William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we all knew when we read the Magazine that it was Rubbish so now it is just offical Rubbish lol..........

CONGRATULATIONS to the French magazine Point de Vue, which has produced a world exclusive revealing that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to get engaged this month and will be married in the summer

Daily Express | Blogs | Richard Palmer | How foreign hypocrites abuse our royals | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writers

wouldn't it be great if it was true, a french mag coming up with the enagement story that turns out to be true after all, thumbing the nose at the british media :)

I think we can chalk this up to blowback in the wake of Crown Princess Victoria getting engaged. Granted Will and Kate haven't been together as long as Victoria and Daniel have been, but I think behind those two....Will and Kate are the couple everyone wanted an engagement announcement from.

So now that Victoria is going to jump the broom, they want Will and Kate to do the same. So expect more rumors, conjecture, speculation and full-on prognostication in the coming months.

Boy the press is after Kate this weekend. Hope she enjoyed her ski trip.

Revealed: Secrets of the Middletons' money and how Kate's ancestors made a fortune | Mail Online

The fact that this article had to be written is so ridiculous...the whole "common" thing is annoying. The snobs in William's inner circle who critique her background need to recognize that the public will love a "common" princess. Especially during these times...a family who got their wealth from hard work is to be respected.

The fact that this article had to be written is so ridiculous...the whole "common" thing is annoying. The snobs in William's inner circle who critique her background need to recognize that the public will love a "common" princess. Especially during these times...a family who got their wealth from hard work is to be respected.
More than anything, I think readers of this article need to realise that the comments listed have no provenance, apart from the ubiquitous 'unnamed source', 'close friends' 'courtiers' 'wannabes', 'used to walk down the same street friends', source.

IMO, these are comments invented by a journalist to make a story and perpetuated by this woman who has a 'new' book to sell!:nonono:

Only 3 days of March left for William to propose in line with that French article!

Are they serious with this one. Kate’s parent's party supply company sells princess themed supplies for little girls. I’m shocked. :nonono:

They must be getting desperate for some scandal. :ROFLMAO:
I agree with you. So what if the company plans princess parties. Last i checked, they were parties planners and i know when i was a child i adored playing princess, dressing up an that. I think every party i had between 3 and 7 was a princess one??

x

New Idea magazine in Australia is also running with the story ( according to a palace insider) that the engagement between Wills and Kate will take place soon and the marriage will take place in the summer. Royal houses across Europe have been told to keep their calendars clear!!!! They even have a pic of Kate fitting a cream coloured dress which tries to give the impression that she is fitting on a wedding dress. They must obviously think their readers were born under rocks.

I agree with you. So what if the company plans princess parties. Last i checked, they were parties planners and i know when i was a child i adored playing princess, dressing up an that. I think every party i had between 3 and 7 was a princess one??
x
If you go into Hamleys or any of the big supermarkets here in the UK, they all seem to have 'Princess' party tableware, tiaras, crowns and many sell the costumes. Are they also pushing their link to a royal?:rolleyes:

:previous: Ah! But the really cool thing is the addition of "Fairy Wings". And every little girl want's to be a Fairly Princess. And of course one must never forget "The Fairy on to of the Christmas Tree".:princess3:

Party planners or Mum's (or Nana's) with sewing machines have been fueling that rage since, oh . . . . I don't know, Tinkerbell? The first illustrated Christmas Tree complete with Fairy, or perhaps the publishing of Sleeping Beauty? Rose Red? Snow White? Or the more contemporary "Princess Bride".:princess: :corgi:
Sorry about the corgi, but that was the nearest to a Prince Charming smiley I could find! :D

:previous: A choice of prince Charmings for you!:D
flowers-006.gif
crusader.gif
knight-horse.gif

They even have a pic of Kate fitting a cream coloured dress which tries to give the impression that she is fitting on a wedding dress. They must obviously think their readers were born under rocks.

Wonder if they were the same sneak photos from four (or five) years ago. :ermm: Kate was pictured through shop windows trying on two long dresses, a cream one and a red one. The cream one was very simple, similar to Vera Wang's style.

New Idea magazine in Australia is also running with the story ( according to a palace insider) that the engagement between Wills and Kate will take place soon and the marriage will take place in the summer. Royal houses across Europe have been told to keep their calendars clear!!!! They even have a pic of Kate fitting a cream coloured dress which tries to give the impression that she is fitting on a wedding dress. They must obviously think their readers were born under rocks.

How many times now has No Idea run this story - at least twice a year for the last five I think:lol:

They may be right but unfortunately they have been wrong so many times that I will believe it when it is official and not before.

Incas, could be the picture you are referring to and

Iluvbertie, I have the same thought as you, I will wait till I see the announcement from Buck House. Just thought I would post that little bit to add to what was written in one or two European magazines.

Prince 'wants to fight in Afghanistan' - World News - World - General - The Canberra Times

Asked whether he would get married soon, the prince replied, ''You'll have to wait and see.''
Uh oh! I guess he means "yes!" Because that sounds more like a yes rather than a no.

Oooh goody! A royal wedding in the works! :ROFLMAO:

ETA: I know his spokesman denies this conversation ever took place, but you never know. William once told a reporter he'll wait till he's 28 or 30 to marry. And he's almost that age!

It does sound that way, Sonjapearl, if the conversation did take place. Plus, the 28/30 thing fits in well with my "best guess" timeline for a William/Kate wedding, should it be in the cards. I'm guessing summer 2010 (which would be full of royal weddings just like 2004, if so), after William finishes his RAF training and before he begins his operational tour. And, of course, in summer 2010 he'll be turning ... 28. ;)

All speculation, of course, but if I were a betting lady, that's where I'd put my money.

Probably speculating on a W&K wedding in 2010.:flowers:
I haven't seen the latest New Idea to be sure, the series of photos I was referring to was dated from 16 Jan 2006. In the series, Kate was seen clearly in a cream sleaveless long dress with a jeweled buckle to one side, and Carol Middleton was holding up another dress similarly styled. I couldn't access my Photobucket account right now (think I forgot the password:ermm:).

But what about all those 'palace insiders' and 'close friends' etc who have been saying that this is the year? Surely some of then knew that he was only allowed two weeks (from the point of view of an Aussie this seems rather short - we get four weeks here) and he always takes a skiing break.

Personally I don't think he has any intention of marrying until he has finished his full time training and I am not convinced that Kate will be the one - just gut feelings and no doubt tomorrow I will be proved wrong when they announce their engagement (although weren't we told it would be before the end of March - and then again February etc).

He will marry when, and if, he is ready and only then and all else is speculation. I find it fun to read the different alleged dates etc and see each of them pass with no annoucement and wonder how the reporters are able to sell the next one to their editors.

Sorry Katie, your source is wrong again. The holiday entitlement is six weeks paid plus public holidays!:ROFLMAO:

Is it really six weeks, that seems alot for the armed forces. But i suppose i have no perspective on whats alot, as i am not in the army hehe.

No royal wedding, tbh I think that was pretty certain without the public announcement from dear Katie.

I'm beginning to think that all this talk about them getting married, then coming up with something that stops them getting married is just attention on a wedding that is never going to happen, or the press know something we don't, maybe their planning a secret wedding on a far away island and us back home are being told they'll never get married :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom