The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can lambast Kate for having fallen on the floor. Have you ever fallen before? Tripping or falling down is not something that happens to everyone else but her, just because she's dating the future King of England.

It's stuff like this that makes me geuninely feel sorry for her, because it seems that no matter what she can't win. This was hardly comperable to Britney Spears or Paris Hilton flashing their business getting out of a car. Those were purposeful attempts to get paparazzi attention. This was a complete accident. Lay off her already.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
And what about Sarah Spencer (aside from being Diana's sister), Janet Watkins, Lucia Santa Cruz, David Sheffield, Amanda Knatchbull and Jane Wellesley?? Aside from fossils like me , they're not remembered by the masses. And once YOU break up with a prince, I think you can go on to have a decent life, just ask Jane! (IMO she would have been a great PoW.)
Wow! The PoW was very open-minded!

(sorry IowaBelle - had to laugh. Of course you and I and the other oldsters know you meant Davina Sheffield.)

I agree with you completely about Jane Wellesley.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can lambast Kate for having fallen on the floor. Have you ever fallen before? Tripping or falling down is not something that happens to everyone else but her, just because she's dating the future King of England.

It's stuff like this that makes me geuninely feel sorry for her, because it seems that no matter what she can't win. This was hardly comperable to Britney Spears or Paris Hilton flashing their business getting out of a car. Those were purposeful attempts to get paparazzi attention. This was a complete accident. Lay off her already.
Agreed, Sister Morphine -- it should be a non-issue, but some seemed to have picked up on tabloid criticisms. I think that's a shame.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ouch, NotAPretender. I meant Davina, although you've heard the rumors...

About unbecoming photos of Kate... I think the fault/blame should go more to the photographers. Haven't they learned anything from their constant need for exploitative photos? The girl deserves to have a life and some fun.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
it occurs to me that kate did not mind being photographed in hotpants / legs apart position on the floor because it was not a question of if but when it would happen on the day unless she is a professional rollerskater in her secret life.
OMG....I hesitate to ask what you think of the young lady having the nerve to wear bikinis, and Heavens, been photographed several times in them over the years?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Courtier

Not to be rude but here we have a TV show called what not to wear!!! Maybe some people would like Miss Middleton to get fashion tips from the York sisters then we can say how over the top she is in some odd sense. I think IMO that Miss Middleton's dress has grown into a younger style in the last couple of years and has a good out look on how she wants to be see or not seen she does rather well for all the bad press she puts up with ......I have seen more fashion do's then don'ts...of course no one has to agree with me ...
Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I've always liked Kate's clothes. I don't ever remember seeing her in an outfit that was truly awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Not to be rude but here we have a TV show called what not to wear!!! Maybe some people would like Miss Middleton to get fashion tips from the York sisters then we can say how over the top she is in some odd sense. I think IMO that Miss Middleton's dress has grown into a younger style in the last couple of years and has a good out look on how she wants to be see or not seen she does rather well for all the bad press she puts up with ......I have seen more fashion do's then don'ts...of course no one has to agree with me ...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I've always liked Kate's clothes. I don't ever remember seeing her in an outfit that was truly awful.
She really does have a fashion sense of an artistic personality-black and sophisticated.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Courtier

I was defending her!!! lol I was beeing sarcastic ............
Old 03-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

CONGRATULATIONS to the French magazine Point de Vue, which has produced a world exclusive revealing that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to get engaged this month and will be married in the summer

Daily Express | Blogs | Richard Palmer | How foreign hypocrites abuse our royals | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writers
Old 03-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Courtier

Well we all knew when we read the Magazine that it was Rubbish so now it is just offical Rubbish lol..........
Old 03-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
CONGRATULATIONS to the French magazine Point de Vue, which has produced a world exclusive revealing that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to get engaged this month and will be married in the summer

Daily Express | Blogs | Richard Palmer | How foreign hypocrites abuse our royals | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writers
wouldn't it be great if it was true, a french mag coming up with the enagement story that turns out to be true after all, thumbing the nose at the british media
Old 03-21-2009, 01:14 PM

Word is getting around....

OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Wills & Kate: The Wedding Can Wait!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that your first sentence was definitely tongue-in-cheek.

Quote:
I was defending her!!! lol I was beeing sarcastic ............
Old 03-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I thought that your first sentence was definitely tongue-in-cheek.

Was not ment to be against Kate..... It was ment for people who think they are fashion Police.....lol
Old 03-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that's how I took it, Lady Ann. I understand what you're saying.

Quote:

Was not ment to be against Kate..... It was ment for people who think they are fashion Police.....lol
Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Royal Highness

Boy the press is after Kate this weekend. Hope she enjoyed her ski trip.

Revealed: Secrets of the Middletons' money and how Kate's ancestors made a fortune | Mail Online

OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Wills & Kate: The Wedding Can Wait!

Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton cashes in by selling 'Princess parties' | News | News Of The World

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ths.html:ermm:
Old 03-22-2009, 03:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think we can chalk this up to blowback in the wake of Crown Princess Victoria getting engaged. Granted Will and Kate haven't been together as long as Victoria and Daniel have been, but I think behind those two....Will and Kate are the couple everyone wanted an engagement announcement from.

So now that Victoria is going to jump the broom, they want Will and Kate to do the same. So expect more rumors, conjecture, speculation and full-on prognostication in the coming months.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Boy the press is after Kate this weekend. Hope she enjoyed her ski trip.

Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton cashes in by selling 'Princess parties' | News | News Of The World
Are they serious with this one. Kate’s parent's party supply company sells princess themed supplies for little girls. I’m shocked.

They must be getting desperate for some scandal.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

The Daily Mail is certainly working overtime this weekend on Kate:
Chelsy Davy fumes over Kate Middleton's home truths | Mail Online

Aside from the Chelsy-Kate claim, scroll to the bottom. There is a brief announcement of William and Kate's flatmates at St Andrews getting engaged. So that leaves William and Kate in TBD status.