The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Commoner

As someone who had her first child at 40, I wasn't saying that turning 30 means instant infertility, just that the added pressure isn't going to make things easier.
As to the economic issue, the British tabloid press isn't as cordial to the royals as they were in the 70's and 80's. It's a different world out there than it was. The preception, whether based on truth or not, would be that the cost to the taxpayer isn't worth the revenue from tourism.
As to the 2012 Olympics, there's no way the London infrastructure could cope with both the Olympics AND a royal wedding back to back. The security alone for both events will be mammoth.
I simply meant that an engagement will be problematic for the next few years at least, so I wouldn't start looking at a hat for the day just yet!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't see why William should be rushed into a wedding.
He has his career to consider.
It will be a long time before he will be called upon to become King.

As to the recession, the Royal Family can't win there.
If they announce an engagement or wedding, they will be criticized.
If they don't, they will also be criticized.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I have no desire to see William and wouldn't make any effort to go anywhere to see him. I'd travel to Sydney or Brisbane to see Charles & Camilla though.

IMO William is irrelevant to Australia, whereas Charles has had connections with us since he was here for a while at school and is in line to be our next monarch even though we will be a republic fairly soon. And Charles is interesting, and we know him, and have followed him all his life in our papers and magazines and on TV. I suppose people will say we know William, too, for the same reasons, but as far as I am concerned he is boring and there's nothing about him that interests me. It could be my age, or he could just be boring. I'm not sure, but I'm not interested in what he does when he comes here, and wouldn't go out of his way to see him. In fact I resent the fact he's coming here, because I want to see his father and step-mother and IMO the fact William's coming means there's less chance we'll see Charles here.

(Edited, in a belated attempt to bring this post on topic) I'm also getting sick of the "will they or won't they" stuff. The busy schedule stuff is ridiculous, IMO. If they wanted to get married the schedule would be changed to suit a wedding. If they are going to, I wish they'd get on with it, and if they're not, I wish they'd separate and that Kate would go off and do something constructive with her life like Chelsy is. As well as that she's not getting any younger and that biological clock must be starting to tick; finding someone else and establishing a relationship sound enough to settle down and have children takes some time.
Yeah!!! an Aussie who feels the same way I do about Will's visit to Aus.
I would rather do a weeks shopping at Coles than cross the road to see William.
As for the whole on again off again thing, the only announcements I will believe regarding their impending marriage is one that is attached to the gates of Buck House with HM's signature at the bottom of the page.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1 View Post
Yeah!!! an Aussie who feels the same way I do about Will's visit to Aus.
I would rather do a weeks shopping at Coles than cross the road to see William.
As for the whole on again off again thing, the only announcements I will believe regarding their impending marriage is one that is attached to the gates of Buck House with HM's signature at the bottom of the page.

Seems the count is three Aussies not interested in an upcoming visit from the grandson of a foreign monarch.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic...this thread is about Kate and William and not Australia as it relates to a republic and the British monarchy.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
CP Mary and CP Maxima got pregnant right after getting married, and they were in their 30s. I don't think a woman in her thirties is instantly infertile, as the media has been making it out to be.
CP Mary by calculations got pregnant Feb 05, which depending on dates she could have been 32 or 33. She married May 14th 2004.
CP Maxima by calculations got pregnant March 03, she would have been 32. She married Feb 2nd 2002.

A trip to Australia wouldn't delay the wedding or engagement of the heir. They would find time no matter what he was doing.
As for princess lessons for Kate, I hope she does learn some royal attributes but as for having access to the chequers commitee looking a royal estates doubtful in my mind.

< ed by Warren >
Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Once again posts have been removed. This is the William and Kate relationship rumours and musings thread. It is not the place to discuss Australia and republicanism, the slipping standards of the Establishment or the death of Diana. There are plenty of opportunities to discuss those subjects elsewhere in the Forums.

One of the duties of a Moderator is to keep threads on topic. This is what Zonk has done. If anyone wishes to argue the point could they please do so via PM to me.

Thanks for eveyone's cooperation in keeping these very large forums in an ordered state so that the thread titles reflect the subjects under discussion.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 08-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
A trip to Australia wouldn't delay the wedding or engagement of the heir.
Is this history repeating itself or will a trip to Australia be their short honeymoon?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Nobility

I read in one article interesting thing but I don't know is it true. It was said that princesses Eugenie and Beatrice refuse to sit next to Kate's sister Pippa during fashion show and that was a big embarrasment. I wonder what does mean?

I often heard that Queen likes Kate and she's accepted by royal family. I don't know if it's change now after this story with Kate's uncle but this news is quite old, maybe a few moths ago or sth like that. What do you thing? Have you ever heard about it?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I think that article was in a gossip column months ago, if I remember correctly. I don't think most people gave it much credence. Some of the papers want to seem to revive the Fergie/Di conflicts of the '80s and '90s, with the Middletons in the "Diana" place and the Yorks in the "Fergie" spot.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Courtier

The incident grace marie mentions happened several months ago, during Issa fashion show: Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie were allegedly asked to move to 'make space' for Pippa Middleton in the front row, which they refused to do.
I believe the incident did indeed take place (there were pictures from the show to prove it), however I doubt it should be regarded as a 'snub' for Pippa or an indicator of Kate Middleton's level of acceptance into the Royal Family.

Kate, Pippa, Beatrice, Eugenie and Chelsy have been moving in the same circle of friends for ages, independent of who was/is dating whom.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Here's what I was able to dig up on the "fashion show" story. It was from Katie Nicholl: Beatrice and Eugenie snub Kate's sister in fashion show stand-off.

The problem with the story was this: Nicholl wrote that "Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie snubbed the 23-year-old party hostess at a recent Issa fashion show and refused to make space for her in the front row," adding, "In the end, she had to find another seat that wasn’t in the front row."

Except that another Mail article by Tamara Abraham, written about the very same Issa show, included a photo of Pippa clearly sitting in the front row: Beatrice and Eugenie get it right at the Issa fashion show as Naomi struts the catwalk. Scroll down -- it's the last picture included.

Nicholl apparently wasn't at the show to see the so-called "snub," and her source was wrong about where Pippa was sitting. It was all just more royal "news" silliness designed to fill column inches and try to sell papers, IMO.

(Also, I find it really hard to believe that anyone would ask two HRHs to "move up" in the first place...)

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

I could see how Uncle Gary might be an issue in their relationship, but it does seem a bit of a stretch to think that whether or not his cousins gets along with his girlfriend's sister would make any difference. Do they even spend that much time with their cousins?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Commoner

Here's a question. Would Fergie be invited to either William or Harry's wedding? Also, 100 years ago, Beatrice and Eugenie would be pretty high up on the list of possible brides for William and Harry!! Fergie as mother of the Queen, now there's an image not worth imagining!
I agree that William shouldn't be pushed into marrying until he's ready, but the longer he remains unmarried, the greater the possibility that there's a recurrence of the Charles situation from the early 1980's where the pool of candidates for a wife is either much younger than the groom or the same age as the groom, which then brings up other issues, including the dreaded biological clock.
You really have to feel sorry for William and whoever he marries. One of his main roles in life right now is to have children. That's got to mess up any relationship!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lac2003 View Post
Here's a question. Would Fergie be invited to either William or Harry's wedding? Also, 100 years ago, Beatrice and Eugenie would be pretty high up on the list of possible brides for William and Harry!! Fergie as mother of the Queen, now there's an image not worth imagining!

I think that Sarah, Duchess of York would definitely be invited to the wedding of both William and Harry as she is the mother of their first cousins and is still on very good terms with their uncle (might even be regarded as his partner).

I couldn't imagine William or Harry marrying either Beatrice or Eugenie but I could imagine both of them dying without legitimate issue, considering their current occupations and their enjoyment of dangerous activities, and thus Fergie as the Mother of the Queen.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lac2003 View Post
I think Fergie would be invited to there weddings. The chance of William and Harry marrying their first cousins nowadays is very very slim. They are very close to their cousins in a brotherly manner.
I can't see either William nor Harry dying childless, and whoever they marry will have to understand that as heir and spare they have to produce children. Or the unthinkable, Fergie would be mother to the Queen, Queen Beatrice.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 AM
Courtier

Oh no!!! Fergie as Queen Mum. I'm in shock, it's quite possible, but I'd never even entertained the idea before.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Can we stay on topic...this thread isn't about British succession, and Fergie.

Thank you.

Zonk
British Forums moderator

Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

I was wondering when is that weekend when Kate is supposed to talk face to face with the Queen???
It's supposed to be on august right??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
I was wondering when is that weekend when Kate is supposed to talk face to face with the Queen???
It's supposed to be on august right??
Yes, but it is difficult to say with any level of certainty whether such a meeting ever takes place!

Closed Thread