The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I am pointing this out in the nicest possible way, Charles was in the Navy, not the Army.
Oh I'm sorry!
Typical civilian gaffe.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Nobility

I think there is pressure that comes naturally with the playing out of future rolls, especially of Kate, where one's every notion gets filtered by a profundity of expectations, obligations and responsibilities. Sometimes one can think of the fairy tale inclinations where there is a happy ending and life is good along the way. And the truth is Kate is traveling upon a wonder in journey to finding what she does fitting. She is being led by William into acceptance and affinity to the likeliness of being considered for the throne. I think it is no small measure and yet sometimes one must relate to everyone and not only her betters. What goes on behind doors is fathomable only through our imagination but I bet there is allot of self criticizing and looking within. One knows through the environment of our World's nestle that there are checks and balances and thus order, and in that order right and wrong. I'm one to believe it will be trying and challenging for anyone of power to choose for the many what is to be done time upon time. For that I give credit to Kate and as well to William for imagining, perfecting, and participating in all mannered ways, keeping in mind the sake of their country and fellow man. Wow is what comes to my mind. For that I keep visiting here in awe. It's nice to follow everyone's voice. Sometimes though I have nothing to say. So excuse me if I may seem seldom to write. I enjoy thoroughly. Good day.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Oh, should I be shocked, but she has to marry someone???
My grandmotherīs twin was a perfectly happy maiden lady......
But, I do hope Kate gets married, just not to Prince William.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
William still needs the permission of Parliament, if he doesn't get the Queen's personal permission.
Unlike you or I his marriage is a political matter as well as a personal one.
I agree wholeheartedly that is my objection to Kate, but I canīt imagine Prince William even if he has the permission of Parliament, going against his grandmotherīs wishes. Even Prince Charles only really declared he was going to marry Camilla after his grandmotherīs death. He really loved his grandmother and if I am not mistaken she did not want him to marry Camilla.
Before anyone says anything here, I am glad he did.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

Charles was known to have had a very close relationship with his grandmother. I haven't seen any article/interview to claim William and the Queen has a similarly close bond.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
Charles was known to have had a very close relationship with his grandmother. I haven't seen any article/interview to claim William and the Queen has a similarly close bond.
Not necessarily a bond but a deep respect for his grandmother and sovereign.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Courtier

So do you think this deep respect for his grandmother is what is holding up his marriage." Now I am not putting words were they should not be" but I don't believe there has ever been a statement from any one the Queen, Charles, William, Kate, CH, ect...any one either for or against Kate... I have seen many pictures of Charles and Kate at the same functions also the Queen. At Royal weddings even when William was not there. IMO this speaks loudly of some type of approval! Right???
Old 01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actually I think we were talking about a possible marriage in the future, and that Prince William would respect his grandmotherīs wishes. There is no evidence that Kate has ever actually met the Queen or even talked to her, I think we were discussing this some time ago. She went to these functions because the Prince invited her as his guest, or in the case of the wedding because Peter and Autumn invited her. Once the Queen is actually seen accompanied by Kate, then we can be sure that a wedding is in the offing, but being present at the same venue is no indication at all except that Kate is Williamīs friend (or girlfriend) and that is why she was there.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Well, I know she is the Queen and all but she is also a grandmother not being from the same background ...I cant put my head around that she would not meet someone that William has been dating so long. so why there is no evidence that they have spoke. IMO I can't see HM letting it go this long with out a word to Miss Middleton. but then again what do I know...lol ...
Old 01-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Once the Queen is actually seen accompanied by Kate, then we can be sure that a wedding is in the offing, but being present at the same venue is no indication at all except that Kate is Williamīs friend (or girlfriend) and that is why she was there.
In my view, it is highly unliklely that the Queen will be photographed with Kate unless the palace are getting ready to put out an engagement announcement. I think it is highly unlikely that the Queen and Kate have not met in an informal setting, probably on more than one occassion..... far away from prying lenses.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

You may be right but I wouldnīt bet on it.....perhaps she has seen her through her racing binoculars.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Majesty

It is more likey tohave been a cup of tea at Windsor for the first meeting, and perhaps a relaxed lunch at another time.
Going completely off topic, do people think that the Queen and DoE ever visit Highgrove?
Old 01-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have never heard of them visiting Highgrove, in one biography I read the Queen preferred to go to Princess Anneīs place to visit, at least when P. Aīs children were young.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen has certainly been to Highgrove:

Queen finally meets the mistress of Highgrove - This Britain, UK - The Independent
Old 01-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It is more likey tohave been a cup of tea at Windsor for the first meeting, and perhaps a relaxed lunch at another time.
I assume they would have at least shared a few words at William's passing out at Sandhurst, Peter Phillips's wedding, or Garter Day '08, and I'll bet their initial meeting probably went the way you suggest, muriel, something like an informal cup of tea with the family.

I do doubt that the two have met privately together, though. That seems like something that HM would only do when/if the two marry.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Ah yes...I thought that there was a noted meeting between the Queen and Camilla at Highgrove, but I couldn't remember when it was or whether Charles and Camilla were married at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Old 01-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Aristocracy

After watching the recent events of the past year concerning William and Kate, I highly doubt he ever intends to marry her.
He seems to have left for the RAF a single man and Kate is still very much a single woman.
I haven't seen too many people I've known ,live together for a few years then not live together and end up married.
Pr. William seems to be growing as Kate seems to not be doing much.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Aristocracy

They've been dating for 7 years, just went on a romantic holiday and seemed quite happy, I feel like they will marry. If Prince William sees that Kate isn't the girl for him, then I think he would have separated her for good a while ago.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Aristocracy

I think he did what he wanted to do. Spent time with her before he left, but no engagement and no proposal.
I can only go by her status that he left her in, she is girlfriend of a Prince, he may or may not marry her. I am of the opinion that her mother's reported words about a wedding never happening were quite honest and real.
She is still a girlfriend after all these years, I don't think she will ever go further than being William's girlfriend. Despite her family support and being invited to events and supposedly liked by William's family, he hasn't proposed. I don't believe he ever will.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I canīt help wondering if Kate will look at anyone else or that hope will keep her going into old age. Perhaps she gets enough satisfaction out of being the Princeīs girlfriend and being invited to all the places that the Prince goes to with the people surrounding the younger royals. I hope not, if this is really not going anywhere it is time for her to go back absolutely to being single.
It was said, way back, that when Diana was thought to be the ideal partner for Prince Charles he asked Camillaīs opinion..... I wonder if Kateīs opinion will be asked one day in the future. For her sake I hope not.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMay View Post
She is still a girlfriend after all these years, I don't think she will ever go further than being William's girlfriend. Despite her family support and being invited to events and supposedly liked by William's family, he hasn't proposed. I don't believe he ever will.
I am beginning to think Kate has no pride. It was fine for the first few years out of university, but it's getting too long now. I get the distinct feeling she is being used by William, and that she should get out now while the getting's good. Of course I might be wrong, and hope I am, but that is the way I am beginning to see her situation....and the fact I'm currently reading "Cupid and the King" - in particular the part about Charles II & Nell Gwynne - probably doesn't help.

Unless they are already unoffically engaged, I would like to see Kate gather together whatever pride she has left and get out and start doing something that will establish her as an intelligent and competent individiual in her own right, and someone William would be a fool to let slip through his fingers.