The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
this is totally off the wall and as its rumors ad musings about Kate and Wills... I'm gong to post an amusing question and look for replies.

There is no ofical engagemnt. but we all kno that Wills and Kate spend time alone together. Close relatioship but not ine pulic eye. They ae aduls and well over the age of consent. Will Kate actually have to be virgin before she marries Wils? I do believe that Dana was a virgin.. and was verified by BP and th powers that be befor she maried Chalres;

My question is this.. sholud the condom break or the pill fail..and Kate does end up pregnant.. what happens?

Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Aristocracy

I think it very much depends on how the British Court with the Queen in charge decide to react. It will be a scandal to say the least.

It happened in Luxembourg with Prince Louis. Louis was third in line but gave up his place in the succession and on the National Day this year his wife and two children was given the title of Prince(ss) of Luxembourg, previously being known as De Nassau

Old 12-08-2009, 04:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
this is totally off the wall and as its rumors ad musings about Kate and Wills... I'm gong to post an amusing question and look for replies.

There is no ofical engagemnt. but we all kno that Wills and Kate spend time alone together. Close relatioship but not ine pulic eye. They ae aduls and well over the age of consent. Will Kate actually have to be virgin before she marries Wils? I do believe that Dana was a virgin.. and was verified by BP and th powers that be befor she maried Chalres;

My question is this.. sholud the condom break or the pill fail..and Kate does end up pregnant.. what happens?

If they were married when the child was born the child would be legitimate and thus in the line of succession.

If they were not married when the child was born the child would have no succession rights.

I suspect that if Kate was pregnant the engagement would be announced the next day and the wedding would be held very quickly with something like a premature birth.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAlicia View Post
PS; I think it's amazing that no friends of friends, or even past highschool aquaintances speak out about the pair.

That tells me that they both have some very very loyal friends who know the consequences of talking is social ostracism. They don't think the 30 pieces of silver is worth the betrayal.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I suspect that if Kate was pregnant the engagement would be announced the next day and the wedding would be held very quickly with something like a premature birth.
Is it really possible the RF would think people would swallow that?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Is it really possible the RF would think people would swallow that?
Interesting question. I think it is highly unlikley that the BRF will try and fudge the matter with a premature baby. IMO it could go two ways: either a discrete abortion, or a hasty wedding and no comment on why the child was born early.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Majesty

It wouldn't necessarily be an announcement but more an accepted point of view.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Muriel, do you really think that there would be a discrete abortion for the futrue futrue King of England's child? I guess anything is possible but why take the chance that someting could go wrong and mess up her body forever... it happens...
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Muriel, do you really think that there would be a discrete abortion for the futrue futrue King of England's child? I guess anything is possible but why take the chance that someting could go wrong and mess up her body forever... it happens...
..... a calculated risk vs a royal bastard? The scandal does not bear thinking!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Aristocracy

IMHO, which is just that my opinion. I think they would marry, announce she was pregnant. Have the baby, "and live happily everafter"!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
IMHO, which is just that my opinion. I think they would marry, announce she was pregnant. Have the baby, "and live happily everafter"!

I would hope so, Or if I were Kate and the shoe fell on the other foot tell him to bugger off .....and show off my bastard Royal baby everywhere, but that is just me.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
..... a calculated risk vs a royal bastard? The scandal does not bear thinking!
True. If I remember right, it was speculated that Marina Ogilvy was advised to have an abortion as she get pregnant without being married. I think this was only said by Marina herself and nobody knows if it is the truth, but for me this let me think that the BRF would probably deal it that way.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

No Kate won't have to be a virgin if and when she marries Prince William.
If they were married, the child would be legitimate, and become the future king/queen (if the succesion rights change) If not then the child would have no succesion rights. I don't think the BRF would hush up the pregnancy, but they would make it known that the child will be illegitimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
True. If I remember right, it was speculated that Marina Ogilvy was advised to have an abortion as she get pregnant without being married. I think this was only said by Marina herself and nobody knows if it is the truth, but for me this let me think that the BRF would probably deal it that way.
Really? I wonder why Marina Oglivy said this, she isn't that close to the top of the tree is she, it shouldn't really matter if she has a child out of wedlock.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Really? I wonder why Marina Oglivy said this, she isn't that close to the top of the tree is she, it shouldn't really matter if she has a child out of wedlock.
Yes, she claimed that her parents had wanted her to have an abortion. I agree with you, that she's so far away from the throne that it shouldn't matter.
I mean it's only speculating, but if it's true, I think it could be problematical with Kate when she was pregnant before the wedding...
Old 12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

I remember at the time Marina Ogilvy said her parents seen her pregnancy as a terrible scandal on a personal family level but also because Princess Alexandra, who has never been in any trouble, thought it reflected badly on her as a mother and as a member of the Royal Family. It all happeneed around 20 years ago when having illegitimate children wasn't just as common as it is now so it was quite a big deal at the time.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
My question is this.. sholud the condom break or the pill fail..and Kate does end up pregnant..
... Or if Kate got pregnant on purpose. Well it wouldn't be the first time a girl had pulled this trick in order to trap a man. You just never know.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Gentry

You know what the royals are like with meticulous planning for big events !!! You just don't come along and decide to mess that up...... Kate is no doubt as we speak locked in a wrought iron chastity belt with a combination lock known only to the Queen. They should release her from it by the time the bridal dress fittings are scheduled !!! Should be safe enough at that stage.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:14 PM

Meanwhile....

Duchess of Cornwall takes Kate Middleton's charity to her heart - Telegraph

Who to believe, Mandrake or Katie Nicholl?

Old 12-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

My honest answer is that they would rush a marriage. Prince Louis showed that the "outrage" really isn't that bad. I think a secret abortion wouldn't be done due to religious considerations.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That tells me that they both have some very very loyal friends who know the consequences of talking is social ostracism. They don't think the 30 pieces of silver is worth the betrayal.

I agree..I'm not at all suprised that their friends haven't tattled to the press.