William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was abit in todays sun about how the BBC is already making a documentary on Wills and Kates wedding, even though it hasn't happend yet.

Here in Australia, news of the BBC's documentary has made all of the TV News bulletins and the newspapers. Some Royal Watchers in London said to Nine News at 4.30 that a wedding was predicted for this year, but with the economy in tatters the Queen tought it sould wait. Personally, I couldn't think of a better way to cheer up the world than with the fairytale-like atmosphere of a royal wedding:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remember all the commemorative mugs that were made for the engagement some years back? :rolleyes:

There was abit in todays sun about how the BBC is already making a documentary on Wills and Kates wedding, even though it hasn't happend yet.

Here in Australia, news of the BBC's documentary has made all of the TV News bulletins and the newspapers. Some Royal Watchers in London said to Nine News at 4.30 that a wedding was predicted for this year, but with the economy in tatters the Queen tought it sould wait. Personally, I couldn't think of a better way to cheer up the world than with the fairytale-like atmosphere of a royal wedding:flowers:

However, since the failure of three of the Queen's four children's fairytale weddings I think people are more realistic and aware that all the pomp and ceremony doesn't guarantee any future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres also I think an article from Billed Bladet but I don't speak dansih so I don't know.
Billed-Bladet - Prins Williams bryllups-film

x
The article from Billed Bladet says and i quot: "New BBC documentary film about William and Kate focuses on new rumors of an impending royal wedding.
The BBC is ready to make a documentary about Prince William, 26, and his girlfriend Kate Middleton, 27, it has triggered rumors of an impending wedding, in Britain.
The British media believe that the BBC has been secretly informed that there is something afoot in the Bristish royal family.
It is quite costly to make such a production, and it happens right now indicates that a royal wedding is on the way, said the British newspaper The Sun".

Gretna Green would be excellant what a good idea.. How many years has it been since and heir was married on Scottish soil oh the romance of it all.. the hands clasped above the anvil
Gretna is far from romantic nowadays, there are so many anvils to marry over.:D

The article from Billed Bladet says and i quot: "New BBC documentary film about William and Kate focuses on new rumors of an impending royal wedding.
The BBC is ready to make a documentary about Prince William, 26, and his girlfriend Kate Middleton, 27, it has triggered rumors of an impending wedding, in Britain.
The British media believe that the BBC has been secretly informed that there is something afoot in the Bristish royal family.
It is quite costly to make such a production, and it happens right now indicates that a royal wedding is on the way, said the British newspaper The Sun".
It has? I confess I've yet to come across anybody who is even interested in William and Kate.

The idea that their wedding would be widely welcome by the British people is something royal watchers believe, in reality that isn't the case imo.

I don't know that there's been much public polling about Kate and her relationship to William -- or at least I haven't read it if there is. This Australian paper editorial suggests that half of the British people approve of her, but there's no source for the statistic.

I think there's a general idea that people like a grand royal occasion, especially if there's a couple in love at the center of it.

In regards what the British public thinks about William and Kate's relationship...I think its fair to say that one or two people can't speak for an entire nation.

With the economic situation as it is right now, I think everyone is really just trying keep their heads above water.

With the economic situation as it is right now, I think everyone is really just trying keep their heads above water.

Very true. I wouldn't be surprised if when a wedding does occur, there will be a lot of Brits grumbling about it's cost, and some vocally calling for the end of the monarchy. A wedding will definitely give the republicans ammunition.

I think you're right, Sonjapearl -- some will undoubtedly gripe about cost and the monarchy, because they seem to do that constantly about anything the royal family does. But others may argue that a royal wedding could actually be an economic boost for some industries, like travel and tourism.

I guess, in the end, you simply can't please everyone.

It could also deflate the republican movement, I imagine. As far as I know, that's what the Golden Jubilee did.

I think a wedding will give a boost of happiness in a time of economic difficulties. No doubt the Palace will be carefull to avoid any appearance of excess.

The republican movement in the UK is not very big, if it ever came to a referendum the do not knows would go mainly to the royals imo.

Let us hope that this boost of happiness in a time of economic difficulties will be for Prince William and his bride. People can be happy together, live together, smile at each other and show affection but does that necessarily mean their wedding is being planned?
Perhaps we will know soon.

:previous:
it's a difficult climate in the UK these days. the public loves crucifying people who in their view are - undeservedly - better off than themselves. it started with the bankers and now it's the politicians. next time it could be the royals. never underestimate the public opinion / people's rage, there is some true democracy going on here with the public getting it their way to a degree never seen before.

well off topic but the media went after the undecent bankers and politicians and rightly so while they did not give enough attention to the decent ones perhaps.

I do not think anyone can fault Elizabeth II :flowers: and when the younger generation trips up they are critisized.

But everyone loves a couple in love, it is the dream of everyone and behaviourwise I do not see either of them doing anything wrong. (what are those 3 jumping things?)

:previous:
it's a difficult climate in the UK these days. the public loves crucifying people who in their view are - undeservedly - better off than themselves. it started with the bankers and now it's the politicians. next time it could be the royals. never underestimate the public opinion / people's rage, there is some true democracy going on here with the public getting it their way to a degree never seen before.

You mean these: :previous:

It's just a symbol showing that the poster is referring to the previous post. It's in the list of smilies. Some of our members find it useful; just ignore it if you don't.

Last edited:
I wonder how huge their wedding is going to be?

I'm sure they'll invite foreign heads of state, as William will likely be king one day, though I'd wager that we'd see members of royal families from William's generation coming as representatives, not the kings and queens. Probably lots of members of the British nobility and political leaders. I'd guess that we'd see a large presence of people representing the charities for which William is patron. Family and friends, of course.

Royal wedding is so rare affair, so i suppose it will be very luxurous, showy and... i don't know what else

I think it will be the Kings and Queen to show William's position. The heirs would make sense since they are somewhat closer to them but really, has he ever met five of them? I am talking Wilhem, Frederik, Felipe (I know he did as a child), Victoria, etc?

The Kings and Queens because of his position and because they are very familiar with QE2 and Charles.

I think it will be the Kings and Queen to show William's position. The heirs would make sense since they are somewhat closer to them but really, has he ever met five of them? I am talking Wilhem, Frederik, Felipe (I know he did as a child), Victoria, etc?

The Kings and Queens because of his position and because they are very familiar with QE2 and Charles.

Exactly. One day William will be the heir of the most recognizable monarchy in the world - whatever status he will have when he gets married, Prince or PoW (maybe even King, who knows :rolleyes:), the reigning monarchs will show up plus their heirs, not to mention all the dignitaries from England to Commonwealth. There is no low key option in terms of guest list for Prince William's wedding. Not in a million years. When William gets married, it will be BIG. The only issue I can imagine to be low key is romance, by leaving off all the schmalz lovey dovey stuff that surrounded his father's wedding and raised all these ill expectations.

Exactly. One day William will be the heir of the most recognizable monarchy in the world - whatever status he will have when he gets married, Prince or PoW (maybe even King, who knows :rolleyes:), the reigning monarchs will show up plus their heirs, not to mention all the dignitaries from England to Commonwealth. There is no low key option in terms of guest list for Prince William's wedding. Not in a million years. When William gets married, it will be BIG. The only issue I can imagine to be low key is romance, by leaving off all the schmalz lovey dovey stuff that surrounded his father's wedding and raised all these ill expectations.

However, some of these other monarchies might remember who the British sent the the marriages of their Crown Princes e.g. Prince Edward and Sophie to Crown Prince Frederick's wedding. Not the heir to the British throne for the Danish Crown Prince but the 7th in line.

However, some of these other monarchies might remember who the British sent the the marriages of their Crown Princes e.g. Prince Edward and Sophie to Crown Prince Frederick's wedding. Not the heir to the British throne for the Danish Crown Prince but the 7th in line.

I don't think so and it has to do with the status of the British. Ask people on the streets across the globe and they will recognize QE II or Prince Charles - but Queen Beatrix, King Juan Carlos, Queen Margrethe, sorry who?

The British Monarchy is what monarchy it is all about, when they call everyone will gather because not gathering means missing out on a coverage on global scale or "not being part of the family". In return, I agree, they don't always show the same affection towards others, QEII never attends any royal gatherings like weddings, funerals eg so they send either Prince Charles or even someone further down the ranks.

I am dead sure when Prince William gets married every singe monarchy out there will send their top class representatives if only to show "we are good enough or belong to this circle" and to be seen.

Imagine...

If you were one of the pair.. and in love what would YOU do..

Wills: are we really ready yet for all that waving and whatnot?
Kate: can we put if off a while dear.. lets just be us for a bit..

Kate: they expect us to marry.. I'm tired of being waity katey...
Wills: I want to be a search and rescue pilot!! Its what I really want to do in life. Let me have this please? It'll be ages actually before I need to be King.

I believe that they both know that whenever they do marry.. the wedding isn't going to be about them but a national and international affair. They don't have the option of just exchanging vows between the two of them. They marry as future king and queen. Its then they really belong to the people.

Once this wedding does happen.. they are committed to REALLY being in a fishbowl for the rest of their lives. I do imagine that being with William for so many years she's got a good sense of what happens.. knows the history of William's mother and dad as well as the Yorks.

IMHO.. if Kate and William do get married.. William gets the girl he fell in love with AND has been friends with for years. If they take forever to make it public and a world wide event.. that is their choice. They really don't need to hurry.

Osipi

I don't think so and it has to do with the status of the British. Ask people on the streets across the globe and they will recognize QE II or Prince Charles - but Queen Beatrix, King Juan Carlos, Queen Margrethe, sorry who?

I agree with that people in the streets don't know about another kings and queen too much. But it doesn't mean they are worse. In Spain people don't care QE II as much as King Juan Carlos. And in my country - people more often recognize QE II than Juan Carlos but in fact about both of them people doesn't know too much. News about Willem and Maxima, Frederick and Mary and others are in our media so people who are interest what's going on know who they are.

I think that Great Britain will loose after QEII death. When you ask foreigh people what they think when they hear about GB, more often is: Big Ben, Queen, Manchester United, Scottish kilts, Harry Potter etc. Queen is a symbol of monarchy, but prince William is sb like "royal celebrity" and prince Charles is very often a ,,tourist curiosity".

I agree with that people in the streets don't know about another kings and queen too much. But it doesn't mean they are worse. In Spain people don't care QE II as much as King Juan Carlos. And in my country - people more often recognize QE II than Juan Carlos but in fact about both of them people doesn't know too much. News about Willem and Maxima, Frederick and Mary and others are in our media so people who are interest what's going on know who they are.

I think that Great Britain will loose after QEII death. When you ask foreigh people what they think when they hear about GB, more often is: Big Ben, Queen, Manchester United, Scottish kilts, Harry Potter etc. Queen is a symbol of monarchy, but prince William is sb like "royal celebrity" and prince Charles is very often a ,,tourist curiosity".

Here I beg to disagree with you. Yes.. when QEII dies.. there will be not only be a mourning of the passing of her spirit but also the spirit of how she embodied the spirit of her kingdom for so many years. That is what made her regal.. her spirit and example to her people.

Where I disagree with you is on Prince Charles. Ok.. he's the heir in wating and wating and waiting.. He's been picked apart since he was born.. "Dumbo ear".. "I'd rather talk to a plant".. you name it. The man has a good redeeming quality... He DID talk to plants. He prefers to eat organiic foods... he's addressing world leaders about global warming. AND he's getting his chances in before he needs to be King and as head of state isn't allowed to have an opinion.. but just advises (correct me if I'm wrong on this). What Charles has believed in for years.. he still stands by it.

William and Harry hehe... I do see your point.. I'm a Harry Potter fan myself althought I'm not a muggle. I see two boys growing up in a world that's not quite like ours. They KNOW that by birth they have to do a certain thing and actually they have no choice. I don't know how old you are but imagine if since you were old enough to remember.. you were told this is what you will do for the rest of your life.

And on the other poiint of other countries. I'm in the US and until I came to TRF I didn't realize that Spain had a king.. Actuially I came first just for a hat picture from Ascot and ended up reading everything there is to read here. I've learned a lot.

Osipi

... until I came to TRF I didn't realize that Spain had a king...ended up reading everything there is to read here. I've learned a lot.
This is what the Forums are all about. Welcome aboard Osipi! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom