The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Nobility

That's really stupid. I've heard about their engagement from 2005. And what? Nothing. I don't believe that until I see Kate with engagement ring on her finger like Victoria.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Is it really six weeks, that seems alot for the armed forces. But i suppose i have no perspective on whats alot, as i am not in the army hehe.
If not, Mr S and the dragonets have been awol quite a lot!

Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

I don't actually see William and Kate marrying any time soon, so I've just come to ignore all the rumours of "this year" and "this summer." They'll probably marry sometime after he's finished his RAF training, if they marry at all. I recently watched a CBC interview with Sarah, Duchess of York and she commented on how she felt the royal family had "learned" from her and Diana's marriages...she mentioned that Sophie had lived with Edward for five years before they married, whereas both Sarah and Diana had basically met and married their princes in little over a year. William is going to be king someday, so the royal family really doesn't want his reputation tainted by any messy divorce, and I think they're just "playing it safe" by encouraging William and Kate to have a very long courtship. Maybe from a "commoner" standpoint it looks odd, because they've definitely been dating long enough to be thinking about an engagement, but...this is the royal family and they have public relations to consider. A long courtship can't do much harm, but a too-hasty marriage definitely can...as the past has shown.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Gentry

i think they're definetly going to marry when he finishes his RAF training too, and also when he ends that chapter he will get much more envolved with royal engagements and then they'll do it
Old 04-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Nobility

the usual stories of will they, won't they rumors never cease to amuse.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I have a feeling William and Kate probably get quite a laugh out of some of these articles as well.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I have a feeling William and Kate probably get quite a laugh out of some of these articles as well.
I agree. And after 6-7 years of relationship royal family is used to Kate. She's never made any trouble, so I don't see problem. And Will said that he didn't want to marry before 28-30 years old.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Woman's Day

Just like Diana and Fergie before her, royal-in-waiting Kate is afraid dark forces are out to harm her.

Palace plot to destroy Kate Middleton

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Courtier

I can't bring up this link ...but with out reading it I just can't think why they would want to cause any harm to her rep...as long as she is linked to William what hurts her IMO hurts him.... the papers will stop at nothing to have a good story to sell!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

It's Woman's Day. Take no notice of it, but enjoy the quotes:

"William's girlfriend was left mortified last week after sordid revelations...about the business activities of her pal Emma Sayle, who runs an underground sex club... the paper described in graphic detail the kind of hedonistic behaviour that happens...

While there is no suggestion Kate is personally involved in the club or has ever visited it — and indeed the two women have not been seen publically together since...last year — sources say the mere fact that Kate has links to Emma is enough to do tremendous damage to the young royal-in-waiting's reputation.

The timing of the revelations...could not be worse, with respected French magazine Point De Vue reporting that an engagement announcement...is being prepared."

Apart from the purple prose - "left mortified, sordid revelations, graphic detail, hedonistic behaviour, tremendous damage, links to Emma" etc, and the increasingly-clichéd "sources say", whoever claimed that Point de Vue was "respected" for its engagement predictions?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Monarquía amenazada por falta de audiencia · ELPAÍS.com

Monarchy threatened for want of hearing
The British real family is the soap opera of more success and longer duration for all time. The ingredients could not have imagined them nor the most extreme scriptwriter: aristocracy, money, palaces, beautiful women, sexual places jet-Seth, loves and desamores, scandals, millionaire Arabs and, even, a tragic death, with conspiracy airs. And it has another additional factor to his favor, especially within the United Kingdom. One is a family with which, much more there of the logic and the reason, people identify themselves as if she had with her a sanguineous relation, or at least tribal. But today, although the scene is the same, the ratings lower, history loses gas. And the fault has the new generation, his more recent protagonists, those that assumed that they were going to stand out to the famous list that led Morning call of Wales: its older son, prince Guillermo, and his fianc2ee for five years, Kate Middleton.

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 04-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Talking

The ever reliable Katie Nicholls.

Kate Middleton may be desperate to wed Prince William, but as I revealed on Sunday - the Prince has no time to even think about a wedding!
Wills, who is training to be a search and rescue pilot with the RAF has used up all of his annual leave and wont be having any time off this year.

The future doesn't look bright for Waity Katie - Mail Online - Katie Nicholl's Celebrity Diary
Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Ye Gods? Though shall not consult the soothsayers.. My religion is a little rusty OK but thats in my bible somewhere I would quote the passage but cannot currently find the damn bible to look it up Well Having read the last few pages I remember why I promised myself I would never visit this thread again but back I sneak for my fix and pathetic it is and my opinion of the two people we discuss drops lower which speaks more about my personality than theirs because they seem determined to stay off the radar and while I respect that Its annoying me that WE HAVE NO DIRT or at least juicy gossip to amuse and entertain us...... Ok going to seek a personality transplant or at least a better clairvoyant who can tell me whats happening
Old 04-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Prince William will marry princess Madeleine in 2012? Good joke. Sorry Will, no chance with Maddy boyfriend. I hope they'll married after Victoria and Daniel.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Royal Highness

the longer this relationship continues, the more i'm convinced that it's going to be, in some sense, a repeat of his father's relationship with camilla. my prediction is they will be together for a while yet, then they will break up but remain friends and she will be a very close confidente but he will marry someone else. just my humble opinion.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Courtier

Well Duchess I really hope this is wrong. All though they say sometimes history does repeat itself... I would hope that William has learned from his parents mistakes. We will all have to watch and see!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:28 AM

As time goes by Katie seems the eternal girlfriend... I don´t see Wills decided to get engaged...
Old 04-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Does any one know when the 'engagement' is next supposed to be announced?

So far this year we've had - they would break up in two weeks, Kate's birthday, Valentine's Day and end of March, so I was wondering what the next date is?

I suppose William's birthday but maybe somewhat earlier than June - the Queen's birthday for instance?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

What about Easter?? And than we can have the next announcement on his birthday, and after that....
Announcing engagements must be a really good business for the press!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
the longer this relationship continues, the more i'm convinced that it's going to be, in some sense, a repeat of his father's relationship with camilla. my prediction is they will be together for a while yet, then they will break up but remain friends and she will be a very close confidente but he will marry someone else. just my humble opinion.
I don't agree with you. Kate is better treated than Camilla and she behave in this way that royal family accepted her. Chelsy wasn't as welcome as Kate. And I think that Chelsy and Harry are more like Camilla and Charles. They split up but they are close friends and even Harry finds another girlfriend he won't forget Chelsy. And Will said he don't going to married before 28 or 30. Kate knows about it. And who knows? Maybe she's not busy to go into marrage so quickly. Ends of party life, begin of parentship. Tabloid say that she's desperate, maybe unfair for her. Peter and Autumn married when they're 30,31 years. I think Kate and Will do the same.

Closed Thread