William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting, I wonder if any of them have gone on the record about having fertility issues. I mean the sad thing is, none of them could ever adopt, right?

It doesn't look like the european princess have had fertility issues, but of course i doubt the Norwegian or Danish royal houses would announce that Mary or MM conceived via IVF. :)
They could adopt if they wished, but those children would never be in line for the throne.

:previous:

Most of the European Crown Princesses had their first children relatively shortly after their marriages, so I think that excludes fertility treatments; I doubt IVF would have been considered unless there were signs conceiving naturally would be difficult or impossible, and that could take years.

I frankly don't see Kate's fertility as a major issue, even if they do wait for a couple of years before marrying: Kate is almost 28 now and even in 5 years time, she’d be only 33 – hardly an age when fertility is a huge issue in our days.

I could imagine him being a Prince Albert type because i don't see why he should get married, the monarchy is secure for now, theres a present heir Charles and he has an heir William. :)

Albert has two children out of wedlock with accidental women and from probably 5 years dating with the same girl, Charlene who is 30 or 31. Monaco wait for wedding, wait and will be waiting... If you compare him with William, you will see that William is smart, responsible guy. If not the fact that he's dating Kate very long, and brits tabloids are noisy and irritable there will be not pressure. Before 30 birthday nobody should tease him, why he doesn't married yet!

I suppose that if not RAF stuff and being royal he could be married now but he knows that marriage means new responsibilities and duties for him and Kate. Why nobody say that they want lead such cheerful, carefree life for some years yet and they don't be in hurry and Kate maybe isn't desperate to be royal at all.

I like Peter and Autumn the most, anyway. They're still hasn't kids, not in hurry at all. Lucky people :)

Albert has two children out of wedlock with accidental women and from probably 5 years dating with the same girl, Charlene who is 30 or 31.

Are you saying that Albert has had children with Charlene?

Monaco wait for wedding, wait and will be waiting... If you compare him with William, you will see that William is smart, responsible guy. If not the fact that he's dating Kate very long, and brits tabloids are noisy and irritable there will be not pressure. Before 30 birthday nobody should tease him, why he doesn't married yet!

All tabloids are irritable and noisy, they have the right to be. Why before his 30th birthday? I would hardly call it teasing? We have the right to ask when the heir to the heir is going to get married. :flowers:

I suppose that if not RAF stuff and being royal he could be married now but he knows that marriage means new responsibilities and duties for him and Kate. Why nobody say that they want lead such cheerful, carefree life for some years yet and they don't be in hurry and Kate maybe isn't desperate to be royal at all.

I like Peter and Autumn the most, anyway. They're still hasn't kids, not in hurry at all. Lucky people :)

Just being royal stops him from getting married at this age? I think being royal makes it more likely that he should be married young, the RAF would still accept him married, he could get married whilst in the RAF but has chosen not to.
They have led a carefree cheerful life for 8 years, an engagement at least would be nice.
Peter and Autumn don't have the burden of being Prince Charles' son. ;)

Had William and Kate been seeing each other in their parents' generation, I think that they'd have been married a few years ago. Today, when people are in love, they act as though they're married but without making the commitment at the altar until they're good and ready. William and Kate probably stay together on the weekends, which isn't too different from commuter marriages. They have the benefits of married life while still retaining their privacy and no pressure to have children. I'm an old-fashioned person and don't like this trend; but it's the way it is these days and William and Harry want to be "normal.":ermm:

Just being royal stops him from getting married at this age? I think being royal makes it more likely that he should be married young, the RAF would still accept him married, he could get married whilst in the RAF but has chosen not to.
They have led a carefree cheerful life for 8 years, an engagement at least would be nice.

An American morning show, Today, did a 2 minute snippet regarding William and Kate getting engaged. And you know what it told me NOTHING! NOTHING that I hadn't read on this board.

They talked about the usual: how long they have dated, all the royal experts agree that when broke up and got back together it was for good, the year (2012), and how busy a year it will be: his RAF training, the London Olympics and the Queen's Jubilee. They also mentioned the length of an engagement but nothing hard...they said it could be from two to six months. When its announced, all the plans would have been set.

Again, this is getting rather tiresome. I am rather angry at myself that I took the time to watch it.

Same here Zonk. FYI....the Today Show recycles that same tired segment every 6 mos or so...do yourself a favor and DO NOT fall for it next time!

Wait till ALL the networks have something to say, and then it's safe to assume it's legit.

I find it odd that none of the media talks to the man in the street about how they feel about KM as a possible consort to PW...from some of the letters to the editors of the Brit papers it appears that Miss Middleton and her family are pretty controversial. People seem very far from being in agreement about her.

I read an article in one of the British newspapers about Kate wearing a brand new diamond ring that William had supposedly given her. Not on the ring finger though. Has any one else read this article?

:previous: I find it all very elitist and intrusive. If Kate is infertile then the throne should pass from William to Prince Andrew or his eldest daughter. I dread the thought of Kate being subjected to humiliating and invasive tests all for the sake of determining she could produce an heir from William's body.:flowers:

OOps I forgot about Prince Harry.

Actually, that isn't correct. If the unlikely event that William's wife can't produce an heir, Price Harry (or his heirs) is next in the line of succession. Prince Andrew is currently 4th in line, and will only get pushed further down once William and Harry have children.

I find it odd that none of the media talks to the man in the street about how they feel about KM as a possible consort to PW...from some of the letters to the editors of the Brit papers it appears that Miss Middleton and her family are pretty controversial. People seem very far from being in agreement about her.

