William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're basically accusing Kate of being a gold-digger (or in this case, a crown-chaser). I think unsubstantiated slurs like that do everyone a disservice.

None of us knows what is in Kate's heart. Is she with William because she'd love him even if he had not two nickels to rub together, or is she with him because he's richer than sin and the future King? We don't know that and it's patently rude to speculate on it, because it slurs her character and to this point, she's done nothing to warrant such baseless claims.

I agree with this completely. Excellently put! We've heard nothing from Kate that would suggest the negative depictions of her that so many seem quite excited to repeat.

Thanks, I'm not sure but is Kate the one who says " guys get off.." (and I can't make out the rest), if not then I'll have another listen.

I think it is actually Pippa.

How the RF proceeds with an engagement announcement regarding William will be much more planned and detailed than it had been with Peter.

Exactly. They would need much more time than 6 months or so. William's wedding won't be low key, even though he's not PoW as yet (if the family didn't have that methusalem gene he would be by now) I believe it will be on the same level as if he was, with Kings, Queens and foreign CPs attending. He will be the heir of one of the most important monarchies around after all.

All current CPs had between 11 months (WA & Maxima) and 7 months (Felipe & Letizia - but that was unusually rushed, Felipe later admitted they had needed more time to prepare). If the other waiting lady in the royal circle, CP Victoria, will commit before William let's see how much time the Swedish court will allow between engagement & wedding, but my guess is that will be more than just six months.

The British Royals tend to only take about six months however - Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah in particular were announced in the January/February window and married in July so six months is plenty of time for them.

You're basically accusing Kate of being a gold-digger (or in this case, a crown-chaser). I think unsubstantiated slurs like that do everyone a disservice.

None of us knows what is in Kate's heart. Is she with William because she'd love him even if he had not two nickels to rub together, or is she with him because he's richer than sin and the future King? We don't know that and it's patently rude to speculate on it, because it slurs her character and to this point, she's done nothing to warrant such baseless claims.
I totally agree Sister Morphine. I see the IF and Royal Truth KATE HATE SQUADS have found this place and are coming out of the woodwork. At least one poster from those sites is here spreading holiday cheer and they usually travel in packs. Get ready for heightened baseless accusations and slurs as evidence of William and Kate remaining together as a couple is undeniable and has made some people appear foolish, and as the press ramp up with engagement stories as we near Kate's birthday. And as her parents pack up to spend some private time with Charles and Camilla at Birkhall.

I guess those who now crow about her being DUMPED, etc. can shut their mouths since the evidence that they were as WRONG AS TWO LEFT SHOES is obvious to the blind. That garbage doesn't sell here.:rolleyes:

Exactly. They would need much more time than 6 months or so. William's wedding won't be low key, even though he's not PoW as yet (if the family didn't have that methusalem gene he would be by now) I believe it will be on the same level as if he was, with Kings, Queens and foreign CPs attending. He will be the heir of one of the most important monarchies around after all.

All current CPs had between 11 months (WA & Maxima) and 7 months (Felipe & Letizia - but that was unusually rushed, Felipe later admitted they had needed more time to prepare). If the other waiting lady in the royal circle, CP Victoria, will commit before William let's see how much time the Swedish court will allow between engagement & wedding, but my guess is that will be more than just six months.
Just because an engagement is announced 6 months prior to the ceremony does not preclude planning to have been undertaken long before then. Parts of William's wedding ceremony I'm sure were in place as Charles and Diana were picking out baby names. These people are I think are a step above some tacky wedding planner planning a ceremony for someone down the block six months out.

I wouldn´t be surprised if Prince Charles wants to take a closer look instead of relying on newspaper reports. By now I think Mrs M will know a lot more about the upper classes and will leave her chewing gum behind and will probably be so nervous she won´t use the lavatory for the whole visit.

I agree plans for Prince William´s weddig will be well in place and will have been for some time, the only space on the paper will be for the bride´s name.
Anyway they seem to be going well ahead of the plan because they seem to have had a lot of honeymoons and no wedding in view - for now.

If this is true, it is significant, bubble gum and "ladies room" or not, IMO.

I don't understand why such a staunchly proper people who perfected the English language IMO don't use "ladies room" for loo or toilet, which is such a vulgar term on its face.

One of my favourite writers Oscar Wilde once said more or less -the Americans and English have much in common, except the language of course. This came to mind in the previous post, any chance of a translation? My fault of course, but does it mean that the engagement has been announced and I missed it?

I agree plans for Prince William´s weddig will be well in place and will have been for some time, the only space on the paper will be for the bride´s name.
Anyway they seem to be going well ahead of the plan because they seem to have had a lot of honeymoons and no wedding in view - for now.
Good for them. Here's to as many more as they want to take before their big day.:D

No, it means to anyone but those who willfully want to deny that things appear to be just fine between the two.

Don't worry, AS SOON AS THEY ARE ENGAGED, YOU'LL HEAR FROM ME. TRUST ME ON THAT.:lol:

Sorry language problem again, we don´t use the word toilet and ladies room sounds far too pretentious as does powder room etc etc. Upper classes here call it lavatory.
Loo is perfectly acceptable and one still hears spend a penny although it is far more expensive than that these days.

Well her family doesn´t seem to mind and we haven´t heard anything from his.

Why should they mind? They support her lifestyle and if they're fine with it, it's fine with me. It's THEIR BUSINESS, NOT MINE.:) You'll be waiting a long time to hear ANYTHING about William and/or Kate from Charles and Camilla.

No need to tell me that Luv2, the fact is that one of us is going to be disappointed but c´est la vie.

If they break up, fine, but I just don't see that on the cards now. Things long ago have gone way too far. If inviting her parents to Birkhall is true, it's just one more cog in the Queen's wedding carriage wheel.:D

And the day he gets married I'll be popping the cork, no matter what the bride's name is. Almost.:D

Exactly, Miss Middleton´s life and her family´s is their business and that is the difference, Prince William´s life and lifestyle, as the future King of England is very much the business of the British people who are becoming, if you can judge by the newspapers, a bit restless at how the younger royals are behaving....there are many British people who are more than a little nervous about this as they are very traditional and would hate the royal family to end up living on the continent and Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle turned into a museum.

What exactly do Kate's vacation plans (or William's for that matter) have to do with the future of the monarchy? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To each his reach. Just those words sound low budget for a class of people who spend alot of time in the "drawing room.":lol::lol:

Just because an engagement is announced 6 months prior to the ceremony does not preclude planning to have been undertaken long before then. Parts of William's wedding ceremony I'm sure were in place as Charles and Diana were picking out baby names. These people are I think are a step above some tacky wedding planner planning a ceremony for someone down the block six months out.

I was referring to the suggestion that there is January engagement and a June wedding. I don't think that's possible. It's a major security operation, very much unlike 1981 and the media involvement has quadrupled or so since then. Plus, and I am repeating myself, the country is not in a mood for a wedding. Britain is one of the most affected countries by recession and things are likely to get worse this or even next year. Today they are talking about new bailouts and that if they had had a crystal ball they wouldn't have applied for the Olympic Games that are already stretching finance or security to the limit. I stick with my opinion, a royal wedding at this stage does not give a popularity boost but will rather harm and as there is no urgency for William to get married at this stage anyway, the BRF will carefully listen to the public view.

btw I think this does belong into the musings thread, maybe a moderator is kind enough to shift :flowers:

I was commenting on the time frame between an engagement announcement for these two and their wedding day. I was not speculating on a 2009 wedding, which I in no way shape or form will occur. I am more of the mind that nothing will happen until William's training is complete in the next several years.

It can be the year 2309 when guests can be beamed into the church, I maintain that SOME of the plans for that ceremony whenever it occurs are in place. A royal wedding could exactly be something to gin up spirits, much like the Queen and Duke of Edinborough's wedding in 1947. No, this is not 1947, but hearts and national pride don't change be it 1947 or 3947.

I was commenting on the time frame between an engagement announcement for these two and their wedding day. I was not speculating on a 2009 wedding, which I in no way shape or form will occur. I am more of the mind that nothing will happen until William's training is complete in the next several years.
completely agree :flowers:

It can be the year 2309 when guests can be beamed into the church, I maintain that SOME of the plans for that ceremony whenever it occurs are in place.

Also agree - but depending on how long William intends to wait guests won't be beamed into church anymore - by then there will be a virtual church and those who are still interested in the monarchy are welcome to be conferenced in.

If they break up, fine, but I just don't see that on the cards now. Things long ago have gone way too far. If inviting her parents to Birkhall is true, it's just one more cog in the Queen's wedding carriage wheel.:D

And the day he gets married I'll be popping the cork, no matter what the bride's name is. Almost.:D
Soa re you saying it is too late to dump her! I hope not, look William will be gone for a few years, and if he realizes he does not want to marry her and save himself from a bad marriage, then I suggest he does. He hasn't proposed to her after all of these years, never even hinted at it. Oh yeah, I wouldn't really believe about the Scottish trip either.

So are you saying it is too late to dump her! I hope not, look William will be gone for a few years, and if he realizes he does not want to marry her and save himself from a bad marriage, then I suggest he does.
I have to admit to being curious, where is he going for a few years? :D

Let's settle down and watch as events unfold, if they do.
We've been through the "heightened engagement speculation fever" often enough to not get too carried away.
We'll all know the truth if an engagement is announced, and if it isn't, we'll get ready to open Part 2 of the Wills 'n Kate Engagement rumours and ramblings and repetitions thread.
Whichever event occurs first at least some of our members will be happy. :)

If we find ourselves the focus of unwanted attention from people who come here with the sole purpose of playing games, they'll be seen off as the last game-player was seen off.

Keep calm, keep cool, and enjoy the show, whatever it brings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom