William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why they don't announce the engagemnet and then marry, like cp victoria.

We've talked about those videos here before. They're marketed as "truth," but they're just as biased as anything else. Not credible sources, IMO.

Those videos are all made to make kate look bad and most of them things are untrue. What thick skin Kate will have to have to deal with people who are so rude,(those who post the videos on youtube) people who mostlikely would not even know her if she walked up and smacked them in the face...Everyone may have their own opinion!

Check out this website:
Randomely Waitey Kaitey! :D

* thanks for being open-minded and not brainwashed *
weirdo.gif

Thank you for the website.
I agree with what the quote says, Kate is a woman with no taste and she shouldn't be allowed to marry into the BRF.

Thank you for the website.
I agree with what the quote says, Kate is a woman with no taste and she shouldn't be allowed to marry into the BRF.

And yet there are a lot of people who consider Kate a true, discreet lady with great style.

There will always be as many opinions as there are people. Personally I think that should Kate and William marry, she deserves a chance: so far, she has done nothing that would make me respect or disrespect her. She is just a young woman in a rather awkward and unusual situation.
There are a lot of decisions Kate has made I happen to disagree with, but since I don’t know the ‘entire picture’, so to say, I prefer to give her a benefit of doubt. My mother once told me: “if you don’t have something nice to say about people, stay silent”. :)

Last edited:
Has any member made a poll on whether or not Prince William should marry KM?

I am pretty sure there has never been a poll of the kind. You'd probably need to ask moderators of the British Forums (Warren, TheTruth, Zonk and/or wbenson) or one of the Administrators whether such poll can be created at all.
In any case, a poll like that would probably be a bit pointless because I seriously doubt that should William and Kate decide to marry, they'd consult with the opinion of TRF members. :rolleyes:
Furthermore, it might be argued that only the opinion of British members and people from the Commonwealth Realms would really have any relevance: I doubt my opinion would count, for example, as William is never going to be my Head of the State. ;)

Last edited:
I have so many comments about this site and the negative reactions to Kate, that I don't know where to start.

First, as previously mentioned everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion about Kate but as Skydragon said...how sad that so many people have formed opinions (both positive and negative) about someone that they don't know. Its only been the last three months that we heard video with her speaking...but yet everyone knows (thru pictures and spliced together youtube videos) her innermost thoughts. What special and talented people! Other than little snippets in the press, we simply no nothing about Kate. We don't know her political views, if she is deeply regligious, her favorite television programs, movie stars, etc. And yet people feel that they know all about her.

I am also taken aback about Kate being called Trashy...in what context...other than going to clubs and having a drink or two (as most young women tend to do from time to time), you have never seen her so inebriated that she can't function or done something that is totally embarassing to her family or her boyfriend.

Her clothing style is so boring and uninspiring (if I see those boots one more time) that I would hardly call it trashy.

Her family is middle class...when did that become a crime? Are they on the dole, and the BRF is covering for them? They appear to be hard working people whose only crime is that their daughter caught the eye of a Prince, who appears to care deeply for her. So a little extra business gets thrown their way because of who she is dating, is that a crime? Isn't that how the rich do it? Throw businesss contacts to people they know?

I also fail to see how Kate has No class.....does she spit on the public when she is out? Does she act high and mighty? People know this because she interacts with the public on a regular?

Again, everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. As I said before, I can either do with Kate or without her. Too me she is pretty average, but I don't think she has done anything to warrant such a nasty site.

Last edited:
The hate for Kate (that rhymes, how sad!) on the Internet is overwhelming. On YouTube, if someone dares to post a pro-Kate video, it is immediately bashed, and anyone who dares to say something positive about Kate gets ridiculed.

What is even sadder is that some of those Kate bashers are not teenagers - they are in their 30s and 40s. However, it could be said that those people are mentally teenagers. :nonono:

It is sad.

Like I have said before...too me Kate is boring. Not exciting clothes wise, style wise, doesn't appear to show any type of personality. Again, all this from pictures as I don't know the woman!

Not to get off topic (being a mod) but Diana had style....in the 80's (of which I am a child of) it was 80's style and it looked good. Not so good in the 90's and certainly not now...but you were like WOW! Before she passed, she showed poise, an ability to help others (no comments about the personal life) and great clothes style. And I say that as a Diana fan.

Now Camilla, I don't particularly care for (based on the past that I need to get over) but even based on her pictures she looks like someone who has a great personality and someone you would enjoy talking to. But I certainly didn't join a site to bash the woman.

But with Kate...nothing! But hey, William seems to like her and as long as she isn't showing up in public with her knickers, chain smoking, etc...she is okay with me. But they venom that is said about the girl is just unnecessary.

I find the visceral hatred toward Miss Middleton hard to understand. It comes across as being somewhat irrational. In live coverage of her (as opposed to papparazzi shots), she gives an impression of being sociable and refined. I've not seen an incident of bad manners or mugging for the camera. She must also be fairly intelligent given that she's managed a university degree. I know that not everyone likes everyone else, and I know that some people act in a way that breeds contempt; but I honestly can't say that I've seen Kate act in a way that can justify this vicious behaviour.

The hate for Kate (that rhymes, how sad!) on the Internet is overwhelming. On YouTube, if someone dares to post a pro-Kate video, it is immediately bashed, and anyone who dares to say something positive about Kate gets ridiculed.

I also fail to see how Kate has No class.....does she spit on the public when she is out?

No, but maybe those people mean situations like in this video :D :

YouTube - Kate Middleton has an itch

Sorry for posting it. Well, Marsel is absolutely right with her mothers words: say nothing if you can't say anything good about a person. Thats a noble gesture. But I think it should be allowed as well to state your opinion here if you don't like Miss Middleton. I mean, she's not Saint Catherine... :flowers:

Again, if you don't like her you don't like her. Like I said, I don't care for Camilla.

Everyone has different taste and opinions....I guess I just find it hard to put that much negative energy into someone I don't know.

No, but maybe those people mean situations like in this video :D :

Sorry for posting it. Well, Marsel is absolutely right with her mothers words: say nothing if you can't say anything good about a person. Thats a noble gesture. But I think it should be allowed as well to state your opinion here if you don't like Miss Middleton. I mean, she's not Saint Catherine... :flowers:

Well...that is certainly a rude video...because Kate is the only person who has an itch in this lifetime. So what is she supposed to do? Be uncomfortable?

And no one is saying that if you don't like Kate you shouldn't be allowed to have your opinion or express it...but to make judgement calls like...Kate is Trashy...Kate is Vulgar, etc. That is not an opinion but a judgement call that unless someone can show proof is really baseless as no one really knows her.

And I hardly think anyone has called her Saint Catherine? I mean, has she done any noble deeds that haven't been published. Again, I am someone who could take her or leave her. She DOES NOTHING FOR ME....but this negativity is just unnecessary.

Last edited:
:previous:

I agree. I dislike the Youtube-video's about Kate, its kind of fanatic and sick how some people are obsessed with Middleton in this weird kind. But this I found quite funny I must confess and I saw lots of pictures more in which she "had the itch" :D On the Van-Cutem wedding there was one pic as well...

But I don't want to be childish as you hopefully know. I just think, sometimes she behaves really not very well. Otherwise she can make a excellent performance, look elegant etc. I don't know if I like her or not. Simply because I don't know her.

Don't get me wrong, Zonk. I didn't mean, somebody called her Saint Catherine but I noticed that everytime if someone says something against her there is a kind of outcry. No offence to anybody here, I love this board and its just my opinion. Peace. :flowers: :)

You're welcome hun ... I'm not trying to be rude or anything, some of us are just sick & tired of certain royals marrying people who simply are not cut out for the job ^_~
This might be OT (please delete it mods if it is:flowers:) but who are you talking about here. Looking at the women who have entered the Royal Families in the last few years no one person comes to my mind as someone who not cut out for the job. The women in some places such as Norway, Spain and The Netherlands might not have been seen as ideal choices at first but they have all shown that they are most certainly cut out for the job. So I'm genuinely curious as to who the Royals are that have made bad marriage choices.

:previous:

I agree. I dislike the Youtube-video's about Kate, its kind of fanatic and sick how some people are obsessed with Middleton in this weird kind. But this I found quite funny I must confess and I saw lots of pictures more in which she "had the itch" :D On the Van-Cutem wedding there were one pic as well...

But I don't want to be childish as you hopefully know. I just think, sometimes she behaves really not very well. Otherwise she can make a excellent performance, look elegant etc. I don't know if I like her or not. Simply because I don't know her.

Don't get me wrong, Zonk. I didn't mean, somebody called her Saint Catherine but I noticed that everytime if someone says something against her there is a kind of outcry. No offence to anybody here, I love this board and its just my opinion. Peace. :flowers: :)

I think that there is an outcry to defend Kate per se because some of the nastiness that is directed towards her. Again, I don't care for the girl but I find myself defending her because of some of the unjust accusations that are said and then thrown her way.

For example, and not to pick on you Dierna23, but you say because "Kate sometimes doesn't behave very well." When is she not behaving well? When she scratches herself in public? Isn't that a normal human reaction? I guess I just don't get it.

Kate is human she is going to make mistakes. I find it quite sad that when she makes mistakes, people fail to recognize that she is human and let it go. We, as human beings have a tendecy to put people on pedestals and when they fall (because they are human) never let them forget it.

Last edited:
This might be OT (please delete it mods if it is:flowers:) but who are you talking about here. Looking at the women who have entered the Royal Families in the last few years no one person comes to my mind as someone who not cut out for the job. The women in some places such as Norway, Spain and The Netherlands might not have been seen as ideal choices at first but they have all shown that they are most certainly cut out for the job. So I'm genuinely curious as to who the Royals are that have made bad marriage choices.

Some people obviously don't have a sense of humor so don't worry about it ....

Well said, Zonk. I just don't get it either. I guess I am in the neutral zone when it comes to Kate. I cannot see her as the future Q of E but who am I to say? If she marries William she will undergo a tremendous make-over to help her. (At least I would hope so!) Even Camilla has had all the help she could ask for. :) (I am not a fan of hers, either.) So it remains to be seen as to how this saga will continue....

Honestly....in my mind the perfect Kate Middleton would have the look of Kate Middleton (or Mary of Denmark), the work ethic of Maxima of the Netherlands, the glamour and dedication of Caroline of Hanover and the serenty and peace of Mathilde of Beligium. But that's my take on Kate.

Here's hoping if she is the one...she proves the naysayers wrong, the Kate fanatics true joy, and makes William (and England) happy and a great asset to the British Royal Family.

Poor Kate! She hasn't taken the class yet of "Discreet itching 101" or "Camoflagged Nose-picking in a crowd" or any of the others to help her out with those who wish to embarass and talk down about her.
:nonono:

Diana was of another time. The press loved her, at first. And we don't know how many pictures that were not published that might have shown a little "human" side at first. We know at the end they loved to publish every ugly picture they could find.

Well on the flip side of the coin there are the fanatics who overhype her and get very defensive if you're not praising her to the sky. So it works both ways I think.

I think that there is an outcry to defend Kate per se because some of the nastiness that is directed towards her. Again, I don't care for the girl but I find myself defending her because of some of the unjust accusations that are said and then thrown her way.

For example, and not to pick on you Dierna23, but you say because "Kate sometimes doesn't behave very well." When is she not behaving well? When she scratches herself in public? Isn't that a normal human reaction? I guess I just don't get it.

Kate is human she is going to make mistakes. I find it quite sad that when she makes mistakes, people fail to recognize that she is human and let it go. We, as human beings have a tendecy to put people on pedestals and when they fall (because they are human) never let them forget it.

I know, Zonk, that you're right and I don't want to be pedantic. Of course she is human, but I think we know that the press and the protocol won't care much about that fact if she marries Prince William. To be honest I don't care if she scratches herself or drops another clangers. I only think her behaviour sometimes is just grist for the mill of her ciritics.

:previous: Keywords...press, protocol and if she marries William.

Press - If William and Kate become engaged and then married, her press interaction will be heavily monitored and staged. If at all possible, we will know even less of Miss Middleton other than what Buckingham Palace (and those well quoted sources) wants us to know.

Protocol - In regards to this, Kate will be instructed by Buckingham Palace, her husband and his family on what is and what is not proper protocol. I do have to say, than other than a few gaffes, Kate has handled herself well. Its unfair to make a lifetime judgement call on a few gaffes, what one reads and sees on the internet. Let's face it....no one really censors the internet. If I wanted to I could say from now until the end of time that Kate is purple, if someone quotes me, forwards it enough times, says it so much that it MUST be true...does that make it true?

If she marries William - she might not marry him. And while Great Britian has a right to judge on whether or not she is good enough to marry William, one has to ask what is the critieria? How are we judging on her ability to fit within the royal family if we don't know her? I think of anyone, William knows what is expected of his wife, and if he thinks she can cut it...he will ask her to marry him.

And for the record, having been a member of this Forum for the last four years, I have witnessed some true fans, the pro Dianas/Camilla's, Letizia, Mary, Maxima fans...and the people who support Kate are NOTHING LIKE THOSE PEOPLE.

I think for the most part people are ambivalent about Kate, she may have some good points but no one really knows since she barely speaks in public, and most things known about her and her family have come from the tabloids, the lack of a work history bothers some (NO NEED TO GET INTO THAT). Honestly, I think at this point...William and Kate have been dating so long people just want a wedding. It could be William and the girl down the street.

Last edited:
I'd be one of Kate's biggest fans if she genuinely changes her ways ... only time will tell

Kate is human like the rest of us but dating the future king of England. Unless she's dealing drugs or hanging out with pimps I can't really be nasty towards her

That's strange for me. I remember that Brits like Kate very much at the beginning. When they graduated, she worked for Jigsaw company and press write only good about her. People hope they marry soon, however I was sceptical (they're both 24 then). One day I read on one polish site news that Brits and Queen are angry becouse Kate give up her job. I was suprised. I went to english sites and was a little shock when I saw what they write about Kate. Some reports describes Kate day timetable: only gym, shopping, hairdresser, partying. Then there was comments that she's only hanging around and she's ,,Waity Katey" now. I wonder: what happened?
I read some articles in which was written that Kate had difficulty with finding a job in art gallery becouse of paparazzi. Maybe if she still works for Jigsaw people stop insulted her? Work for family company was controversal for people but that's always something. And the last: how long we could wait for the wedding? I suppose that Brits and media are more determined to know if and when Kate and Will wed that couple! And know this story with uncle. I feel sorry for Kate becouse she paid for all this things and I don't think she's so bad as media tried to make her.

I think that Kate is no more "human" than the rest of the royal family. People put the royals above reproach and when they do something normal, human, they are criticized to the nth degree! Everyone gets an itchy or crusty nose and not have a tissue handy - it's just not the same when a "royal" does it and gets caught.

If the royals weren't under the microscope so much of the time, people wouldn't have so much to criticize and the newspapers wouldn't have their fodder to pass along at the consumer's expense.

If William and Kate do marry, it's his choice, of course, governed by what the Queen and Prince Charles think, but considering some of what other royals have married, she could be much worse. She's attractive, dresses sensibly enough compared to most of her age and is stuck in an impossible situation. If she works, she's criticized for the slightest move she makes and if she doesn't, she's criticized for not working, that she's a "golddigger" waiting for her crown.

I think people just love to bash the royals because of what they symbolize and what they have compared to most and this will never stop, even if there is no public support for the monarchy.

I think that Kate is no more "human" than the rest of the royal family. People put the royals above reproach and when they do something normal, human, they are criticized to the nth degree! Everyone gets an itchy or crusty nose and not have a tissue handy - it's just not the same when a "royal" does it and gets caught.

I agree with you, but that is just it Kate is NOT a "royal" yet. Who knows if she ever will be(chances look good for her) but who knows...I think she appears to be a nice girl. Hopefully she is, it is a guessing game at this point. As long as she makes William happy and if they marry she is good for the country that she will serve then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom