The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Nobility

I hope it is true and that they will announce something later this month. I love a royal wedding!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Commoner

Point de Vue Mag is so unreliable, its scary ! They never get anything right...When it comes to a confirmed engagement for William and Kate, I will most likely only trust The Sun as a reliable source (at 97% reliability id say). It is a tabloid, i admit, however, guess who first reported that Kate and Wills were more than roommates, and then more then friends, and then that they had split up, and then they were back together..

LOL I guess the Daily Mail would be quite peeved at not being the 1st to have the "exlusive" breaking news of an engagement....however, in my opinion, DM never really reveal anything to its right extent, they always leave us hanging which makes me suspect the person behind the info, is probably close to the couple, whereas The Sun, they go straight to the point and give us all the crunchy info ie. the facts :P

Hence, I will believe the rumors when i read them in The Sun...

Old 03-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Gentry

ohhhhhh, im' really excited, i really hopes this one is true!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Gentry

I don't think they will marry before Victoria of Sweden and Daniel. They might be an engaged couple by then, but who knows. If they have anything planned, they're not in any hurry to make an announcement. Personally, I think it's a good thing, as they don't really need to marry until they both want a family. Look how long his uncle Edward dated Sophie until they married, and that relationship looks like it's still going strong. Maybe they are looking to that as an example.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen View Post
Personally, I think it's a good thing, as they don't really need to marry until they both want a family. Look how long his uncle Edward dated Sophie until they married, and that relationship looks like it's still going strong. Maybe they are looking to that as an example.
I think it's certainly possible. Edward and Sophie seem committed and stable. They, along with The Queen and Prince Philip, would be the married couple I'd want to emulate if I were William and Kate.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 03-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Nobility

I agree. Edward and Sophie seem quite happy and content with their nice little family. I hope they are having a lovely life and I wish the same for Kate & William.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder and I guess that is all one can do until the big announcement but I suppose Kate cannot wait forever and her life has been on hold for ages. Rightly or wrongly it has been and a girl can't wait for Prince Charming forever.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Majesty

I wonder whether she'll be at the Cheltenham Festival this year?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Royal Highness

I have a feeling this time it might be true, although I don't see the need to rush it(March engagement, Summer wedding). I do have more faith in our supermarket tabloids such as the Enquirer, the Examiner, the Globe, etc. ever since they broke the story of John Edwards' love child during the presidential primary campaigns. They beat the mainstream press to it by six months! One of their favorite storylines is about the feud between William and Camilla - Camilla's trying to undermine William & Kate's relationship because she thinks if they get married, the Queen will skip over Charles and name William king, and Camilla will lose her chance at being Queen. It's either that or Camilla's drinking problem is destroying her marriage to Charles.
What is Point de Vue's sucess rate in predicting such things? I know the Enquirer will occassionally print a recap of stories that they were successful in breaking before the more mainstream press.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I do have more faith in our supermarket tabloids such as the Enquirer, the Examiner, the Globe, etc. ever since they broke the story of John Edwards' love child during the presidential primary campaigns. They beat the mainstream press to it by six months! One of their favorite storylines is about the feud between William and Camilla - Camilla's trying to undermine William & Kate's relationship because she thinks if they get married, the Queen will skip over Charles and name William king, and Camilla will lose her chance at being Queen. It's either that or Camilla's drinking problem is destroying her marriage to Charles.
What is Point de Vue's sucess rate in predicting such things? I know the Enquirer will occassionally print a recap of stories that they were successful in breaking before the more mainstream press.
So you do have more faith in publications that persist with stories about instances where the Queen may skip over Charles and name William King? Are these publications not aware that it is not in the Queen's powers to choose who succeeds her?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

I almost fell off my chair when I heard about the Point de Vue article but now I have steadied myself I suppose there is a 50/50 chance that an engagement announcement will be made at the end of March. I do hope that if no announcement is made, the magazine in question will issue a sincere apology to its readers!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I do have more faith in our supermarket tabloids such as the Enquirer, the Examiner, the Globe, etc. ---- ! One of their favorite storylines is about the feud between William and Camilla - Camilla's trying to undermine William & Kate's relationship because she thinks if they get married, the Queen will skip over Charles and name William king, and Camilla will lose her chance at being Queen. It's either that or Camilla's drinking problem is destroying her marriage to Charles.
Scary!!! As Muriel has pointed out, HM has no power to 'skip' Charles and I believe the Camilla stories were all debunked at the time. But I expect people will continue to lap up these silly stories!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Scary!!! As Muriel has pointed out, HM has no power to 'skip' Charles and I believe the Camilla stories were all debunked at the time. But I expect people will continue to lap up these silly stories!
Even if she had she might be old but not mad!!!

And on the Kate and Wills story, I will only believe it when I see them doing a press conference - these mags will write anything they want, they can speculate all day long with high profile names, an easy way to attract readers / buyers.

As for Point de Vue, I believe they are only changing subject after living off the Albert & Charlene to wed soon story for months and nothing happened - readers are not THAT stupid and at some point they need something that appears more likely to happen. Not sure if Wills and Kate are a good choice here but it's a good start as we can see even on this board, the story is already filling some pages!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I do hope that if no announcement is made, the magazine in question will issue a sincere apology to its readers!
Have they actually done that before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
As for Point de Vue, I believe they are only changing subject after living off the Albert & Charlene to wed soon story for months and nothing happened - readers are not THAT stupid and at some point they need something that appears more likely to happen. Not sure if Wills and Kate are a good choice here but it's a good start as we can see even on this board, the story is already filling some pages!
Watch - they'll hype up W&K and it'll really be A&C.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 PM

Hmmm, Pointe de Vue may not be telling the truth:

Daily Express | Blogs | Richard Palmer | How foreign hypocrites abuse our royals | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writers

If so, then that's twice that magazine wrongly reported a royal engagement was imminent, and therefore it loses its creditability.

And shame on me for writing a blog about it

Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Your blog did mention that PdeV had got it wrong before and might be getting it wrong again, so I wouldn't worry about it. You were reporting on the report, not on the event.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Your blog did mention that PdeV had got it wrong before and might be getting it wrong again, so I wouldn't worry about it. You were reporting on the report, not on the event.
Absolutely agreed. Blogging that a magazine has reported a story is very different than blogging that something is true because a magazine says so. Don't worry, Sonjapearl!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 PM

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Gentry

Woman's Day article: Summer Wedding for Wills and Kate?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

My goodness, the wedding meme is infectious! It's reached Australia now...

Closed Thread