The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM

This may sound weird, but I was thinking: with the recent reports of Kate doing business with Richard Branson, do you think its possible that she might enjoy being a businesswoman so much, she might decline marrying William and being a princess?

Don't get me wrong, I do believe a wedding is in the works for those two. But I wonder if maybe Kate has finally found what she likes to do, and maybe she wouldn't want to leave it?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

No, I thought the same thing - all she seems to get is bad publicity - she might decide that being Queen isn't worth it if she finds a career and a man that she likes better. Anything's possible.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
No, I thought the same thing - all she seems to get is bad publicity - she might decide that being Queen isn't worth it if she finds a career and a man that she likes better. Anything's possible.
Anything is possible. But Kate has been with William with 8 years. (I think) It would be a good buisness and someone extra to give those years up.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it would have been better for Kate to have met William after she had established her own life/career and know what it's like to have her own life the way Maxima, Letizia, Mary, Sophie and MM. Even Diana did her own thing before Charles. I think if that's how it had happened maybe people would have a better perception of her. Maybe she the press wouldn't call her "waity Katie" and maybe some of Williams friends would respect her more bc she's done something for herself even if she isn't a part of the aristocracy. Maybe the press the press won't see her Mom as pushy or goldigger. Just my opinion.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I think it would have been better for Kate to have met William after she had established her own life/career and know what it's like to have her own life the way Maxima, Letizia, Mary, Sophie and MM.
Maxima, Letizia, Mary, Sophie and MM were both quite a bit older than Kate when they met their respective husbands.

Quote:
Even Diana did her own thing before Charles. Maybe she the press wouldn't call her "waity Katie"
Did Diana do anything before Charles? I think they would still call her Waity Katie because she would still be waiting for an engagement, not matter if she was or was not working.

Quote:
Maybe the press the press won't see her Mom as pushy or goldigger. Just my opinion.
Kate mum is well off in her own right, I think she would still be seen as pushy maybe not gold digging.

Just my opinion.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Quite right....all the princess mentioned above had already met their husbands after they had been established in their careers. Kate met hers in college. It happens for some of us!

In reference to the Waity Kate title and her mother....I think the British press would have found ANYTHING to ridicule....they just happened to pick those two things.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I wasn't clear sorry but I did mean that maybe if Kate had met William at a later point in her life when she was more established in her life/career the press wouldn't be so rough on her. She'd have something accomplished on her own.

Well maybe Diana wasn't doing what Mary, Maxima and Letizia were doing but she had something that she loved doing. Working with children. As much as I love Kate she just doesn't seem to have anything besides being Williams gf. I mean she might have something but what is it?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps just loving William is enough for her....
Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

That is THE most important thing to remember. Surely we all know someone who has given up a career, opportunities or home to follow the love of her/his life, is this any different?

It is called commitment, old fashioned but isn't that what is required of a future princess?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Love is a wonderful thing...
Old 08-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

None of us knows the true motivations and deep feelings of these people. We don't know that he's the love of her life. We don't know whether it's love, golddigging, social climbing, pushy mama, prestige, etc. that's motivating Kate. None of us knows and it's not right for us to speculate.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I tend to agree, rchat, except for the "clinging" part. What we can see, at the most basic level, is two people who obviously spend a good deal of time together and have been photographed in affectionate moments. I don't think we've seen anything that would indicate that either of them is "clinging."

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The flip side of Kate's "career issue" is that maybe William doesn't want to have an ambitious career woman in his life. Mom wasn't.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
The flip side of Kate's "career issue" is that maybe William doesn't want to have an ambitious career woman in his life. Mom wasn't.

And as that marriage ended so disastrously maybe he should be looking for someone who has more world experience than his mother had.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It is called commitment, old fashioned but isn't that what is required of a future princess?
Indeed, Camilla is a fine example for commitment.
Kate is very commited to her man.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Nobility

It seems to be the majority consensus that William and Kate will end up marrying. They perhaps will and they perhaps won't. Anything, unfortunately, can happen so it's hard to say that the couple will walk down the aisle together. I always thought Carl Philip and Emma would end up getting marrying. They had been dating since 2000. And then lo and behold they ended up breaking off their relationship. But his elder sister, another participant in a long-term relationship, is looking forward to a lovely wedding next year.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it can go either way. Just because they've been together for quite a while doesn't automatically mean they will end up marrying. But this is just my opinion on the matter
Old 08-09-2009, 01:08 AM

Clive Goodman is saying Kate is going to start her training to be a royal princess.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: L-plate Kate’s royal lessons

So, could Clive Goodman be trusted?

If so, are those wedding bells I am hearing?

Old 08-09-2009, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
So, could Clive Goodman be trusted?
A quick Google will show he certainly had ways of getting information about the Royals in the past, but surely he wouldn't be silly enough to do that again.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Knowing that any rumours started will be neither denied nor confirmed, he is safe enough suggesting the 'training'. After his little 'holiday', he is out of the loop and desperate to get back in, IMO.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Prince William : No Wedding in 2010

Prince William : No Wedding
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/442656/Prince-William-No-wedding-He-wont-marry-Kate-next-year.html
(see daily mail reader comments below article)

Closed Thread