William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's been quiet on the will/kate front lately. haven't seen anything new on them. has anyone else?

Are you kidding?:eek:? I had no idea that they had run this story. I really thought that my voodoo-joke was so ridiculous that nobody in their right minds would buy anything even vaguely like it! This is the 21st century, who would believe in Kate using withcraft? Such a headline comes some 500 years too late, medieaval age is history!!
I am sure they will put some NEW AGE twist on it and back it up with scientific data and 'evidence' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: More luck to the girl if she is using witchcraft it seems to be in making herself invisible.... and while I deplore the lack of info personally I applaud her good sense.

Are you kidding?:eek:? I had no idea that they had run this story. I really thought that my voodoo-joke was so ridiculous that nobody in their right minds would buy anything even vaguely like it! This is the 21st century, who would believe in Kate using withcraft? Such a headline comes some 500 years too late, medieaval age is history!!

They never ran the story.

The voodoo story comes from the anti-Kate Internet royal watchers, who apparently look for every opportunity to demonize poor Kate.

I just think Kate and Wills are doing a great job of staying out of the press for thelast 8-9 months. Many may argue that the relationship has faltered and thatis why they are not seen together (and that may well be the case!), but I think it is great to see the press on the backfoot in this regard.

I hate this never ending speculations. I want to hear the news about their engagement from palace.

I hate this never ending speculations. I want to hear the news about their engagement from palace.
:flowers:I dont mind neverending speculation I dont want a rushed/pressured wedding. I dont think anyone does. We were mostly unhappy with Edwards wedding /choice but it seems to be working and I hope Williams choice will work too.... When HE decides.:cool:

:flowers:I dont mind neverending speculation I dont want a rushed/pressured wedding. I dont think anyone does. We were mostly unhappy with Edwards wedding /choice but it seems to be working and I hope Williams choice will work too.... When HE decides.:cool:

I don't like false alarms. Will isn't my favourite prince so I don't mind his wedding but this never ending ,,Kate and Will marry soon" is ridiculous. What do you mean ,,we were mostly unhappy with Edwards wedding"? Something wrong with Sophie? I've never heard nothing bad about her.

Sadly I think that William is going to be like his old man and keep us waiting for a while. I do however think that Kate will be the one that he eventually marries (IMO) so I am prepared to be patient. I hope that he proves me wrong though :flowers:

I don't care who he marries as long as he is allowed to marry the woman he loves (unlike two previous heirs to throne who weren't allowed to do so - Edward VIII and Charles).

If it goes awry at least it was his decision rather than being forced on him for the wrong reasons.

I don't see him marrying this year due to his training. I really don't think Kate would like to be starting on royal duties without him and he won't be free for full time duties for another couple of years so I still don't see a marriage before 2013 (after the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics in 2012).

That being said I am usually completely wrong on these things and they will probably marry this year but this occasions is the first suggestiong since Valentine's Day isn't it? Well we do have his birthday next month so maybe that will be 'engagement' day - or maybe it will be his grandfather's 88th birthday, or his mother's birthday, or Aunt Anne's in August or...........

I think you're dead on correct, Bertie, and I agree. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they get engaged before the next several years. I think they're going for the royals' longest courtship record. And they sort of have to nowadays, because William is heir to the throne, this has to be right... well, as right as anyone including him and Kate, can be.:flowers::flowers: Meanwhile, there's alot of SPINNING going on over these latest pictures!!! I'm having a great laugh!!!:lol::lol::lol:

He did say he wouldn't marry before 30, so that's four more years, or three if you count that the engagement announcement would be a year ahead of the wedding. CP Victoria might hold the record for longest non-engagement.

I think he actually said something like 28 or 30, but I stand by previous statements that I doubt most things Prince William says on record to the media about his love life. He's too private. I wouldn't hold him to it -- I think he'll get married when he's ready, whenever that is, not at some pre-determined age.

What spinning? We're just happy to see them together in public.:ermm:

I think you're dead on correct, Bertie, and I agree. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they get engaged before the next several years. I think they're going for the royals' longest courtship record. And they sort of have to nowadays, because William is heir to the throne, this has to be right... well, as right as anyone including him and Kate, can be.:flowers::flowers: Meanwhile, there's alot of SPINNING going on over these latest pictures!!! I'm having a great laugh!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I think perhaps some other websites are "spinning" the pictures -- as in, trying to argue that they're still not a couple even after seeing the photos of William with his arm around her as the two of them are leaving together.

