The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
The Swedish press is copying this story from 2 weeks ago from the British yellow press. It's all a bunch of rubbish.
Uups! Thanks for clarifying this. So maybe the British press was inspired by the case of the Swedish princesses. I agree that it is a bunch of rubbish.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE William will keep his sweetheart Kate Middleton waiting for a wedding until June 2012 - when he turns 30.
Royal-watchers had expected the couple, who have been dating on and off for eight years, to tie the knot next summer.

People.co.uk - PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON DATE

PRINCE Harry smuggled old flame Chelsy Davy back to his place after a night on the town last weekend, we can reveal.

Then he sent a flunky to hire DVDs from his local Blockbusters store, so the pair could curl up in front of the telly together.

DIRTY HARRY | Prince sneaks Chelsy Davy back home | News Of The World

Chelsy Davy is planning a secret trip to see Prince Harry at RAF Shawbury after the pair stepped out in public for the first time since rekindling their relationship.

According to one of Chelsy's friends, the pretty Zimbabwean cooked Harry a special meal for his 25th birthday last week.

Read more: Chelsy's special trip to spend time with Harry | Mail Online

Old 09-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't really believe that 2012 would be on the radar.

There is no way that anything would be allowed to overshadow the Diamond Jubilee celebrations so that rules out any engagement before the middle to end of June as engaged or married a new Princess William would be the focus of everyone regardless of what was being celebrated - simply because she would be new.

However the Olympics are due a couple of weeks later, in late July and I don't really see the British government forking out for the security needed for a royal wedding of the size of William's on top of the expenses of the Olympics - unless they are to marry at the Opening or Closing Ceremony.

I see an engagement being annouced late 2012 or early 2013 for a summer wedding in 2013, personally (which I have been saying for a couple of years since it was annouced that William intended on training with the SAR).
Old 09-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Nobility

After what happened to his mother I doubt they'll marry and produce an heir until they're well in their 30s.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Nobility

2012. 2013?

I could say: poor Kate but I don't. If I were her, I would be confused becouse of waiting so long and I personally would have nothing against charity works and royal duties and responsibilies. But it's Kate. I have impression that she doesn't so desperate to be new princess as many people think. I think she's nice, normal and very average person who wants to lead normal, average life.

Probably she will be very happy if she could go to work like a gallery or works for family company, has nice husband who is, I don't know, businessman, aristocracy (but like Freddie, not very important member of family, 26th to the throne or something like that) or sportsman. She could shopping, partying every weekend with friends and lead a normal life without paparazzi waiting on her on every corner of the street. But unfortunately she doesn't. Her boyfriend is a future king. And that's not so good. Of course, she could have child and husband but in her situation that's mean big changes in life so she doesn't wait for it so desperately and she's lucky that she could spend next three years in peace. We'll never know.

I suppose that Kate will be very like Mary of Danemark when she'll marry William. I saw Kate's photos from university. She was very amusing and cheerful person. As she getting older she became more and more serious. Maybe that's not so bad but I would prefer the first version. I had the same feelings about Mary. Personally I love princess Maxima who is a very kind, cheerful, energetic a vivid person, even as throne princess and future (maybe even not so long) queen.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

I do agree that Kate seems quite reserved and conservative to me. For a while I have seen her as pretty conservative and maybe afraid of taking risks because of the way she dresses (a lot of black and grey). After watching that paparazzi video, where we got to hear her voice (and nice English accent!) I also think Kate is quite reserved. Yes, anyone would be uncomfortable with paparazzi taking photos of them, but somehow she came across as an anxious sort of person to me. I guess that could also explain why Kate hasn't branched out much in terms of a career.

I don't know whether being cautious and reserved is a good or a bad trait for a future queen. Probably good because it means she will respect tradition, maybe not so good if it means she tends to get anxious easily in new situations.

And I agree, I don't think she's desperate to be the next queen. I think Kate's personality is the opposite of attention-seeking, although you never know. Diana, who later made an art of courting the media, was initially labelled "Shy Di."
Old 09-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
PRINCE William will keep his sweetheart Kate Middleton waiting for a wedding until June 2012 - when he turns 30.

People.co.uk - PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON DATE

More rubbish. Not even worth responding to. :rollseyes:
Old 09-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Seems someone wants a little press for his band, huh?

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Nobility

Kate's dress is 10/10 as usual .
Old 09-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton gets a WAG watch:

Kate Middleton gets a WAG watch | Prince William girl's flash watch | News Of The World
Old 09-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
What else will they say to attract attention?I'm sure that's an ordinary watch,not cheap but definitely not too expensive
Old 09-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Royalty Magazine - Sept
Welcome to the world's favourite Royal magazine online
What's in the latest issue

Majesty Magazine - Aug Issue (Sept issue due out any day)
Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine
Royalty Magazine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and the last issue of Royalty was and when does it get posted please
Old 10-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? She was not raised by a royal household. She has NO experience dealing with British politics/media. She has NO noble blood or connection to royalty. Yes, I am old fashion, but I would rather see William with someone who has SOME amount of status. It's embarrassing that I had to see my cousin and her husband go through an abdication because she had been divorced twice and had her own scandals, but at least she had already been married to men of high status. I would really like to know what Diana would say about all this.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Meg View Post
I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? She was not raised by a royal household. She has NO experience dealing with British politics/media. She has NO noble blood or connection to royalty. Yes, I am old fashion, but I would rather see William with someone who has SOME amount of status. It's embarrassing that I had to see my cousin and her husband go through an abdication because she had been divorced twice and had her own scandals, but at least she had already been married to men of high status. I would really like to know what Diana would say about all this.

Diana would say - does she make you happy, does she love you, do you love her? and if he answered yes to those questions she would say 'go for it'.

Fortunately the BRF, and the other royal families are now allowing their princes and princesses to marry for love rather than the blood lines of the spouse - we all know how disastrous the last marriage for bloodlines turned out - Charles and Diana simply were wrong for each other and he should have been allowed to marry for love not blood.

As for Edward and Wallis - good riddance to bad rubbish - I am glad she came along and gave the British government a great reason to get rid of a completely unsatisfactory person.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? She was not raised by a royal household. She has NO experience dealing with British politics/media.
When did the last time somebody raised in a royal household marry a British royal? It wasn't Diana (though the Spencers had, for generations, hung around the royals), nor was it the QM (wealthy and aristocratic,but hardly royal).The only one who had a royal title but a broken home and a peripatetic existence was Philip. What experience did 20 year old Diana have? None, other than what she learnt after she married Charles!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? .
Welcome to the forums. No I don't believe anyone is 'kidding' you. I think she will make a wonderful wife for William, (who is not the Prince of Wales and may never be), but it will be many, many years before she has to take on the onerous duties of being wife to the King.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Welcome to the forums. No I don't believe anyone is 'kidding' you. I think she will make a wonderful wife for William, (who is not the Prince of Wales and may never be), but it will be many, many years before she has to take on the onerous duties of being wife to the King.

We hope that it will be many many years (although there are many who hope that he will succeed his grandmother of course).

Personally I hope that it is a good 30 to 40 years before he becomes King (and I won't be here to see it).
Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? She was not raised by a royal household. She has NO experience dealing with British politics/media. She has NO noble blood or connection to royalty. Yes, I am old fashion, but I would rather see William with someone who has SOME amount of status.
I'm sorry but only one Crown Princess atm has any noble blood and all the others are wonderful at what they do.
If William choose Kate, he chooses Kate. If he's happy he's happy.

I agree that Wallis was good in the sense of getting Edward to abdicate.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Being middle class myself I have to say that sounded rather snobbish. If he ends up with someone like that fine, but in this day and age it's not a requirement.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think Diana would love the idea of both her sons marrying the women they love with or without status. The Crown Princesses Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Letizia, Masako; Queens Rania, Silvia, Sonja, Noor and Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa were not raised in a royal household and they are doing just fine with their role. If these women can do it then so can Kate. The last thing the BRF wants is another marriage disaster especially William's. It isn't hard for Kate to educate herself in politics, I'm confident that she's smart and understands the political matters of the commonwealth that she could possibly be the queen of.

Closed Thread