The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

It's not even a chicken-or-egg question. Party Pieces is geared toward children's parties. Half of their target are girls. Princess theme is a no brainer. Where do these writers go to school? I'd be sure not to send my children there.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Courtier

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Boy the press is after Kate this weekend. Hope she enjoyed her ski trip.

Revealed: Secrets of the Middletons' money and how Kate's ancestors made a fortune | Mail Online
The fact that this article had to be written is so ridiculous...the whole "common" thing is annoying. The snobs in William's inner circle who critique her background need to recognize that the public will love a "common" princess. Especially during these times...a family who got their wealth from hard work is to be respected.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

This is a really interesting piece on Kate's family history.

Wish my great-greats had been as enterprising and fortunate ... and good for Mom Middleton too that she's been a success in her business.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
The fact that this article had to be written is so ridiculous...the whole "common" thing is annoying. The snobs in William's inner circle who critique her background need to recognize that the public will love a "common" princess. Especially during these times...a family who got their wealth from hard work is to be respected.
More than anything, I think readers of this article need to realise that the comments listed have no provenance, apart from the ubiquitous 'unnamed source', 'close friends' 'courtiers' 'wannabes', 'used to walk down the same street friends', source.

IMO, these are comments invented by a journalist to make a story and perpetuated by this woman who has a 'new' book to sell!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Only 3 days of March left for William to propose in line with that French article!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Are they serious with this one. Kate’s parent's party supply company sells princess themed supplies for little girls. I’m shocked.

They must be getting desperate for some scandal.
I agree with you. So what if the company plans princess parties. Last i checked, they were parties planners and i know when i was a child i adored playing princess, dressing up an that. I think every party i had between 3 and 7 was a princess one??

x
Old 03-29-2009, 01:59 AM
Courtier

New Idea magazine in Australia is also running with the story ( according to a palace insider) that the engagement between Wills and Kate will take place soon and the marriage will take place in the summer. Royal houses across Europe have been told to keep their calendars clear!!!! They even have a pic of Kate fitting a cream coloured dress which tries to give the impression that she is fitting on a wedding dress. They must obviously think their readers were born under rocks.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I agree with you. So what if the company plans princess parties. Last i checked, they were parties planners and i know when i was a child i adored playing princess, dressing up an that. I think every party i had between 3 and 7 was a princess one??
x
If you go into Hamleys or any of the big supermarkets here in the UK, they all seem to have 'Princess' party tableware, tiaras, crowns and many sell the costumes. Are they also pushing their link to a royal?
Old 03-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Ah! But the really cool thing is the addition of "Fairy Wings". And every little girl want's to be a Fairly Princess. And of course one must never forget "The Fairy on to of the Christmas Tree".

Party planners or Mum's (or Nana's) with sewing machines have been fueling that rage since, oh . . . . I don't know, Tinkerbell? The first illustrated Christmas Tree complete with Fairy, or perhaps the publishing of Sleeping Beauty? Rose Red? Snow White? Or the more contemporary "Princess Bride".
Sorry about the corgi, but that was the nearest to a Prince Charming smiley I could find!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

A choice of prince Charmings for you!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
They even have a pic of Kate fitting a cream coloured dress which tries to give the impression that she is fitting on a wedding dress. They must obviously think their readers were born under rocks.
Wonder if they were the same sneak photos from four (or five) years ago. Kate was pictured through shop windows trying on two long dresses, a cream one and a red one. The cream one was very simple, similar to Vera Wang's style.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
New Idea magazine in Australia is also running with the story ( according to a palace insider) that the engagement between Wills and Kate will take place soon and the marriage will take place in the summer. Royal houses across Europe have been told to keep their calendars clear!!!! They even have a pic of Kate fitting a cream coloured dress which tries to give the impression that she is fitting on a wedding dress. They must obviously think their readers were born under rocks.

How many times now has No Idea run this story - at least twice a year for the last five I think

They may be right but unfortunately they have been wrong so many times that I will believe it when it is official and not before.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Incas, could be the picture you are referring to and

Iluvbertie, I have the same thought as you, I will wait till I see the announcement from Buck House. Just thought I would post that little bit to add to what was written in one or two European magazines.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 PM

Prince 'wants to fight in Afghanistan' - World News - World - General - The Canberra Times

Quote:
Asked whether he would get married soon, the prince replied, ''You'll have to wait and see.''
Uh oh! I guess he means "yes!" Because that sounds more like a yes rather than a no.

Oooh goody! A royal wedding in the works!

ETA: I know his spokesman denies this conversation ever took place, but you never know. William once told a reporter he'll wait till he's 28 or 30 to marry. And he's almost that age!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

It does sound that way, Sonjapearl, if the conversation did take place. Plus, the 28/30 thing fits in well with my "best guess" timeline for a William/Kate wedding, should it be in the cards. I'm guessing summer 2010 (which would be full of royal weddings just like 2004, if so), after William finishes his RAF training and before he begins his operational tour. And, of course, in summer 2010 he'll be turning ... 28.

All speculation, of course, but if I were a betting lady, that's where I'd put my money.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

Probably speculating on a W&K wedding in 2010.
I haven't seen the latest New Idea to be sure, the series of photos I was referring to was dated from 16 Jan 2006. In the series, Kate was seen clearly in a cream sleaveless long dress with a jeweled buckle to one side, and Carol Middleton was holding up another dress similarly styled. I couldn't access my Photobucket account right now (think I forgot the password).
Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry Kate, no time for a Royal wedding this year! Wills uses up 2009 holiday entitlement | Mail Online
Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

But what about all those 'palace insiders' and 'close friends' etc who have been saying that this is the year? Surely some of then knew that he was only allowed two weeks (from the point of view of an Aussie this seems rather short - we get four weeks here) and he always takes a skiing break.

Personally I don't think he has any intention of marrying until he has finished his full time training and I am not convinced that Kate will be the one - just gut feelings and no doubt tomorrow I will be proved wrong when they announce their engagement (although weren't we told it would be before the end of March - and then again February etc).

He will marry when, and if, he is ready and only then and all else is speculation. I find it fun to read the different alleged dates etc and see each of them pass with no annoucement and wonder how the reporters are able to sell the next one to their editors.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
He has used up his two weeks’ RAF holiday entitlement for 2009
Sorry Katie, your source is wrong again. The holiday entitlement is six weeks paid plus public holidays!
Old 04-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Sorry Katie, your source is wrong again. The holiday entitlement is six weeks paid plus public holidays!
Is it really six weeks, that seems alot for the armed forces. But i suppose i have no perspective on whats alot, as i am not in the army hehe.

No royal wedding, tbh I think that was pretty certain without the public announcement from dear Katie.

I'm beginning to think that all this talk about them getting married, then coming up with something that stops them getting married is just attention on a wedding that is never going to happen, or the press know something we don't, maybe their planning a secret wedding on a far away island and us back home are being told they'll never get married