Don't say that! :eek: We can't have Wills and Kate breaking up due to public pressure and then have an even longer wait till he finds someone else and then we get the big royal weding we all want!:)

Don't say that! :eek: We can't have Wills and Kate breaking up due to public pressure and then have an even longer wait till he finds someone else and then we get the big royal weding we all want!:)

We also definitely don't want him to repeat the mistake his father made and marry the wrong women because of pressure from the public and family to marry and provide the heir.

I would rather he remained unmarried than unhappily married. He simply can't get it wrong after the disaster parents' marriage turned into.

Actually, that isn't correct. If the unlikely event that William's wife can't produce an heir, Price Harry (or his heirs) is next in the line of succession. Prince Andrew is currently 4th in line, and will only get pushed further down once William and Harry have children.

You're right. I think I also said this to an earlier poster who corrected me. Maybe the mods deleted it.

I don't consider gun dogs "cuddly", couldn't he have chosen a labradoodle?

I don't consider gun dogs "cuddly", couldn't he have chosen a labradoodle?

Labs are entirely adorable when they're puppies! My parents have a pair of black labs (4 years old now) that are full of energy and need lots of space to run but they can also be pretty "cuddly" on occasion.

Its wonderful that Kate has just had one of her possible xmas presents ruined by the press. :lol:
Labradors are beautifully cute.
But with Kate apparently "going to new york" is she going to take it. :p

:previous: Yes it's really nice of William to tell the press what he's getting someone for Christmas - not! :lol:
Actually this false story is a rehashed one from last January... just like the many other rehashed ones floating around this time of year. :rolleyes:

:previous:WEll that's too bad because I have a lab and I agree with the poster above, they are quite cuddly and loving.

We also definitely don't want him to repeat the mistake his father made and marry the wrong women because of pressure from the public and family to marry and provide the heir.

I would rather he remained unmarried than unhappily married. He simply can't get it wrong after the disaster parents' marriage turned into.

Exactly! The second they get back from honeymoon the rags will be looking for cracks and chinks in the relationship...I remember it well with Charles and Diana! This same press who seems to be badgering and hounding them to marry will tear them apart if they get it wrong!

LEAVE THEM ALONE. Maybe they will marry and maybe they will not...it's not as if they are middle aged and have to hurry!

Now that Kate knows what she's getting from William maybe she can get an idea on what to get him haha jk

Well, this is a new rumour (to me at least). Has anyone heard of this one.....
-------------------------------

Prince William and Kate Middleton scarcely appear to be in any great hurry to announce their engagement, but when they eventually do they will not need to look far for help planning the marriage ceremony.

Prince William and Kate Middleton now have a wedding planner - Telegraph

Though if the "wedding planner" is the new lady in waiting to the Countess of Wessex, will she have time to help the Palace plan a wedding? Who writes this stuff???

Here's something by Katie Nicholl, but edited by Nathan Kay

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is planning a Christmas warm-up for what Palace insiders are calling a ‘Princess-in-waiting role’ next year.
The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people.
With plans for a Royal wedding already in the early stages, Kate – nicknamed ‘Waity Katie’ due to her long-running romance without, as yet, so much as an engagement ring from the Prince – will prepare for her new role by fronting several charity parties in the run-up to Christmas for her parents’ company, Party Pieces.
‘She plans to raise her profile by doing more charity work and is genuine about her concerns – it is not done for some ulterior motive,’ says a source.
So, the British Royal Family is testing the waters with Kate by having her do charity work and do duties with William? I don't buy it

Last edited:
Though if the "wedding planner" is the new lady in waiting to the Countess of Wessex, will she have time to help the Palace plan a wedding? Who writes this stuff???

Surely that's why they hired this "lady in waiting." She'll use her new access and cover story to plan the wedding in secret. :lol:

(I suppose I shouldn't give them ideas. :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online

So, the British Royal Family is testing the waters with Kate by having her do charity work and do duties with William? I don't buy it

How many businesses identify themselves with a particular charity? I know quite a few that do.

As a result I don't see this as anything to do with Kate potentially becoming HRH Princess William of Wales (assuming that William doesn't get an additional title on marriage and that he marries during the present reign) but just an example of her family seeking to gain some extra business by identifying themselves with a specific charity. I am not having a go at them for doing so mind you as it is good business and isn't something unusual from my experience.

So this wedding planner is an old pal of the CoW. What of the CoW just wanted a person she new and trusted as her LiW? And is it really necessary for the palace to hire an additional wedding planner long before an official engagement, when there is a whole load of staff which are experienced in organizing a whole variety of high profile events? This experienced people would understand the needs of a royal wedding much better than a person which organizes "normal" weddings, imo. To me, this just sounds like another desperate headline of the famished press.

Party Pieces has been involved with Starlight's party programme since early 2008. This is nothing new. But as usual, Katie Nicholl probably has nothing to write about. I doubt Kate would make the family business' involvement public by inviting the press to hospital parties.

These articles are ridiculous, in this aspect i feel ever so sorry for Kate.

Well, this is a new rumour (to me at least). Has anyone heard of this one.....
-------------------------------

Prince William and Kate Middleton scarcely appear to be in any great hurry to announce their engagement, but when they eventually do they will not need to look far for help planning the marriage ceremony.

Prince William and Kate Middleton now have a wedding planner - Telegraph

Not planning a wedding, but have got a wedding planner hmmmm :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom