The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Majesty

I think that the Queen wants William as a full time royal within the next three to four years so he is well and truly established when he becomes the heir. After all she and Philip are slowing down and someone needs to step up.

There might be many tourists but they only have so much to spend so there would be less spent on kitsch for either the Olympics, the Jubilee or the Wedding whereas if the wedding was a year or so later they could afford to buy more.

The clean up being done more than once isn't a bad thing and provides work for British people which can only be good for the economy whereas if they only have to do it once then the work ends and...the economy only gets one kick in the pants instead of two.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Garnett View Post
Isn't the general election in Summer 2010. That would leave a Christmas 2010 announcement perfect... or even January 2011 with a summer wedding. Its usual for royal engagements to be quite brief.
The election must take place before June 3rd, 2010, the date people seem to be suggesting is the 6th of May. That leaves time for a wedding.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The election must take place before June 3rd, 2010, the date people seem to be suggesting is the 6th of May. That leaves time for a wedding.

Ohhh yes....how about general election May 6th as suggested.... give it a few weeks for the fuss to all die down about that... announcement by end of June... December wedding !!! But then, the weather could be dreadful...and you can't have the good general public made to stand out for hours in the freezing cold on the wedding people have been waiting for, for what feels like 100 years already. Back to plan A..... Announcement January 2011, wedding around July !
Old 11-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Garnett View Post
Ohhh yes....how about general election May 6th as suggested.... give it a few weeks for the fuss to all die down about that... announcement by end of June... December wedding !!! But then, the weather could be dreadful...and you can't have the good general public made to stand out for hours in the freezing cold on the wedding people have been waiting for, for what feels like 100 years already. Back to plan A..... Announcement January 2011, wedding around July !
How about election May 6th, announcement May 10th, Wedding September 2010. Weather not roasting hot, plenty of time to send out the invites to non royals, everyone else put on alert before the election with the guarantee that other royals and nobility will not spill the beans!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Courtier

Now that we have everything planned so neatly, we just have to inform William and Kate.

If seriously, if an engagement is not announced by the end of this year (with a wedding in 2010), then I think the most realistic date would be 2013.

2012 is really, really crowded as it is, and I just don't see 3 such important events (Olympics, Diamond Jubilee and a senior Royal's wedding) in one year. 2011 is technically possible, however that will be the year of Prince Philip's 90th birthday; somehow, I think Her Majesty would prefer the year be mainly focused on the Duke of Edinburgh. So, either 2010 or 2013... For the sake of Royal Watchers, I do hope it is 2010 – all the ‘will they, won’t they’ is very tiresome.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree, I think 2012 is out for the reasons you state but Philip and HM are not getting any younger and I would imagine William would be anxious to have them both there, and in reasonable health.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
2011 is technically possible, however that will be the year of Prince Philip's 90th birthday; somehow, I think Her Majesty would prefer the year be mainly focused on the Duke of Edinburgh.
Something tells me that Prince Philip won't want a big huge fuss that year, 90th birthday or not. Doesn't seem in character for him. I could see a service of thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey (like they've done for the major wedding anniversaries), maybe a postage stamp and portrait or two, but nothing gigantic. I think a royal wedding could easily coincide with such birthday celebrations.

I think that if William and Kate are going to marry (and I still think that's in the stars for them), that they already will have wed by the Jubilee in 2012. I'm thinking it's either 2010/2011, not after.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 11-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Gentry

I agree with this assessment. It just has to be either next year or 2011. Any later and dear God.... he will be walking up the aisle like Kojac and she will be slapping on the HRT patches and carrying a hand held fan instead of a bouquet on the big day !!. Its not an attractive prospect.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Aristocracy

Really Miss Garnett you are naughty.... but I love the way you have with words....I nearly choked on my coffee!
I too like Ella Kay's musings! They sound quite rational to me!

'I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.'
Old 11-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Miss G and Connie C make for a rather interesting couple of new posters to these threads.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, Warren, and a bit of humour makes this a friendlier place to be.

Something Miss Garnett raised a few posts ago got me thinking. If William and Kate have definitely decided they are going to get married, I think that HM and Prince Philip's ages will be a factor in fixing a wedding date as I am sure William would like them both to be at his wedding, and not just to be there but to be well enough to enjoy it.

I'd be prepared to place a small wager on a 2011 wedding, and I picked the winner of this year's Melbourne Cup so I'm feeling rather confident.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm thinking the autumn of 2010 or else 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

I'd be prepared to place a small wager on a 2011 wedding, and I picked the winner of this year's Melbourne Cup so I'm feeling rather confident.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Courtier

I'd hope for 2010. I can't stand all this waiting!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:56 AM
Courtier

I'm hoping for a 2010 or 2011 wedding and by 2012 a grandchild for Charles and a great-grandchild for the Queen. That way they will still be able to hold the new grandbaby on the knees before the knees also give in.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
I'm hoping for a 2010 or 2011 wedding and by 2012 a grandchild for Charles and a great-grandchild for the Queen. That way they will still be able to hold the new grandbaby on the knees before the knees also give in.
LOL at the knees comment. But wouldn't it be a riot if it happened at that speed?! Ironically, William and Kate seem to be taking their sweet time that it seems almost unthinkable. It would have been more imaginable during Diana's time...
Old 11-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Do you think you might be able to write to them and let them know?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree, Warren, and a bit of humour makes this a friendlier place to be.

Something Miss Garnett raised a few posts ago got me thinking. If William and Kate have definitely decided they are going to get married, I think that HM and Prince Philip's ages will be a factor in fixing a wedding date as I am sure William would like them both to be at his wedding, and not just to be there but to be well enough to enjoy it.

People have been speculating about William and Kate's wedding for so long that someone is bound to get it right. Maybe you'll be the lucky one! I was a bit surprised to hear that some of my friends were convinced William and Kate were already engaged. But maybe that is not surprising when you look at all the rumors about their upcoming marriage/engagement.

I doubt William will marry before he turns 30, so my feeling is that 2010 is definitely out, and 2011 probably as well. At the very earliest, I see William marrying in maybe the late summer of 2011; but the more I think about it, the more I can actually see a wedding happening in the early part of 2012. What better way to draw publicity to Britain on an Olympic year (and what better way to celebrate the 60th year of the Queen's reign with the wedding of the future king?)

If I had to place bets, it would be on the spring of 2012. One thing that's going to make me glad when William marries is the end to these weekly or monthly rumours about his engagement. Of course, as soon as the honeymoon ends there'll be the rumours of trouble in the marriage...
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Of course, as soon as the honeymoon ends there'll be the rumours of trouble in the marriage...
rmay286, you have missed out the pregnancy rumours.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=rmay286;1019793] I was a bit surprised to hear that some of my friends were convinced William and Kate were already engaged. But maybe that is not surprising when you look at all the rumors about their upcoming marriage/engagement.

I have said for about two years now that they are already engaged or with some kind of agreement. I know when my husband and I got married we had known for about two year that we would marry by a certin date and just never told anyone till about 8 months before.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I have said for about two years now that they are already engaged or with some kind of agreement. I know when my husband and I got married we had known for about two year that we would marry by a certin date and just never told anyone till about 8 months before.
I don't think they are already engaged, certainly not for two years. I see no sense in William being engaged for two years and not getting married.
William getting engaged would be announced as soon as it happens.
After seeing the ups and downs of the relationship, I can imagine an agreement existing before 2007, but not now.