The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
I thought William was doing service with the RAF Search and Rescue Unit for a few years before he took up royal duties. Will he have time to marry? If so, its about time!

Will he have time to marry? Yes.

When will he have time to marry? Different question.

His training really will be in full gear for most of the next 12 months but then there is a window between training and active service in which he could marry - next summer. The main problems with that scenario concern the timing of the next general election in Britain, the cost in the current economic climate and the fact that Kate would be expected to be on full time royal duties while William is out of the public eye for most of the time doing SAR service.

The positive is that maybe, although personally I doubt it, William and Kate could start married life on a military base and therefore Kate could settle in without being on full time view alone.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

When will he have time, many RAF personnel get married and have a honeymoon, they fit it in with their holiday entitlement.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the way that I'm inclined to think. Prince William isn't the Prince of Wales, and his future wife won't be the Princess of Wales for awhile yet. There's no need for either of them to have the high public profile that, say, Charles and Diana had at the beginning of their marriage. Charles and Camilla are still building their reputation as a married couple, and I can't see them--given their position--taking a back seat to a couple in the younger generation.

Also, the Queen knows from personal experience how important it is to establish a family life before being on the public stage full-time. She might see this kind of breathing room (or breeding room) as a good opportunity for her grandson and his bride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
William and Kate could start married life on a military base and therefore Kate could settle in without being on full time view alone.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:

The positive is that maybe, although personally I doubt it, William and Kate could start married life on a military base and therefore Kate could settle in without being on full time view alone.
I hope that this turns out to be the case. If they do wed, it will be very important that they experience some degree of normaility not accorded to Charles and Diana.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
This is the way that I'm inclined to think. Prince William isn't the Prince of Wales, and his future wife won't be the Princess of Wales for awhile yet. There's no need for either of them to have the high public profile that, say, Charles and Diana had at the beginning of their marriage. Charles and Camilla are still building their reputation as a married couple, and I can't see them--given their position--taking a back seat to a couple in the younger generation.
Excellent points.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I hope that this turns out to be the case. If they do wed, it will be very important that they experience some degree of normaility not accorded to Charles and Diana.
Very true. And they would be following in the footsteps of The Queen and Prince Philip by doing so.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 05-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Can't win I think - they had better elope
Gretna Green would be excellant what a good idea.. How many years has it been since and heir was married on Scottish soil oh the romance of it all.. the hands clasped above the anvil I would love it so much. Unfortunately I can already hear the muttering 'Just not done' 'not grand enough for royalty' 'how common it must have been her idea' and of course if he marries without official approval his right to inherit is in doubt Still would love the elopement.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There was abit in todays sun about how the BBC is already making a documentary on Wills and Kates wedding, even though it hasn't happend yet. The BBC say that they are sure the wedding will happen next summer, so they've started early.
x
Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
Gretna Green would be excellant what a good idea.. How many years has it been since and heir was married on Scottish soil oh the romance of it all.. the hands clasped above the anvil I would love it so much. Unfortunately I can already hear the muttering 'Just not done' 'not grand enough for royalty' 'how common it must have been her idea' and of course if he marries without official approval his right to inherit is in doubt Still would love the elopement.

His right to inherit wouldn't be affected by a decision to marry without official approval.

The marriage simply wouldn't be legal and so Kate wouldn't be HRH Princess William. She wouldn't be HM Queen Kate. Their children wouldn't be able to inherit. She would really be his mistress.

Only a legally approved marriage is legal allowing the wife the status, styles and titles of William and have the children in the line of succession. Any children to an unauthorised marriage would be regarded as illegitimate for inheritance to the throne purposes.

That is assuming, that as a result of the marriage, the government didn't pass legislation to make the marriage legal.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Nobility

OK thank you for the clarification in essence I guess I ment something similar as in it would be pretty much the end of the road for Wills lineage. As I personally prefer Harry Im for it Though the fallout could spell the end of the monarchy which I couldnt stand so let them trot on in their own time and their own way and if they make it to the church please let us have a few pics
Old 05-26-2009, 03:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
There was abit in todays sun about how the BBC is already making a documentary on Wills and Kates wedding, even though it hasn't happend yet.
Here in Australia, news of the BBC's documentary has made all of the TV News bulletins and the newspapers. Some Royal Watchers in London said to Nine News at 4.30 that a wedding was predicted for this year, but with the economy in tatters the Queen tought it sould wait. Personally, I couldn't think of a better way to cheer up the world than with the fairytale-like atmosphere of a royal wedding
Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 AM
Courtier

Anyone remember all the commemorative mugs that were made for the engagement some years back?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Courtier

Didn't know if any one posted this or just heard about it:
Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding rumours fly from BBC slip | Herald Sun
Old 05-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Quote:
There was abit in todays sun about how the BBC is already making a documentary on Wills and Kates wedding, even though it hasn't happend yet.
Here in Australia, news of the BBC's documentary has made all of the TV News bulletins and the newspapers. Some Royal Watchers in London said to Nine News at 4.30 that a wedding was predicted for this year, but with the economy in tatters the Queen tought it sould wait. Personally, I couldn't think of a better way to cheer up the world than with the fairytale-like atmosphere of a royal wedding

However, since the failure of three of the Queen's four children's fairytale weddings I think people are more realistic and aware that all the pomp and ceremony doesn't guarantee any future.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Theres also I think an article from Billed Bladet but I don't speak dansih so I don't know.
Billed-Bladet - Prins Williams bryllups-film

x
Old 05-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Theres also I think an article from Billed Bladet but I don't speak dansih so I don't know.
Billed-Bladet - Prins Williams bryllups-film

x
The article from Billed Bladet says and i quot: "New BBC documentary film about William and Kate focuses on new rumors of an impending royal wedding.
The BBC is ready to make a documentary about Prince William, 26, and his girlfriend Kate Middleton, 27, it has triggered rumors of an impending wedding, in Britain.
The British media believe that the BBC has been secretly informed that there is something afoot in the Bristish royal family.
It is quite costly to make such a production, and it happens right now indicates that a royal wedding is on the way, said the British newspaper The Sun".
Old 05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
Gretna Green would be excellant what a good idea.. How many years has it been since and heir was married on Scottish soil oh the romance of it all.. the hands clasped above the anvil
Gretna is far from romantic nowadays, there are so many anvils to marry over.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonieta View Post
The article from Billed Bladet says and i quot: "New BBC documentary film about William and Kate focuses on new rumors of an impending royal wedding.
The BBC is ready to make a documentary about Prince William, 26, and his girlfriend Kate Middleton, 27, it has triggered rumors of an impending wedding, in Britain.
The British media believe that the BBC has been secretly informed that there is something afoot in the Bristish royal family.
It is quite costly to make such a production, and it happens right now indicates that a royal wedding is on the way, said the British newspaper The Sun".
It has? I confess I've yet to come across anybody who is even interested in William and Kate.

The idea that their wedding would be widely welcome by the British people is something royal watchers believe, in reality that isn't the case imo.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I don't know that there's been much public polling about Kate and her relationship to William -- or at least I haven't read it if there is. This Australian paper editorial suggests that half of the British people approve of her, but there's no source for the statistic.

I think there's a general idea that people like a grand royal occasion, especially if there's a couple in love at the center of it.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 05-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Administrator

In regards what the British public thinks about William and Kate's relationship...I think its fair to say that one or two people can't speak for an entire nation.

With the economic situation as it is right now, I think everyone is really just trying keep their heads above water.

Closed Thread