The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
You're basically accusing Kate of being a gold-digger (or in this case, a crown-chaser). I think unsubstantiated slurs like that do everyone a disservice.

None of us knows what is in Kate's heart. Is she with William because she'd love him even if he had not two nickels to rub together, or is she with him because he's richer than sin and the future King? We don't know that and it's patently rude to speculate on it, because it slurs her character and to this point, she's done nothing to warrant such baseless claims.
I agree with this completely. Excellently put! We've heard nothing from Kate that would suggest the negative depictions of her that so many seem quite excited to repeat.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, I'm not sure but is Kate the one who says " guys get off.." (and I can't make out the rest), if not then I'll have another listen.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:34 AM
Serene Highness

I think it is actually Pippa.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post

How the RF proceeds with an engagement announcement regarding William will be much more planned and detailed than it had been with Peter.
Exactly. They would need much more time than 6 months or so. William's wedding won't be low key, even though he's not PoW as yet (if the family didn't have that methusalem gene he would be by now) I believe it will be on the same level as if he was, with Kings, Queens and foreign CPs attending. He will be the heir of one of the most important monarchies around after all.

All current CPs had between 11 months (WA & Maxima) and 7 months (Felipe & Letizia - but that was unusually rushed, Felipe later admitted they had needed more time to prepare). If the other waiting lady in the royal circle, CP Victoria, will commit before William let's see how much time the Swedish court will allow between engagement & wedding, but my guess is that will be more than just six months.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Majesty

The British Royals tend to only take about six months however - Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah in particular were announced in the January/February window and married in July so six months is plenty of time for them.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
You're basically accusing Kate of being a gold-digger (or in this case, a crown-chaser). I think unsubstantiated slurs like that do everyone a disservice.

None of us knows what is in Kate's heart. Is she with William because she'd love him even if he had not two nickels to rub together, or is she with him because he's richer than sin and the future King? We don't know that and it's patently rude to speculate on it, because it slurs her character and to this point, she's done nothing to warrant such baseless claims.
I totally agree Sister Morphine. I see the IF and Royal Truth KATE HATE SQUADS have found this place and are coming out of the woodwork. At least one poster from those sites is here spreading holiday cheer and they usually travel in packs. Get ready for heightened baseless accusations and slurs as evidence of William and Kate remaining together as a couple is undeniable and has made some people appear foolish, and as the press ramp up with engagement stories as we near Kate's birthday. And as her parents pack up to spend some private time with Charles and Camilla at Birkhall.

I guess those who now crow about her being DUMPED, etc. can shut their mouths since the evidence that they were as WRONG AS TWO LEFT SHOES is obvious to the blind. That garbage doesn't sell here.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Nobility

The Middletons invited Birkhall ALLEGEDLY

Kate Middletons parents invited to meet Prince Charles, Camilla

I THINK the parents have all met before (at William & Kate's graduation at a lunch William and Kate hosted for them) so as usual the press is incorrect on this point I think.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly. They would need much more time than 6 months or so. William's wedding won't be low key, even though he's not PoW as yet (if the family didn't have that methusalem gene he would be by now) I believe it will be on the same level as if he was, with Kings, Queens and foreign CPs attending. He will be the heir of one of the most important monarchies around after all.

All current CPs had between 11 months (WA & Maxima) and 7 months (Felipe & Letizia - but that was unusually rushed, Felipe later admitted they had needed more time to prepare). If the other waiting lady in the royal circle, CP Victoria, will commit before William let's see how much time the Swedish court will allow between engagement & wedding, but my guess is that will be more than just six months.
Just because an engagement is announced 6 months prior to the ceremony does not preclude planning to have been undertaken long before then. Parts of William's wedding ceremony I'm sure were in place as Charles and Diana were picking out baby names. These people are I think are a step above some tacky wedding planner planning a ceremony for someone down the block six months out.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn´t be surprised if Prince Charles wants to take a closer look instead of relying on newspaper reports. By now I think Mrs M will know a lot more about the upper classes and will leave her chewing gum behind and will probably be so nervous she won´t use the lavatory for the whole visit.

I agree plans for Prince William´s weddig will be well in place and will have been for some time, the only space on the paper will be for the bride´s name.
Anyway they seem to be going well ahead of the plan because they seem to have had a lot of honeymoons and no wedding in view - for now.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Nobility

If this is true, it is significant, bubble gum and "ladies room" or not, IMO.

I don't understand why such a staunchly proper people who perfected the English language IMO don't use "ladies room" for loo or toilet, which is such a vulgar term on its face.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

One of my favourite writers Oscar Wilde once said more or less -the Americans and English have much in common, except the language of course. This came to mind in the previous post, any chance of a translation? My fault of course, but does it mean that the engagement has been announced and I missed it?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I agree plans for Prince William´s weddig will be well in place and will have been for some time, the only space on the paper will be for the bride´s name.
Anyway they seem to be going well ahead of the plan because they seem to have had a lot of honeymoons and no wedding in view - for now.
Good for them. Here's to as many more as they want to take before their big day.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Nobility

No, it means to anyone but those who willfully want to deny that things appear to be just fine between the two.

Don't worry, AS SOON AS THEY ARE ENGAGED, YOU'LL HEAR FROM ME. TRUST ME ON THAT.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry language problem again, we don´t use the word toilet and ladies room sounds far too pretentious as does powder room etc etc. Upper classes here call it lavatory.
Loo is perfectly acceptable and one still hears spend a penny although it is far more expensive than that these days.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well her family doesn´t seem to mind and we haven´t heard anything from his.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Nobility

Why should they mind? They support her lifestyle and if they're fine with it, it's fine with me. It's THEIR BUSINESS, NOT MINE. You'll be waiting a long time to hear ANYTHING about William and/or Kate from Charles and Camilla.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

No need to tell me that Luv2, the fact is that one of us is going to be disappointed but c´est la vie.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Nobility

If they break up, fine, but I just don't see that on the cards now. Things long ago have gone way too far. If inviting her parents to Birkhall is true, it's just one more cog in the Queen's wedding carriage wheel.

And the day he gets married I'll be popping the cork, no matter what the bride's name is. Almost.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Exactly, Miss Middleton´s life and her family´s is their business and that is the difference, Prince William´s life and lifestyle, as the future King of England is very much the business of the British people who are becoming, if you can judge by the newspapers, a bit restless at how the younger royals are behaving....there are many British people who are more than a little nervous about this as they are very traditional and would hate the royal family to end up living on the continent and Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle turned into a museum.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Nobility

What exactly do Kate's vacation plans (or William's for that matter) have to do with the future of the monarchy?