The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Aristocracy

And they could call it quits tomorrow - they broke up before. And it may not be him; she may decide that she's tired of all the attention. Maybe he won't marry anyone - wonder what happens to the monarchy if he decides not to marry or have children?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

It will go to his brother and his Decendants.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
Well, she was 21 when this was taken;
Kate Middleton Kate Middleton Pictures - kate_middleton_dancing

and we know Prince William was in the audience because they made a big deal about it - though who knows if they were actually dating at the time or not. She's how old now - 27? But of course, that's just when the press knew about it because that's when he appeared in public with her - so they had to have at least known each other before then.

The Daily Mail, more of a tabloid newspaper, says the relationship was "confirmed" in 2004; 'Call me Catherine', says Kate Middleton as proposal rumours hit fever pitch | Mail Online

The London Times, a more serious newspaper, has them moving in together in a house with two other friends in 2002. Focus: The girl who would be Queen - Times Online
That picture of her posing in lingerie proves nothing. It's been well reported that he dated several other girls before he hooked up with Kate, so they didn't start dating at the beginning of University. Even when they shared a house with friends, it was made clear that it was platonic friendship and even stated that kate was a cover for him so he could privately date another girl(s).
I think I'll stick with the year of 2004 rather than a made-up time frame, thank you.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Do you think that you could possibly share your source for 'the confirmed year of 2004' with the rest of us because going by the rest of the post here no one else seems to have any idea when they started dating
Old 07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry will become king after William dies, and Harry's children after Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
And they could call it quits tomorrow - they broke up before. And it may not be him; she may decide that she's tired of all the attention. Maybe he won't marry anyone - wonder what happens to the monarchy if he decides not to marry or have children?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Well said, Skydragon. If they're truly devoted to each other for the long-term, the other issues that people keep bringing up can be worked out. In 20 years, people will have forgotten about the uncle and the brother and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The most important thing in any long term relationship - she puts his wants and needs on an equal footing to her own and ..... she loves him! It doesn't get better than that, because it is only others who are concerned about the princess bit, they are only concerned about the man/woman relationship.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

So very true, Mermaid. And wasn't that a beautifully written post by Sky? It is entirely in William and Kate's hearts as to their futures....
Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you guys think that Queen Elizabeth will send William to represent the BRF at CP Victoria's wedding? Maybe William will be allowed to accompany Kate? Maybe they'll be engaged by then?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Majesty

I think that it's more likely that HM would send one of her own children to represent her at a wedding, perhaps the Wessexes. In any case, William wouldn't be accompanied by a girlfriend unless they were engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Do you guys think that Queen Elizabeth will send William to represent the BRF at CP Victoria's wedding? Maybe William will be allowed to accompany Kate? Maybe they'll be engaged by then?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Courtier

The Wessexes went to the Danish Royal Wedding of Crown Prince Frederick to Crown Princess Mary, so I assume they will also go to Sweden
Old 07-24-2009, 03:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

aww well maybe they'll be engaged by then? The whole fam could go: HM, Prince Phillip, Charles, Andrew, Edward, William and Harry, Camilla and Princess Anne. It's a nice thought but it won't happen.

OT: How does HM choose between her children to send to the weddings and why doesn't she go?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
aww well maybe they'll be engaged by then? The whole fam could go: HM, Prince Phillip, Charles, Andrew, Edward, William and Harry, Camilla and Princess Anne. It's a nice thought but it won't happen.

OT: How does HM choose between her children to send to the weddings and why doesn't she go?
My guess is that the decision of who goes to an event of that nature is based on the level of "seniority" deemed appropriate, personal equations between members of the BRF and the family hosting the occassion, and diary compunctions. HM tends not to bother going to weddings of other royal families. Perhaps we might see Charles and Camilla at the Swedish wedding - they were not married at the time of the Danish wedding, so there is a possibility that they appear.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Courtier

I doubt Her Majesty would send William or Harry to such an important wedding.
The Wessexes are the most likely choice, however I hope Charles and Camilla will represent the Queen.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The Today Show just ran a piece about William and Kate, the typical "will they/won't they and when will they?" piece. Meredith Vieira weighed in, stating that it was time for Kate to put her foot down. (Yikes, Meredith, she's still not funny.)
Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
I think that William and Kate should give interview in TV. They could say that they don't plan to marry this year and press should leave them alone. I think it's really unfair for Kate so they should say something. If I were Kate, I would like to do sth, my hobby or whatever. People shouldn't think that she's bored and only wait on William.
Oh, I'm sure, they will never give an interview about their relationship And she will never say a word except he really makes a proposal.

I agree with all those here who said, its his first serious relationship and for that he hasn't to marry her. I wouldn't marry my first serious boyfriend, but thats a personal thing I remember, Lord Mountbatten once told Prince Charles he should "sow one's wild oats first", what in his cause maybe didn't worked, but you know, what I mean I'm sure, William knows this as well.

The thing is, that they are for such a long time a "couple" - what the press, the royal watchers and general public made wondering about if they will marry or not. But its my opinion as well - if Kate isn't happy with this situation and the compression through the press she can talk with him about a decision and if he don't want to marry her but she wants, then she can leave him anytime. But it doesn't seems a so that she's unhappy with this situation because I don't think she's that stupid to stay when theres no chance for her.

Maybe they just enjoy their time together as long as it works between them... William is still VERY young, theres no biological clock ticking
Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic...this thread isn't about Crown Princess Victoria's wedding.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
The Today Show just ran a piece about William and Kate, the typical "will they/won't they and when will they?" piece. Meredith Vieira weighed in, stating that it was time for Kate to put her foot down. (Yikes, Meredith, she's still not funny.)
Why do they have her report on the Royals at all (and William in particular) ? Remember when she interviewed PA and asked about his fantasies? You'd think they would have somebody with a little more decorum. She is NOT the one to be giving advice to a future PssoW.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The report on The Today Show was by one of the correspondents that NBC usually has comment on British news... Meredith was just giving her opinion (which she could have just kept to herself IMO). There really wasn't any new news in it, just a re-hash of everything we've talked about forever.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Aristocracy

Sunday Express | Showbiz :: Will the Middleton men tarnish Kate's crown?

I'm surprised at Camila Tominey as she always seemed to dismiss the engagement rumours for this year on This Morning
Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Courtier

NBC usually goes to Tina Brown about royal talk, I guess she wasn't available...she seems a bit more "in the know."

Closed Thread