The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post

I predict William and Kate will have a lot of kids, a la Philippe and Mathilde. Wasn't reported Kate wants a big family?
Now now we are putting the baby before the carriage so lets to it which carriage would they use in a wedding procession and what route would it take??

Old 05-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
One public outing and we are off again and running hardnow we have decided on the venue lets go for sex and names of the you guessed it BABY
LOL ... if William and Kate won't plan a royal wedding and marriage, we'll just have to do it for them!

And so, on that note, I'm betting three or four kids for W/K if they marry. Plenty of little royal babies to keep the public entertained.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 05-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Now now we are putting the baby before the carriage so lets to it which carriage would they use in a wedding procession and what route would it take??
Not sure there are that many options to get from Buckingham Palace (or Clarence House) to Westminster Abbey.

I think they use the Glass Coach for weddings as a rule, and an open carriage on the way back if the weather's good.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Not sure there are that many options to get from Buckingham Palace (or Clarence House) to Westminster Abbey.
(sigh) I suppose the route is fairly sure but wouldnt it be nice for a change to take a swing through the east end just for the hell of it Very good PR I should think. Alas I for one wont be waving my wand at a pumkin anytime soon. The glass carriage will come in its own good time. Still not sure who will be sitting in it though.. Nice however to see these two looking so relaxed together even if it did get us a little hyped.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
{sigh) I suppose the route is fairly sure but wouldnt it be nice for a change to take a swing through the east end just for the hell of it Very good PR I should think.
Well, knowing the British tabloid press, I'd assume the PR would be more along the lines of "Egads! Look how much money the royal family is wasting on security for the extra ride 'round the city!"

HM The Queen
Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Yeah, the only real choice is whether to use Admiralty Arch and Trafalgar Square or Horse Guards Arch.

If they do it at Westminster, I hope they don't put up that awful canopy from Andrew and Sarah's wedding. (I'm still personally hoping for St. Paul's though, if they ever get around to it.)
Old 05-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Majesty

With the continual complaints being heard about the cost of the royals I wouldn't be surprised with a St George's wedding.

It seems to me as if the British people don't want to pay for too much with regard to the royals and therefore it is possible that the Queen might opt for the more low key setting altogether, particularly in these economic times and with the massive Olympics overrun in costs.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I can see howls of protest about a St. George's wedding. It's so far out of London, for one thing. There are bound to be large crowds, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
With the continual complaints being heard about the cost of the royals I wouldn't be surprised with a St George's wedding.

It seems to me as if the British people don't want to pay for too much with regard to the royals and therefore it is possible that the Queen might opt for the more low key setting altogether, particularly in these economic times and with the massive Olympics overrun in costs.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I can see howls of protest about a St. George's wedding. It's so far out of London, for one thing. There are bound to be large crowds, too.

It's not that far out of London - about 40 minutes by train.

This is the problem - the crowds want the 'entertainment' but the British people seem to be unwilling to spend money on the royals at the moment.

To get a happy medium might very well mean a chapel like St Georges or the Chapel Royal in London - fewer people in the church by a long way but still able to have the crowds for a drive through the streets but then there will be the howls about security!!!! Can't win I think - they had better elope
Old 05-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Even if they swing the procession to or from St. George's out through the town, there just isn't all that much room in Windsor. I suppose they could cram a good number of people in the Long Walk, but then you run into transportation issues. The two train stations there aren't built for that many people. At least at Windsor & Eton Central, it's only possible to have one three or four car train on the track from Windsor to Slough at all.

The Chapel Royal would be a better choice, I think, because it's in the middle of London's infrastructure.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps we'll see William showing up at the Middletons' with a ladder and a get-away car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Can't win I think - they had better elope
Old 05-23-2009, 06:58 PM

Uh oh, looks like the BBC might know something!

BBC puts money on Prince William to marry Kate Middleton - Telegraph

So, what do you think? Is this really going to happen, will an engagement finally be announced - or is the media getting all hyped up over Wills & Kate's appearance at the polo event recently?

Old 05-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Southwark Cathedral, maybe? That'd give an excuse for a bit of a trawl round the East End, and it'd be a feather in the cap of the South Bank.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

The BBC also has programs ready for royal deaths, but it doesn't mean they've heard that someone has a terminal illness.

Quote:
"We plan ahead for different eventualities," says a spokesman, who is, though, unable to recall a single other occasion on which it has made such a programme.
IIRC, they made one for in case Prince Charles was assassinated at his investiture.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Ok this is going to sound odd but someone said royal engagements usually last about 6 months but would it be weird if they got engaged now and then waited a couple years to get married not only because of William's training but taking into consideration the state of the economy right now.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Ok this is going to sound odd but someone said royal engagements usually last about 6 months but would it be weird if they got engaged now and then waited a couple years to get married not only because of William's training but taking into consideration the state of the economy right now.

It would be weird for it to be announced.

Elizabeth and Philip had some sort of understanding from early in 47 if not earlier but Geoge VI wouldn't give his consent until after the South African tour.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are already unofficially engaged but no intention to marry until after the service in the SAR.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I have a feeling that the pair have at least had serious discussions about the future by now, even if they don't have an engagement unofficially cemented. I wouldn't be surprised if they are unofficially engaged either, though.

The BBC documentary certainly is interesting, but I don't think it's a green light that a wedding is go. I think it is yet another sign that things do seem to be heading in that direction eventually.

HM The Queen
Old 05-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Ya that's what I think too I'd be weird for them to announce it if they don't plan on marrying till after the SAR but I'd be excited as hell if they did , I have a feeling the board will crash the day it's announced. I'd be shocked if by now they weren't even just mentally engaged cause if we aren't anywhere close to heading down that road I don't see a reason for the relationship to continue so I'm inclined to believe something is going to happen soon.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Courtier

BBC makes Official Documentary to be aired on ....

Have they been tipped off?
Old 05-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Courtier

I thought William was doing service with the RAF Search and Rescue Unit for a few years before he took up royal duties. Will he have time to marry? If so, its about time!