The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
Don't say that! We can't have Wills and Kate breaking up due to public pressure and then have an even longer wait till he finds someone else and then we get the big royal weding we all want!
We also definitely don't want him to repeat the mistake his father made and marry the wrong women because of pressure from the public and family to marry and provide the heir.

I would rather he remained unmarried than unhappily married. He simply can't get it wrong after the disaster parents' marriage turned into.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Actually, that isn't correct. If the unlikely event that William's wife can't produce an heir, Price Harry (or his heirs) is next in the line of succession. Prince Andrew is currently 4th in line, and will only get pushed further down once William and Harry have children.
You're right. I think I also said this to an earlier poster who corrected me. Maybe the mods deleted it.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

PRINCE WILLIAM TO BUY KATE MIDDLETON PUPPY FOR CHRISTMAS

Quote:
KATE Middleton will have something warm to cuddle up to while Wills is away on flying duties next year – her own gundog.

Prince William has asked gamekeepers at Sandringham to find a chocolate labrador from the royal estate’s bloodline as a Christmas present for Kate Middleton.
Read more: Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William to buy Kate Middleton puppy for Christmas

Cute, huh?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Nobility

I don't consider gun dogs "cuddly", couldn't he have chosen a labradoodle?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Or a little Corgie maybe?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I don't consider gun dogs "cuddly", couldn't he have chosen a labradoodle?
Labs are entirely adorable when they're puppies! My parents have a pair of black labs (4 years old now) that are full of energy and need lots of space to run but they can also be pretty "cuddly" on occasion.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Its wonderful that Kate has just had one of her possible xmas presents ruined by the press.
Labradors are beautifully cute.
But with Kate apparently "going to new york" is she going to take it.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes it's really nice of William to tell the press what he's getting someone for Christmas - not!
Actually this false story is a rehashed one from last January... just like the many other rehashed ones floating around this time of year.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

WEll that's too bad because I have a lab and I agree with the poster above, they are quite cuddly and loving.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
We also definitely don't want him to repeat the mistake his father made and marry the wrong women because of pressure from the public and family to marry and provide the heir.

I would rather he remained unmarried than unhappily married. He simply can't get it wrong after the disaster parents' marriage turned into.
Exactly! The second they get back from honeymoon the rags will be looking for cracks and chinks in the relationship...I remember it well with Charles and Diana! This same press who seems to be badgering and hounding them to marry will tear them apart if they get it wrong!

LEAVE THEM ALONE. Maybe they will marry and maybe they will not...it's not as if they are middle aged and have to hurry!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Now that Kate knows what she's getting from William maybe she can get an idea on what to get him haha jk
Old 12-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Well, this is a new rumour (to me at least). Has anyone heard of this one.....
-------------------------------

Prince William and Kate Middleton scarcely appear to be in any great hurry to announce their engagement, but when they eventually do they will not need to look far for help planning the marriage ceremony.

Prince William and Kate Middleton now have a wedding planner - Telegraph

Though if the "wedding planner" is the new lady in waiting to the Countess of Wessex, will she have time to help the Palace plan a wedding? Who writes this stuff???

Old 12-05-2009, 10:45 PM

Here's something by Katie Nicholl, but edited by Nathan Kay

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online

Quote:
Kate Middleton is planning a Christmas warm-up for what Palace insiders are calling a ‘Princess-in-waiting role’ next year.
The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people.
With plans for a Royal wedding already in the early stages, Kate – nicknamed ‘Waity Katie’ due to her long-running romance without, as yet, so much as an engagement ring from the Prince – will prepare for her new role by fronting several charity parties in the run-up to Christmas for her parents’ company, Party Pieces.
‘She plans to raise her profile by doing more charity work and is genuine about her concerns – it is not done for some ulterior motive,’ says a source.
So, the British Royal Family is testing the waters with Kate by having her do charity work and do duties with William? I don't buy it

Old 12-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Though if the "wedding planner" is the new lady in waiting to the Countess of Wessex, will she have time to help the Palace plan a wedding? Who writes this stuff???
Surely that's why they hired this "lady in waiting." She'll use her new access and cover story to plan the wedding in secret.

(I suppose I shouldn't give them ideas. )
Old 12-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online

So, the British Royal Family is testing the waters with Kate by having her do charity work and do duties with William? I don't buy it

How many businesses identify themselves with a particular charity? I know quite a few that do.

As a result I don't see this as anything to do with Kate potentially becoming HRH Princess William of Wales (assuming that William doesn't get an additional title on marriage and that he marries during the present reign) but just an example of her family seeking to gain some extra business by identifying themselves with a specific charity. I am not having a go at them for doing so mind you as it is good business and isn't something unusual from my experience.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Aristocracy

If they were hiring a wedding planner...appointing her lady-in-waiting to the Countess isn't a bad idea. Still...never any sense in getting excited about these things until something is announced. I'm much more looking forward to her birthday, as that could be the 'big' day.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

So this wedding planner is an old pal of the CoW. What of the CoW just wanted a person she new and trusted as her LiW? And is it really necessary for the palace to hire an additional wedding planner long before an official engagement, when there is a whole load of staff which are experienced in organizing a whole variety of high profile events? This experienced people would understand the needs of a royal wedding much better than a person which organizes "normal" weddings, imo. To me, this just sounds like another desperate headline of the famished press.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Charity work just like Diana . Gosh whatever did the Royals do before Diana came along and invented charity work.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Party Pieces has been involved with Starlight's party programme since early 2008. This is nothing new. But as usual, Katie Nicholl probably has nothing to write about. I doubt Kate would make the family business' involvement public by inviting the press to hospital parties.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

These articles are ridiculous, in this aspect i feel ever so sorry for Kate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Well, this is a new rumour (to me at least). Has anyone heard of this one.....
-------------------------------

Prince William and Kate Middleton scarcely appear to be in any great hurry to announce their engagement, but when they eventually do they will not need to look far for help planning the marriage ceremony.

Prince William and Kate Middleton now have a wedding planner - Telegraph

Not planning a wedding, but have got a wedding planner hmmmm