The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Courtier

I think Zonk is talking about Victoria and Daniel when saying at least we know it is happening.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Do we really know it is happening or is this more press speculation?

I am not convinced that because a book is being delayed and the BBC supposedly has some programme in the works that it necessarily means that anything is happening.

I can understand that the publishers might like to delay the launch of the book until there is an engagement but it still doesn't mean that there will be an engagement - just that the publishers don't want to go to the expense of publishing and then have them split or wait another two or three years as they know they will get a much bigger sale if they wait until they get engaged and then release the book.
I actually agree with your musings here. I mean when you see some documentary on any of the royals (or any celebrity for that matter) that is aired around the time of some major event in their lives, people have to remember it takes time to develop those things. So maybe the media is preparing this now because the couple have been together for years and they are anticipating / hoping that the couple will get married & therefore preparing themselves for it, just in case, so they will be able to maximize the opportunity to make it profitable to them, when ever it does happen (& if it does happen - some people just live together instead of get married these days).

"One day my music will unite. Fighting will be no more that's right. One day my people will know love and this war will over. And love will fall upon us ..." ~ from the song 'One Day' by Kees Dieffenthaller
Old 06-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Sorry guys, but I've taken out the latest digression on mistresses and Charles and Camilla.
I know the thread topic is very broad but could we please keep it to Wills 'n Kate.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 06-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Courtier

I would have thought that if a documentary was being made of Wills and Kate, especially if it's to be aired on the day of the engagement announcement, that they would at least have to get permission from the Palace.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
I would have thought that if a documentary was being made of Wills and Kate, especially if it's to be aired on the day of the engagement announcement, that they would at least have to get permission from the Palace.

i could be wrong but i don't think permission is necessary. wouldn't it be the same as unauthorized biography?
Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i could be wrong but i don't think permission is necessary. wouldn't it be the same as unauthorized biography?
I don´t think anything would stop them doing this but then how do they know there is an engagement in the offing? They are probably just being prepared in case and can have an alternative ending as sometimes happens in soap operas.
I keep remembering the case of the china cups or something that were ordered to be put on sale for their engagement, and that was ages ago.
Then again they could have someone in the palace who has given them the tip off.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Anybody can produce anything about the Royals, I think--as long as they aren't breaking confidentiality agreements. And we know some who've found legal ways around that, such as Ken Wharfe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Old 06-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Courtier

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1191304/Chelsy-Davy-wait-Prince-Harry--late.html

Kate Middleton ditches nightclubs for the pub
While Prince William is hard at work training as a search-and-rescue pilot, girlfriend Kate Middleton has swapped glitzy nightclubs for more low-key watering holes.

Regulars at the Fat Badger pub in London’s Notting Hill say the 27-year-old and sister Pippa are regular customers. Friends report it’s all part of a plan to keep a low profile
‘William has told Kate they will avoid the dreaded engagement rumours if they aren’t photographed,’ says a chum. ‘Kate hasn’t been out clubbing for months.’
Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Lovely video of Kate walking to Royal Wedding July 2008
Old 06-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Courtier

Their wedding would be fairly low-key, right? I mean I this isn't going to be a public Diana and Charles wedding, is it?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that William's wedding will be low-key, because he's in direct line for the throne. OTOH it won't be the scale of Charles and Diana's either, because he's not yet the Prince of Wales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Their wedding would be fairly low-key, right? I mean I this isn't going to be a public Diana and Charles wedding, is it?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:

There is no way that the 2nd in line to the British throne can have a low key wedding. His wife would be the future Queen and he is a future King.

Both Anne and Andrew had very large and public weddings despite, at the time of their weddings being 4th in line to the throne - Anne was 4th in 1973 behind her brothers and Andrew had dropped to 4th by 1986 behind Charles, William and Harry.

I would expect, at least something of that scale for William.

Edward's was far more low key but by the time he married he had dropped to his current position of 7th.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Do you think his lower-key wedding was solely due to his position in the line of succession as opposed to possibly also taking into account changed public expectations? There was a more than ten-year gap between Andrew's wedding and Edward's, with the whole Diana explosion and a couple of other failed marriages having happened in the meantime.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Do you think his lower-key wedding was solely due to his position in the line of succession as opposed to possibly also taking into account changed public expectations? There was a more than ten-year gap between Andrew's wedding and Edward's, with the whole Diana explosion and a couple of other failed marriages having happened in the meantime.

I wouldn't expect the Charles/Diana extravaganza but I wouldn't expect the low-key approach of the Edward/Sophie.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

Lovely video of Kate walking to Royal Wedding July 2008

She's appears to be nice and cute person. And it's seen that media can find sth against everybody. And if they can't, they still could invent sth.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Courtier

Sunday 7 June 09
NEW
William and Kate at Polo in June.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1191248/Kate-Middleton-joins-Prince-William-rest-Royal-Rat-Pack-weekend-polo.html
Old 06-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I thought Kate might of attended the polo this weekend, according to a post in William and Kate engagements they also were spotted at a wedding this weekend.

Quote:
I doubt very much that William's wedding will be low key. He is the heri to throne and his wife will be the future Queen. Of course it will be a public OTT wedding like Charles and Diana's probabley even more so, now that we have hit the 21st Century. The public wouldn't let William and his Fiancee do things by half, and I don't think the royal family or the government would either.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I thought Kate might of attended the polo this weekend, according to a post in William and Kate engagements they also were spotted at a wedding this weekend.
The Laura Fellowes wedding was last weekend, actually, on May 30. William played polo on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend, but Kate was only photographed at the Sunday event.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

I doubt very much that William's wedding will be low key. He is the heri to throne and his wife will be the future Queen. Of course it will be a public OTT wedding like Charles and Diana's probabley even more so, now that we have hit the 21st Century. The public wouldn't let William and his Fiancee do things by half, and I don't think the royal family or the government would either.

Just a small correction.

William is NOT the heir to the throne. His father Charles is the heir to the throne. William is the heir to the heir to the throne.

It annoys me when people say that William is the heir to the throne as they are excluding Charles from the line of succession, and that is incorrect.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Administrator

As the grandson of the Monarch, and with the current economic situation. I think if and when William marries, it will be more on the scale of Andrew and Sarah. Which I think was a happy medium between the Charles/Diana and Edward/Sophie weddings.

You don't want to do something too outlandish but he will be King one day. And let's face it.....while a wedding will cost a lot of money...it will also generate a lot of revenue. I am talking the souvenirs, people coming to town for the wedding..this increases money spent in tourism, etc. So it won't be small. It might also generate some monarchist and national feelings. People love weddings!

Closed Thread