduation, she gets labelled negatively as something else, ie. social climber.

As I recall, William has never acknowledged their relationship in any official way, but if there is any kind of understanding, she (and him) have to realize that she just can't be sheltered behind the 'private citizen' excuse all the time.

Until she exits the church on William's arm as Princess Catherine, what she does, how she lives her life, where she does it, and with whom is completely her business and no one else's, certainly not anyone on the internet. And especially since she has not been officially acknowledged by William nor the Queen nor Prince Charles as William's girlfriend.

This "Waity Katy" label was coined at a very nasty royal watcher website where they've done nothing but bang Kate Middleton BEFORE the day she graduated college, and the sleazier tabloid press picked up on it and ran with it. These few malcontents didn't shut their mouths when she got a job at Jigsaw and they continue to run their mouths now that she is working out of view of the camera lense at her parents' business, which is her legitimate right as an heir to same. It's called learning the business that she and her siblings will some day inherit. But I guess that's not good enough for some people.

So please spare me this she should get a job to be worthy BS because I know the SAME FEW PEOPLE who foment this tripe all over the internet will find something else to b*** about.

Oh my heart bleeds for them. I havn't been a decent holiday for 3 years but I hope poor overworked Prince W and his equally tired out girlfriend get a rest from whatever it is they do!

Oh my heart bleeds for them. I havn't been a decent holiday for 3 years but I hope poor overworked Prince W and his equally tired out girlfriend get a rest from whatever it is they do!

Oh dear!. He is in line to inherit a throne and she stands by his side waiting to be offered the chance to assist.....That is stressful.......:ROFLMAO: I hope you understand the seriousness of the situation.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And especially since she has not been officially acknowledged by William nor the Queen nor Prince Charles as William's girlfriend.

What would an "official acknowledgment" take the form of?

It's hardly Williams fault some of you people haven't been on vacation in so long, and it's hardly fair to say William doesn't work, just because it's not documented for the world to see doesn't mean he doesn't work, same thin goes for Kate anyways doesn't he start an attachment with the RAF next month.

If Kate is to marry William she needs to have done something with her life that the public can recognise and respect

Are they engaged yet and was she at sandringham? It's the same old same old each year.

It's hardly Williams fault some of you people haven't been on vacation in so long, and it's hardly fair to say William doesn't work, just because it's not documented for the world to see doesn't mean he doesn't work, same thin goes for Kate anyways doesn't he start an attachment with the RAF next month.

You see it is all in how people perceive them to be. With priviledge comes responsibility. William will inherit a throne someday and he needs to cultivate a relationship with his future subjects. Someone in his position needs to come across as responsible, thoughful and respectful.
It does not matter what he does and how he does it. He needs to keep up appearances. Whether they have an understanding or he strings her along, the way it looks they get along just fine when he is available and life goes on. Her mother's "interview" was not denied by the Middletons and the way some see it, it may have been an act of desperation on her part to get William to decide to ask her hand in marriage.:flowers:

:previous:
Her family was probably advised not to issue a denial, as once you start reacting to the lies, they wouldn't have time to run a business.

If William does ask for Kate's hand, lets hope the Middletons say NO. Having seen the comments posted about their daughter now, they might have some idea of what will be said/invented after any engagement.:nonono:

It's hardly Williams fault some of you people haven't been on vacation in so long, and it's hardly fair to say William doesn't work, just because it's not documented for the world to see doesn't mean he doesn't work, same thing goes for Kate anyways doesn't he start an attachment with the RAF next month.
Surprise, surprise, I agree with you!:flowers: Work wise William is in a difficult situation, there was very little released on his placements with the SAS or any of the other elite services he has had a taster of and some people presume he has been sat on his hands these last weeks. Apart from postings to war zones, all service personnel are entitled to holidays which might include extra days they have built up. Again with Kate, just because she is not seen on the tube every day people are presuming she is not working her socks off.

They are able to take luxury holidays, just like many others in the UK and I would imagine, all over the world.

In reality, there is very little Kate can do with her life, that would satisfy everyone or be called 'worthwhile'. As it stands she is merely dating William and is under no obligation to please anyone other than herself!

In the meantime she is pleasing William...

In the meantime she is pleasing William...
:flowers::ROFLMAO: But how do we know that William has not been down on one knee and begged for her hand in marriage, only for her to disdainfully turn away. After all he may be her plaything!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What Sky? Prince William a toyboy? Heaven Help Us. :flowers:

Now there would be a turn in events lol.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom