The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
There's nothing fundamentally wrong with either interpretation, and we're all going to have different ones until they finally reveal what the outcome of this relationship is going to be.
Guys, if Kate's parents are invited to spend time with the holidaying couple and Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall this is more serious than a girlfriend.

Prince William has always been camera shy and his relationship is off limits to the press. But to me this action of Kate and her parents being entertained by Prince Charles and his wife speak volumes on how far this relationship has gone. I feel Prince William loves Kate and Kate him. I believe a wedding will come in the next three year.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Nobility

They are still young. I wish them no hurry into something that is decided to last. Friendships are always revealing along the line of time. The knowing of your peers and betters create an environment of love, where those involved intermingle mix and share an understanding of life. Sometimes we have friendships that are rewarding in many ways and sometimes that is when love arrives. Of course love can be attained at first sight but it is the continued bond and relationship that keeps it being love. Love can be defined differently by people but in all it is a shared understanding of togetherness.

I'm happy that Will and Kate are two. For me it is not my wish to see them together if it is not meant to be, but they seem in love and if it's true then I wish them nothing but the best. I simply hope that they care and take interest in the workings of the monarchy and lead in a exemplary and admirable role. I wish to see the monarchy last and last through the test of time. From them comes the way of the land and ruling of the people before us. Good luck to them.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Guys, if Kate's parents are invited to spend time with the holidaying couple and Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall this is more serious than a girlfriend.

Prince William has always been camera shy and his relationship is off limits to the press. But to me this action of Kate and her parents being entertained by Prince Charles and his wife speak volumes on how far this relationship has gone. I feel Prince William loves Kate and Kate him. I believe a wedding will come in the next three year.
Don't think the trip and everything about her party is true. If the trip is real, than a lot of people are there because information given out is waaay to close to what we should know. And William leaves on Miss Middleton's birthday. And I also don't think he loves her enough to marry her, which is what he has proven before. But whatever you wnat to believe is fine becaue many people have been waiting for a long time for nothing.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
And I also don't think he loves her enough to marry her, which is what he has proven before.
How has he "proven" that?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Don't think the trip and everything about her party is true. If the trip is real, than a lot of people are there because information given out is waaay to close to what we should know. And William leaves on Miss Middleton's birthday. And I also don't think he loves her enough to marry her, which is what he has proven before. But whatever you wnat to believe is fine becaue many people have been waiting for a long time for nothing.
Again, that's one interpretation of what's going on. But the negative view of things isn't necessarily true just because you want to believe it, either. None of us really knows what's going on -- and I'd wager that you haven't had a personal discussion with William about his feelings to make such an authoritative statement about them.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Majesty

The more I have been reading about William and Harry and their respective girlfriends, Kate and Chelsy, the more I think that they will almost have to marry them.

If they don't they will be seen as 'cads'.

This reminds me of one of the reasons that Charles proposed to Diana - because if he didn't then he needed to break things off because if could damage her reputation.

In all honesty, what man would want to marry a woman who has been publicly romanced by a prince for 6 or more years and then dumped? For the ladies sake I think that they both need to make up their minds and commit (whether publicly at this stage or not) they need to make it clear that they will marry them and within what timeframe. Of course they may already have made those commitments and the women are fully aware of when they will be walking down the aisles with their princes.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Nobility

So if they have to marry them, isn't that another Charles and Diana? Guess what, it would not be the first time two people who have dated for a while have broken up! What would be the big deal, it has happened many times before, it's a little thing called "life". It can be tough, but there will be a bright light ahead.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
In all honesty, what man would want to marry a woman who has been publicly romanced by a prince for 6 or more years and then dumped?
The woman in question would be lucky to lose a man who rejected her for that reason.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What would be the big deal, it has happened many times before, it's a little thing called "life".
Personally, I wouldn't wish the pain of breaking up with someone you'd loved for six years on anybody.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
The woman in question would be lucky to lose a man who rejected her for that reason.

I never stated a reason why the prince might have dumped her - sorry I therefore don't understand your reply.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
So if they have to marry them, isn't that another Charles and Diana? Guess what, it would not be the first time two people who have dated for a while have broken up! What would be the big deal, it has happened many times before, it's a little thing called "life". It can be tough, but there will be a bright light ahead.

I used the word 'publicly' for a reason - I am fully aware of people who have been together for years (and some even longer than 6 years) but they haven't had it splashed around the world's media, been discussed for pages etc on public fora etc.

It is the public side of things that concerns me.

I suspect that if Charles and Diana had been together for 6 years they wouldn't have married (actually I think if they had been together for 6 months they wouldn't have been married - based on the fact that both seemed to have doubts by July 1981).
Old 01-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I think it's a case where we all interpret something different based on the photographic evidence we see. You see a man who is not in love with his partner; I see a naturally reserved man who does not like being photographed and doesn't want to be demonstrative with her in the glare of the media. After all, he's more physically affectionate with her in photos where they assumed they had more privacy (the long-range paparazzi pictures of them in the tent at polo on his birthday; the cell-phone photos of them dancing quite close at his birthday party).

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with either interpretation, and we're all going to have different ones until they finally reveal what the outcome of this relationship is going to be.

Sorry Ella Kay, I haven't seen those photos, are they on this forum?

Of course interpretation is subjective but verbal communication and actions not so much. He has publicly stated he doesn't want to marry until 28 or 30 (I would suggest it would be more 30), he's signed up for a long term job that doesn't leave time for long service leave when he's just started regardless if he's royalty or not. I think that speaks volumes about what rung he's on, on the marriage ladder.

Anyway maybe Kate doesn't have any ambitions apart from marrying and having children and this is why she hasn't accomplished much in the past few years. There's nothing wrong with that but to be in a position (even decorative such as royalty) I believe one needs experiences be they good or bad to know oneself and how to deal with people. She seems like a girl-woman who's been sheltered for no real reason.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I used the word 'publicly' for a reason - I am fully aware of people who have been together for years (and some even longer than 6 years) but they haven't had it splashed around the world's media, been discussed for pages etc on public fora etc.

It is the public side of things that concerns me.

I suspect that if Charles and Diana had been together for 6 years they wouldn't have married (actually I think if they had been together for 6 months they wouldn't have been married - based on the fact that both seemed to have doubts by July 1981).
Your post has made me think. Prince William and Kate have been together for years, very intimately from what we have heard from the papers, what about married people, some of them are together for many many years, 5, 10, 20, 30 and they break up so a mere couple "going together" as they say, is nothing in comparison - that is if they break up. One member of the married couple is "dumped" or perhaps it is mutual, but let us say in this case "dumped", does that mean the "dumped" one won´t find someone to marry him/her ever again?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Your post has made me think. Prince William and Kate have been together for years, very intimately from what we have heard from the papers, what about married people, some of them are together for many many years, 5, 10, 20, 30 and they break up so a mere couple "going together" as they say, is nothing in comparison - that is if they break up. One member of the married couple is "dumped" or perhaps it is mutual, but let us say in this case "dumped", does that mean the "dumped" one won´t find someone to marry him/her ever again?

I am not referring to ordinary people but to a couple who have had their relationship splashed over the media around the world.

Look how hard it was for either Sarah or Diana to find 'love' again after their royal marriages ended and they made it down the aisle. How much harder will it be for a girl not even deemed good enough to make it down the aisle in the end.

I am fully aware of many ordinary people who have been together for lots of years and then split but I say again I am only referring to this couple due to the public knowledge people have about them.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Christmas came . . . . no Engagement.

New Year came . . . . no Engagement.

Are we surprised about "no engagement" . . . . No!

Anywone for bets over which brother is first up the aisle?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am not referring to ordinary people but to a couple who have had their relationship splashed over the media around the world.

Look how hard it was for either Sarah or Diana to find 'love' again after their royal marriages ended and they made it down the aisle. How much harder will it be for a girl not even deemed good enough to make it down the aisle in the end.

I am fully aware of many ordinary people who have been together for lots of years and then split but I say again I am only referring to this couple due to the public knowledge people have about them.
I understand perfectly LuvnB but the thought of poor Kate being very disappointed (not counting her family) and that she may have difficulty marrying someone else is not really a reason for Prince William to make her the future Queen of England is it?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Prince William and Kate have been together for years, very intimately from what we have heard from the papers, what about married people, some of them are together for many many years, 5, 10, 20, 30 and they break up so a mere couple "going together" as they say, is nothing in comparison - that is if they break up. One member of the married couple is "dumped" or perhaps it is mutual, but let us say in this case "dumped", does that mean the "dumped" one won't find someone to marry him/her ever again?
You are, IMO, quite right. Time courting cannot be compared to marriage either, I'm sure we have all heard of couples who after a long courtship, married and then split up. Not all are able to move on after a split, but William and Kate are still young.
Quote:
but the thought of poor Kate being very disappointed (not counting her family) and that she may have difficulty marrying someone else is not really a reason for Prince William to make her the future Queen of England is it?
Certainly not!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I believe that the Middleton´s with their little internet business are richer than their wildest dreams, for now they they are really self-satisfied, to other people this is not real money but to them - they have made it.At the moment I believe the Middletons are at the stage of being very self satisfied with what they have achieved, perhaps later on when or if the Middleton parents start to mix with really rich people they will come to want more.
Menarue, as I said, I don't think money is Kate's motivation or, I should have said, certainly not her main motivation. I was just merely stating that there would be a real appeal for someone in her situation.
Your statement about the Middleton being very content is, imo, very true of Kate's parent, but probably less accurate when it comes to their children. As I said, they work for their money. If Party Pieces files for Bankruptcy or if they retire and the children don't take up the business, the income would dry up.
If they have been clever about their investments or if they sell the business for a good price, they will be alright. The operating word here is 'if'. You also have to wonder, with Kate and her sister particularly running with the landed gentry/upper-class crowd, many of them fabulously wealthy, whether they will be content with just being 'alright'.
If you take all that into account and compute the economic crisis that has (maybe only temporarily) reduced the value of their business and investments like the London apartment, I think you cannot deny Windsor money offers a level a financial security Middleton money doesn't offer.
Again, I don't think that's Kate's main motivation, but that doesn't mean the appeal isn't there.
Quote:
The Windsors are not exactly lavish with their money either, they will not splash out very much with what they consider their own money, that is all safely invested. The money that is spent is from the Crown and the public spend a lot of money on getting ready for visits and tours and protection etc.
Very true. The Windsor aren't flashy like, say, Donald Trump, but let's not deny they live on an extremely grand scale.
Grade-I properties all over the country, first-class treatment wherever they go, an army of staff at their beck and call, more freebies and privileges they know how to do with, total financial security for the monarch and the heir and their family, etc. All that guarantied for life. The kind of lifestyle that is completely out of reach for a girl like Kate, unless she marries in (or at the very least keeps on dating William).
Palace life can be very addictive for certain people, and some girls might think it's worth sacrifying some things for it, like freedom.
Quote:
I think the main attraction is the respect and for lack of another word "kow-towing" that the royals get that would be really attractive to a lower middle class family.
They have been blessed with a very attractive young daughter, they have been able to give her every opportunity, not only a top University but the chance to meet and mix with the heir to the throne of THEIR country, which one must admit is even more attractive than meeting the heir to the throne of a foreign country. To be recognized and respected in your own country gives a certain feeling of satisfaction that would be hard to equal.
I agree that the Windsor money would be appealing but in comparison with the prestige even being related to the royal family gives, it fades into the background.
I completely agree with this statement.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I believe I could get addicted to that kind of living myself - very easily.
Of course the crisis looms and I doubt that people will be lavishing money on paper hats and gadgets for their childrens´ parties if they suffer the so called "crunch" IMO this kind of purchase will be the first to go. Perhaps they have invested their money wisely, and in the right bank.....and they will be able to keep up the life they have made for themselves.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I believe I could get addicted to that kind of living myself - very easily.
That's what poor Diana thought - and look where that took her...

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread