The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have just been reading this week's No Idea - according to that Kate and William are going to Balmoral this week to seek the Queen's permission to marry.

So they are currently in the Caribbean but are also going to Balmoral.

I am smelling a lot of wishful thinking from media outlets wanting to sell more magazines, papers etc to the gullible public when, in truth, no one knows anything because there is nothing to know - yet.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 AM
Commoner

^ very true. And I have a feeling that the next news piece will be a split, but permanent this time.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Haha or maybe some sort of wedding news. Well hopefully bc this guessing game is getting dull.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Courtier

Royalty Magazine - Sept
Welcome to the world's favourite Royal magazine online
What's in the latest issue

Majesty Magazine - Aug Issue (Sept issue due out any day)
Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine
Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

That was really Kate??? I could barely tell!! She was a good actress
Old 08-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Well Kate works for her parents and seems to like it. I mean she's not being chased all over town by photographers. Not to mention the current economic situation... I'm sure if she did get a job somewhere she'll be accused of using her royal connections like Chelsy Davy when she was a law intern at a firm that usually takes law students from Oxford and Cambridge. I'm not saying she should go on this way but when she did have a job criticisms were still flying in her direction.
As I have said before any job she takes she will be accused of trading on connections if she works for her family errm well damned if you do damned if you dont springs to mind.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
That was really Kate??? I could barely tell!! She was a good actress
Yes, its really her! I've noticed that the video was deleted from youtube. So, you can find the scene here in this movie 18:55 - 21:04

Die Königskinder: William und Kate
Old 08-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
As I have said before any job she takes she will be accused of trading on connections if she works for her family errm well damned if you do damned if you dont springs to mind.
If she takes a job of her own volition there will be nothing to criticise.

As the old saying goes "there's no smoke without fire".
Old 08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
As the old saying goes "there's no smoke without fire".
That old saying is used constantly when one wants to spread rumour or information that has no basis in fact. It's been used to justify not having any correct information and just passing on speculation in the hope that someone will take it on as factual information. It's a very tired and overused saying by the 'I don't have any real information just assumptions' gang.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Administrator

The discussion on whether or not Kate should work, who should she work for, whether or not working for her parent's is or is not REAL work is OVER.

There is never going to be a happy middle.

Let's move on.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Mirror, 23 August 2009:

Prince William could be about to propose to Kate Middleton as they holiday in Mustique lovenest - mirror.co.uk

Telegraph, 24 August 2009:

Kate Middleton returns to Mustique for romantic break with Prince William - Telegraph
Old 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Kate?

Princess Diana's legacy lives on, 12 years after her death. Royal insiders say the palace is grooming a 27-year-old, Kate Middleton to become England's next princess. Charlie D'Agata reports.

Princess Kate? - CBS News Video
Old 09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Ok,so now the 24th-30th week has passed:have they been to Balmoral?
Did Kate drink tea with the Queen while the men of the house went hunting (birds,if I remember rightly)?
I wonder who thought of that romantic scenario,she/he could have made a nice Hollywood movie...
Old 09-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Some nice photos on the video, but unfortunately, I was only able to hear Charlie D'Agota reporting! The video fell silent during the comments made by England's reporters. All in all, not a very interesting, much less informative, video.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Commoner

I never know what to believe from what can be seen in the press, if anything at all. I really have no idea whether William will ever actually marry Kate.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Serene Highness

This has been an interesting discussion to read through. Maybe I'm just a romantic but the way Kate and William look at one another speaks volumes to me. I guess that means I believe they will end up married. When that will happen is another matter and I actually give them credit for not rushing to the altar just to satisfy the media's persistent attempts to push them in that direction.

I think it must be difficult to be a girlfriend of Prince William....given his commitments in the military and the incessant media attention both he and any woman he's in a relationship with have to endure. I can't fault either's behavior in their courtship as I've thankfully never been in the public eye. Nor do I think it particularly problematic that Kate lives with her parents; she can trust them, after all, not to reveal details about her while roommates or others, if she were out on her own, could potentially talk to journalists or write books when and if she marries William. I also have to wonder how one would even go about handling a career in Kate's position--co-workers talk, she runs the risk of having her work scrutinized in the media, and potential clients might not like having such a high profile individual handling their affairs. Carolyn Bessette found that out when she began to be known as JFK Jr's girlfriend; she left her job at Calvin Klein because reportedly "she was getting more attention than the designer and apparel she was supposed to be representing." Actually, I think the comparisons between Carolyn and Kate are worth noting as they may potentially give some insights on what Kate is facing. Carolyn was a 20 something when she began seeing "America's Prince," attractive, fashionable, intelligent and personable. Like Kate, rumors of a pending engagement began quickly but JFK Jr. was dealing with his mother's recent death and the start-up of a magazine so a firm commitment was put on hold for awhile. As previously noted, Carolyn tried to work but, even before she was engaged to John, that proved challenging with the media following her to and from work and interrupting her day with calls and attempts to get her photo--and so she left Calvin Klein and was at loose ends for awhile. When she went out, photographers caught her talking to other men, smoking and drinking and this occasionally resulted in unflattering pictures and comments on her "suitability." Friends and former co-workers and even her hair stylist spoke about her to the media and Carolyn later said she felt trapped--caught in the midst of a situation which, even though not yet John's fiancee, kept her so much in the spotlight she was unable to lead her "normal" life. I believe Kate is going through much the same now so perhaps she's erring on the side of caution, trying to maintain as much privacy as she can by living at home and working in a lower-profile position. Being in this "gray" area has to be daunting but, as far as I can tell, she's doing her best so I hope it all works out well for her--whatever happens next.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:02 AM

Well said, maryshawn

Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

Waitey Kaitey

"Anyway, all the usual suspects dashed to support Kate whose main problem, of course, is not that she has a drug dealer for an uncle but that she is a woman with no taste and no class at all and who is simply not cut out to be a member of the Royal Family."

Old 09-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssMarie-Elisabeth View Post
"Anyway, all the usual suspects dashed to support Kate whose main problem, of course, is not that she has a drug dealer for an uncle but that she is a woman with no taste and no class at all and who is simply not cut out to be a member of the Royal Family."

This is a quote from?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssMarie-Elisabeth View Post
she is a woman with no taste and no class at all and who is simply not cut out to be a member of the Royal Family."

How sad and tasteless, that someone would take the time to make a nasty smiley about a young woman they have absolutely no knowledge of. It says a great deal about them and their lack of breeding, rather than Kate Middleton. Tacky to say the least, which site was this taken from?

Closed Thread