People will always have something to say.... weather it be "spinning" about a photo or where they live. It is plain to see they are a happy couple. Some just like the drama of thinking there is more to a story and that I don't think we will ever change so why try...Live, laugh, love, and go on to the next story lol......

This one has been going through my mind lately, lets say they announce their engagement, since William has always seemed to me as very private do you think it's possible he wouldn't want the wedding televised , honestly I'd be pissed. I know I'm rushing here but just been thinking about it.

Maybe he and Kate would marry in secret, and the televised version would be just for the masses!

No, seriously, I don't see Wills doing that. He understands the monarchy needs to be visible, and the public would be outraged if he didn't televise his wedding.

:previous:

Maybe we'll soon find out?

Prince William Reportedly Set To Announce Engagement To Kate Middleton | AHN | May 14, 2009

Britain's Prince William is set to announce his engagement within the next few months, according to well-informed sources. The future king - who made his first public appearance with girlfriend Kate Middleton for five months at a polo match over the weekend - is odds-on with bookmakers to propose to Kate by the end of this year after receiving a sudden rush of knowledgeable bets.

They get his age wrong, but maybe something will happen?

I want an announcement at this point I don't care when I'm just dying to hear it haha I sure hope William is smart enough to know he'll most likely have to televise it, although I'm sure the Queen would probably advise it even if he didn't want it seeing as he will be King one day so this would be a big thing.

IF William marries Kate (within the next two years) I am thinking its going to be somewhat low key (as low key as a British royal wedding can be) due to the economy. The Windsors won't want to seem wasteful particularly when a lot of people are struggling. And when I say low key... I don't mean Gloucester/Kent low key. A little more like Lady Chatto and Lord Linley's wedding but a lot bigger. Bigger than the Chatto/Linleley's wedding but smaller than Andrew/Sarah and definitely Charles/Diana.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be ok if it was something like Peter/Autum's wedding in general terms except televised but from the pics it looked quite beautiful and not too expensive.

IF William marries Kate (within the next two years) I am thinking its going to be somewhat low key (as low key as a British royal wedding can be) due to the economy. The Windsors won't want to seem wasteful particularly when a lot of people are struggling. And when I say low key... I don't mean Gloucester/Kent low key. A little more like Lady Chatto and Lord Linley's wedding but a lot bigger. Bigger than the Chatto/Linleley's wedding but smaller than Andrew/Sarah and definitely Charles/Diana.
Personally I think if he marries while the Queen is still alive then he should have a smaller wedding, similar to Edwards, regardless of the economic situation in the UK at the time. If he marries when Charles is King then I would like to see him have a larger (but not as large as the one in '81)wedding.

Personally I think if he marries while the Queen is still alive then he should have a smaller wedding, similar to Edwards, regardless of the economic situation in the UK at the time. If he marries when Charles is King then I would like to see him have a larger (but not as large as the one in '81)wedding.

IMO it is not possible to have a "downsized" wedding, a la Edward, for the future heir of the british throne. There will be dignitaries from all over the commonwealth, main representatives of world-royalty etc etc. Plus the world-wide media interest - especially in Britain the papers will expect a lot and they could spoil the atmosphere / influence the public opinion when moaning about a low key wedding.

And I don't think it makes any difference that William, in case he marries whilst Charles is still PoW, is not the 1st in line but only 2nd. It's not an explanation for a low key wedding. He is the future King, that's all that counts. Who cares about Peter Philips or Prince Edward anyway.

Overall I think a wedding at this stage, major recession and a difficult time for all public institutions like monarchy, parliament etc would be seen as quite unsuitable. Of course it's a private decision but the public would ask why now as there is no obvious rush for William to get married. He already has had a girlfriend for such a long time, nobody bothers if he goes on like that for another five years.

If William and Kate decide to get married now then why shouldn't they?

They have as much right as anyone else to get married and if that means a low key wedding ala Edward because of the economy so be it.

To say that they have to delay getting married because of the economy is not fair to the people concerned.

I suspect that they won't marry for a number of years - simply because I think William doesn't really want to get married at all and will put it off as long as possible so that he can be 'free' from the hassles that his parents' marriage was. At the moment he has the best of both worlds - a constant woman by his side but still a bachelor when it suits him.

I don't see a marriage before the London Olympics and partly because of the costs of the Olympics on top of everything else but also mainly because I don't see William wanting to marry at all until he finishes his full time military service and that I think takes him to about 2012 - Olympic and Jubilee Year so a royal marriage is out that year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom