The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1661  
Old 09-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 953
True, Mermaid. We know that William and Kate were in Scotland for the bank holiday, at the Duke of Northumberland's estate. We don't know whether or not they also stopped over at Balmoral -- and we may not know until later or ever!
__________________

__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
  #1662  
Old 09-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 34
I think the fact that thousands of gallons of ink are used by the press to speculate on the engagement and hudnreds of comments are made on forums like this highlights just how unordinary this couple is. It's all well and good to say that if they really wanted to get married then they will regardless of anything else going on in Britain. The fact is that if and when William gets married, it's not going to be a typical wedding. The whole thing is a massive event, and what else is going on in Britain must be taken into consideration even when coming up with a year for a wedding, never mind the actual day!!
I wouldn't be surprised by a late winter/early spring wedding. Security is now such a big issue that to keep the crowds down, I think a summer wedding becomes too much of a security nightmare.
__________________

  #1663  
Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 AM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,088
Svensdamtidning has reporting that Zara have to wait to marry Mike Tindall until William and Kate are married.

Google Translate
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #1664  
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Svensdamtidning has reporting that Zara have to wait to marry Mike Tindall until William and Kate are married.

Google Translate
I would be surprised if Zara's wedding would be held up becauseof William's, as long as it is not too close to the event. I think William will be engaged for a relatively short time, but I am sure BP will manage arrangements so that the weddings are not within a few weeks of one another.
  #1665  
Old 09-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,331
The only thing that is preventing Zara and Mike from getting married is their own desire and work schedules (as well as the shedules of the senior royals). While Zara is a member of the Royal Family, her wedding is most likely going to be low key like Peter Phillips...so its not like she is waiting for William.
__________________
.

  #1666  
Old 09-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Svensdamtidning has reporting that Zara have to wait to marry Mike Tindall until William and Kate are married.

Google Translate
Very well said Zonk. Mike and Zara have been talking for a while about getting married, I am getting bored with it actually. I just hope either William and Kate or Mike and Zara get married in the next year.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1667  
Old 09-16-2009, 04:18 PM
grace marie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 252
I hope that's not true. Why Mike and Zara should wait on Will and Kate. Maybe lucky for Kate, but awful pression on Will. Autumn and Peter don't wait like Frederick Windsor.
  #1668  
Old 09-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
I hope that's not true. Why Mike and Zara should wait on Will and Kate. Maybe lucky for Kate, but awful pression on Will. Autumn and Peter don't wait like Frederick Windsor.

It comes down to protocol.

If the reports that both Zara and William are planning to marry soon then William's announcement has to take precedence as he is the 2nd in line.

The BRF don't like having two such high profile members of the family - both being grandchildren of the Queen being engaged at the same time. It is there way.

I actually suspect that neither are planning a wedding for the next year of so - Zara until after the Olympics as she hopes to compete and William until after he has finished his SAR training if not service and that these reports are all press fodder but... I do understand why, if both are thinking that way, and actually discussing it then William's wedding will get priority over Zara's.

Peter and Frederick didn't have to wait because William wasn't planning a marriage. Everytime another highish member of the BRF announces their wedding we can be fairly sure that that means that William won't be announing his until after that wedding.

Besides Harry and Zara, William is the only other single royal I can think of of marriage age, not married. I class royals for this discussion as the descendents of George V, except for the Lascelles. I am not classing either Beatrice or Eugenie as being of marriagable age yet, although in past generations they would most definitely be so.
  #1669  
Old 09-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
I assume Lady Gabriella would count in this list as well as Harry and Zara. She's a very junior member of the family, but because of the higher profile of her parents than, for example, the Gloucesters, I doubt they'd schedule William's wedding to clash in any way with hers.
  #1670  
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I assume Lady Gabriella would count in this list as well as Harry and Zara. She's a very junior member of the family, but because of the higher profile of her parents than, for example, the Gloucesters, I doubt they'd schedule William's wedding to clash in any way with hers.

Exactly and I had forgotten about her.
  #1671  
Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
grace marie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 252
I know about protocol but... Zara isn't even princess Zara but Zara Philips and that should be a little difference. And ok, I see a problem if Will and Zara want to marry in next year. In this situation Zara should wait (however only British monarchy has such stupid protocol: princess Victoria and Madelaine have weddings the same summer and all people are happy) but if Will and Kate want to marry in 2011 I don't understand why Zara and Mike wouldn't announce engagement in January 2010 and marry in summer 2010. Will and Kate announce engagement in January 2011 and marry in summer 2011. I would have fun if Zara was pregnant and she couldn't wait. She won't be Queen anyway, so she wouldn't care about losing chance.
  #1672  
Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,062
I thought of that too--both Swedish princesses recently announced their engagements. Is it really "protocol" that two grandchildren of the British queen can't marry in the same year? I'm sure that back in the days of Queen Victoria, there must have been a couple of royal weddings in the same year at least once or twice.

But I don't expect William to marry any time soon, actually.
  #1673  
Old 09-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,420
I wonder if the newspaper was looking for a good headline and got inspired by the fact that Madeleine obviously has to wait till Victoria is married. Especially since it was a Swedish paper that came up with this.
There might be no real basis to this new rumour. After all, Zara is just Williams cousin, not even his sister and Zara's wedding would be much smaller and more private anyway. I can see that there should be a couple of months between the weddings, but a wedding in spring and the next in autumn shouldn't be a problem even to the queen.
  #1674  
Old 09-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: chandler, United States
Posts: 163
Because Zara and Williams are her grandchildren. Would she attending both wedding?
I just wonder.
  #1675  
Old 09-17-2009, 05:14 PM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlan View Post
Because Zara and Williams are her grandchildren. Would she attending both wedding?
I just wonder.
I definitly hope so! whoever heard of a grandmother not attending a wedding of a grandchild living in the same country!
  #1676  
Old 09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Sereta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The, United States
Posts: 2,012
Of course, the Queen attends all of her grandchildren's weddings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I wonder if the newspaper was looking for a good headline and got inspired by the fact that Madeleine obviously has to wait till Victoria is married. Especially since it was a Swedish paper that came up with this.
There might be no real basis to this new rumour. After all, Zara is just Williams cousin, not even his sister and Zara's wedding would be much smaller and more private anyway. I can see that there should be a couple of months between the weddings, but a wedding in spring and the next in autumn shouldn't be a problem even to the queen.
The Swedish press is copying this story from 2 weeks ago from the British yellow press. It's all a bunch of rubbish.
  #1677  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Of course, the Queen attends all of her grandchildren's weddings.

As only one grandchild has married at this point we really don't know if she will attend all the weddings that might take place in her reign.

If, for instance, one of the grandchildren married without her permission I would expect her not to attend as that would be a contradiction - to not give permission and then attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
I know about protocol but... Zara isn't even princess Zara but Zara Philips and that should be a little difference. And ok, I see a problem if Will and Zara want to marry in next year. In this situation Zara should wait (however only British monarchy has such stupid protocol: princess Victoria and Madelaine have weddings the same summer and all people are happy) but if Will and Kate want to marry in 2011 I don't understand why Zara and Mike wouldn't announce engagement in January 2010 and marry in summer 2010. Will and Kate announce engagement in January 2011 and marry in summer 2011. I would have fun if Zara was pregnant and she couldn't wait. She won't be Queen anyway, so she wouldn't care about losing chance.

That may very well be what the idea is but Zara and Mike are waiting for William to decide if he wants to marry in 2010 or 2011.

If William says next year for Kate and I then Zara and Mike can plan for the following year or it could be the other way round or....

this could be all press speculation with neither couple planning to marry in the next five years or ...
  #1678  
Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Sereta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The, United States
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As only one grandchild has married at this point we really don't know if she will attend all the weddings that might take place in her reign.
I meant to say I'm sure she will attend her grandchildren's weddings.
At any rate it's all speculations at this point.
  #1679  
Old 09-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Lighthouse's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Some people say they are already engagaed and have been for some time. I think that at this point there must be some kind of understanding? or does any one think I am mistaking.. I love to here all of your veiw points..my opinon is just that mine..
Lady Ann, you could be right about this. I suspect they want to postpone the media frenzy that was Princess Diana's life after she married Prince William's father. Maybe they'll marry when they decide it's time to have children.
  #1680  
Old 09-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 953
That's my suspicion, Lighthouse. Really, when you think about it, there's no need for them to marry right now as long as it's just the two of them. They've got a pretty good deal as long as Kate's a private citizen, because they are able to spend time together out of the public eye. That's not going to be so easy if they marry. I have a feeling that when they're ready to have a child, they will marry, and that an heir will be born as quickly as Prince William was.
__________________

__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings MichelleVA Prince Harry and Prince William 1042 01-06-2011 12:14 AM
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008 Duchess Prince Harry and Prince William 2208 05-11-2009 06:22 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll feminism grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince leka princess beatrice fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in the un queen silvia royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats time travel women deliver conference


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises