William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - you are assuming that they are even talking about an engagement rather than it just being tabloid gossip.

A royal wedding can't overshadow an election and you actually gave the very reason why it can't - 'Gordon might welcome the distraction' but that would also mean that the opposition can't get their points across and thus interfere with the election process - something the royals can't be seen to do.

An engagement announcement before the election just isn't on in my opinion and after the election means a winter wedding - which might just suit William as there would be fewer people prepared to wait all night in the cold to get a glimpse of the bride on her way to church when they can stay at home and watch it on the TV in their warm homes, or go to the pub and watch it live (of course it wouldn't be allowed to clash with the football).

The other problem is William's military commitments - he has still to finish his training and isn't this upcoming part where he will be away for quite a bit of it in a harder to access part of the country and with fewer weekends free so less time for him to be involved with preparations and able to protect Kate and introduce her around so she would be left to fend for herself - like Sarah in many ways. I really don't see him marrying until after he has finished in the military and had a year or so doing royal duties on his own before introducing the distraction from the main person in the form of his wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok no Christmas engagement :whistling:and the stories about it being family only for the royal xmas and Kate being so sad and snubing the Queen have sufaruced,:ermm: next is the January 9th engagement frenzi hold on to your hats...lol I fear we still have a long ride before an engagmengt is announced ...:bang:

Ok no Christmas engagement :whistling:and the stories about it being family only for the royal xmas and Kate being so sad and snubing the Queen have sufaruced,:ermm: next is the January 9th engagement frenzi hold on to your hats...lol I fear we still have a long ride before an engagmengt is announced ...:bang:

The longer this goes the more I am suspicious that William won't marry Kate.

The longer this goes the more I am suspicious that William won't marry Kate.

I would hope that after all this time that he would marry her, but stranger things have happened. I hate to supculate either way. At this point nothing would shock me but them standing on the lawn with a ring on her finger ...lol:ohmy:

Why did you post a link to this story when you posted a link to a similar story 4 days ago?

I should be concerned about it if it was exactly the same. ;) Well, all the articles are quite similar and we are still groping in the dark. That's nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom