The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic.

This thread is about William and Kate. News, comments, rumours, etc regarding their relationship are welcome for dicussion.

Posts regarding ancestry, William's readiness for the throne, etc. are off topic and will be deleted.

If any has any additoinal quesitons, please do not hestiate to contact any of the British moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I do agree that Kate could be a wonderful princess, never as great as Mary or Letizia but good enough.

As many have said William and Kate love each other, they fit together, that is what happens. Because as we know our opinions don't really matter.
Mary and Letizia are great? They are well liked in their own countries but great, no I don't think so. They may be great Queen consorts in future years as might Kate, only time will see what history has to say about them when they are gone.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Mary and Letizia are great? They are well liked in their own countries but great, no I don't think so. They may be great Queen consorts in future years as might Kate, only time will see what history has to say about them when they are gone.
I stand corrected. But i still do not think that Kate will ever be anyway near Mary, Letizia, Maxima or Mathilde and especially not Victoria.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator

I think it remains to be seen if Kate will be a great Princess or Queen.

She does appear to have the quality of discretion what is certainly a good asset. And if she has the support and love of William, and since he has some knowledge of what the position requires...there is some hope for her.

It should also be noted Mary and Letizia appear to be great assets for their country. But they had their ups and downs (still do according to some) when they first started dating and then marrying their husbands.

But let's not start comparing princesses.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Commoner

I have recently heard many differing opinions as to the relationship of the Prince and Kate. I think that if they have been together this long it must show some kind of love for each other, but has the Prince or any other royal ever commented on Kate and her relationship with Prince William?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Courtier

There has been only 1 comment on Prince William’s personal life, and that was years ago (Clarence House denied he was in relationship with Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe).
Prince William did admit having a ‘girlfriend’ in a recent interview, but without naming the lady in question (although it is pretty obvious he was talking about Kate).
Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Commoner

I wish that just this once he wouldn't be so secretive about his private life or Kate for that matter.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I don't know that they're "secretive" -- I think if they were more open with the press and the public, they'd be hounded even more. I don't know that I'd say they're trying to hide their relationship, really.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 10-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Commoner

Oh of course not, but I like so many other people would love just a little more insight into their relationship. However, that probably involve to much invasion of privacy and I am ever the advocate for privacy. I think being too open about a relationship cause issues between partners. I guess I'm just selfish.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Courtier

I think if they (William and Harry) opt to be more open about their private lives, they will have to face being exposed all the time.
That's more or less what Harry said during his 2005 birthday interview (commenting on a question about Chelsy): "I would love to tell everyone how amazing she is but once I start talking about that, I have left myself open".

And then you have to take into consideration different personality types: Kate and William may simply be not comfortable showing their emotions in public, maybe they are just not the demonstrative kind.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaSophia View Post
Oh of course not, but I like so many other people would love just a little more insight into their relationship. However, that probably involve to much invasion of privacy and I am ever the advocate for privacy. I think being too open about a relationship cause issues between partners. I guess I'm just selfish.
Same here!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Majesty

William has been wary about the press since his early teens. I remember it being a concern while his mother was still alive. He'd turn his face away from the cameras and sometimes put his hand up. I think that he's simply a more reserved character in general that Harry is, and his relationship with Kate would follow that pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
And then you have to take into consideration different personality types: Kate and William may simply be not comfortable showing their emotions in public, maybe they are just not the demonstrative kind.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
William has been wary about the press since his early teens. I remember it being a concern while his mother was still alive. He'd turn his face away from the cameras and sometimes put his hand up. I think that he's simply a more reserved character in general that Harry is, and his relationship with Kate would follow that pattern.
I also think that William has a negative perception of the press based on his parents marriage and the role of the press in her death (rightly or wrongly my assumption).

He is never going to share his feelings with the press about ANYTHING IMO. And certainly not his relationship with Kate or anyone close to him.

And honestly because of Wiliam's position and his future role....his current relationship (or any relationship/marriage) is really the only thing that William can keep private. Obviously the British pubilc has a vested interest in who he marries, but he will keep a majority of his opinions and feelings to himself.

Fun Fact 101: I was going thru my magazines to figure out what I would be recycling. I have a bad habit (and a large collection of old magazines - two tubs of Hello/Royalty/Majesty magazine). So ANYWAY...why did I come across the Hello edition of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruises wedding...and they were talking about the wedding of Kate and William. The issue was 2006, and they swore it would happen in 2007. Its now 2009 and we are still no closer!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarcastically speaking, is it possible for the press to hound Kate anymore than they relentlessly do now?! Weather or not William "opens up" about it, she will be hunted as news paparazzi prey unitl he marries another woman, which at this point in time is highly unlikely IMO.......
Old 10-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Majesty

At least not that we're aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Its now 2009 and we are still no closer!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

What are you trying to say, Mermaid? Do you know something that we do not..... :)
Old 10-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
And honestly because of Wiliam's position and his future role....his current relationship (or any relationship/marriage) is really the only thing that William can keep private. Obviously the British pubilc has a vested interest in who he marries, but he will keep a majority of his opinions and feelings to himself.
Honestly, I think this is partly why they're taking their dear sweet time before possibly getting married. While Kate's a private citizen, she's off limits and they can keep up a measure of privacy. The second they announce an engagement and she becomes the future queen, all bets are off, she becomes public property in a way, and their privacy is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much over with.

HM The Queen
Old 10-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Not at all. I was suggesting that just because we don't think that there's any movement, doesn't mean that there aren't things happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
What are you trying to say, Mermaid? Do you know something that we do not..... :)
Old 10-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Commoner

It feels weird to call SOMEONE public property as if when they become royals their desires and personal being become open to everyone. It's almost like saying everyone is entitled to some piece of them despite the fact that they too are human beings.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I would agree, AnnaSophia, but I do think that is how the press in Britain treats the royal family.

HM The Queen
Closed Thread