The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Courtier

I think everyone is assuming a lot of things even that they are soul mates. I don´t think there is any doubt that William is reluctant to commit himself just now. Later, well we will see.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I think everyone is assuming a lot of things even that they are soul mates.
Absolutely, they could both just be a bunch of ditherers, with nothing better to do, who have spent their 20s in an exclusive relationship, even though they are may not even be "soul mates"! How plausible does that sound?

Old 12-18-2009, 04:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Absolutely, they could both just be a bunch of ditherers, with nothing better to do, who have spent their 20s in an exclusive relationship, even though they are may not even be "soul mates"! How plausible does that sound?
Your theory sounds very plausible. It also appears like they are dickering.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:19 AM
Courtier

I don´t believe that Prince Williamis exactly wasting his twenties, he has a very attractive young lady who is willing to fit in whenever she is needed and I am sure she is very good company, but so many women waste their twenties and even thirties waiting for the proposal that never comes, now that, to me, is a terrible shame. Perhaps in this case it will be different, but we read every day in newspapers of people in much longer relationships than this that end up with the girl crying her lost years. For Kate´s sake I hope this won´t happen to her, but I think Prince William is managing his side of life very well indeed, one day he will be King and perhaps he will have a Queen by his side, who it will be I think it is too soon to say.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Queen tells Kate Middleton: It's family ONLY at Sandringham this Christmas

Quote:
Kate Middleton has been frozen out of the royal Christmas celebration at Sandringham this week, The People can reveal.

Prince William's long-term girlfriend is said to be "sad and disappointed" at the Queen's decision. She has joined in the Royal Family's festive fun three times in the past four years.

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy and Zara Phillips' rugby player boyfriend Mike Tindall have also been surprisingly snubbed after the Queen banned all non-married partners.
Read more: People.co.uk - Queen tells Kate Middleton: It's family ONLY at Sandringham this Christmas
Old 12-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Non-family members are never invited to the Christmas celebrations. This article is much ado about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post

Read more: People.co.uk - Queen tells Kate Middleton: It's family ONLY at Sandringham this Christmas
Old 12-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Wow...what a scoop.

We seem to have forgotten that in addition to the Kate will be at Sandringham for Christmas stories there are also the Kate can't come because she wants to spend one last Christmas with her family as well as the Family Only at Sandringham stories.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

What I especially liked was this quote from the article:

Quote:
Kate, 27, had even taken lessons in gun-handling so she could join in the pheasant shooting.
Now, really, you'd think that she'd have had some gun-handling lessons before last year since she went pheasant shooting then. Did she need more suddenly?
Old 12-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton Seen Splashing The Cash in Selfridges

Quote:
KATE Middleton has been seen buying Prince William’s Christmas present.
Kate Middleton Seen Splashing The Cash in Selfridges | Showbiz Spy - celebrity news, rumors & gossip
Old 12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Wow...what a scoop.

We seem to have forgotten that in addition to the Kate will be at Sandringham for Christmas stories there are also the Kate can't come because she wants to spend one last Christmas with her family as well as the Family Only at Sandringham stories.

Ah but this year we haven't had the Kate refused the Queen's invitation - maybe because the papers got sick of stating an abvious lie.

This story as well is so much rubbish as non-engaged partners have never been invited (and as the custom is to announce engagements in the New Year I can't think of any engaged but not yet married partner who would fall into this category anyway).

Ms Middleton has never been asked to Sandringham for Christmas in my opinion so she has never 'refused' the Queen's invitation and probably isn't all that disappointed this year as she didn't get an invitation in any other year.

More hoopla trying to force the public into believing that this couple are about to get engaged and this has being going on for at least 5 years now. I remember waking up in 2005 seeing the headlines 'royal engagement' and thinking 'Well William and Kate are finally engaged' only to read further and find out that it was Charles and Camilla. As a result I don't believe the British press know anything about the state of this relationship and are simply writing stuff to get the public to buy their products and the public swallow this guff hook, line and sinker encouraging the press to write more of it.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Royal Highness

I have to agree with Zonk' theory here that Kate could technically be spending the last "Christmas" with her own as opposed to there isn't anything that is going to happen.We will have to wait.The Queen's supposed asking them to wait 2012 is bewildering.Did anyone ask her to wait regarding The Duke or did she insist and marry at twenty one?
For me it has been quite drawn out.
I find it a bit of a sadistic situation with the elements of the aleatory involved.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Regarding the Queen and Duke, yes, her father did ask her to wait to marry the Duke and she then went on the tour of Africa with her parents. It was rumored that they actually became engaged a year before it was finally announced in July of 1947.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Majesty

The problem with the 'last Christmas' story is that that has been the story for the last five years - that Kate has refused the invitation to spend a 'last Christmas' with her family.

It is nothing new for her not to be there and for this idea to be around.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
What a surprise. I am truely shocked by this article, it's not like this is the first time i've heard this.

I agree with iluvbertie, i believe she has never been invited and she has never turned it down.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
Regarding the Queen and Duke, yes, her father did ask her to wait to marry the Duke and she then went on the tour of Africa with her parents. It was rumored that they actually became engaged a year before it was finally announced in July of 1947.
What I would like to stress is that the Queen was not asked to wait for years on end as the Queen did with her sister Princess Margaret and Townsend. The Queen does have this tendency; if it is her allegedly behind the delay and not just Prince William with cold feet. Hence I feel Prince Charles could not stand up to Queen as he should have regarding Camilla in the first place.
The period of time the Queen was asked to wait and then go to South Africa and that which Kate Middleton is waiting are incomparable.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Majesty

Assuming that William and Kate have even discussed this issue with the Queen.

That she has suggested that the younger generation take longer to get to know each other after the disasters of Charles, Andrew and Anne marriages I can believe.

That she would insist on 7 or more years is not something I believe that she would do but rather she is more likely to have suggested marriage by now if they were really serious.

The longer they are together without a formal commitment the more I think that William isn't sure and doesn't want to make a mistake and marry the wrong woman and thus might end up not marrying at all.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Courtier

I also cannot believe that the Queen would insist on such a long wait. I think the crux of the problem is that Prince William is not sure he wants to marry yet and as his girlfriend seems to be quite happy to tag along, why should he?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Administrator

From the same article... two categories of royal experts proved wrong (again). Didn't we read exactly the same this time last year? And the year before?
Quote:
But the absence of girlfriends will disappoint romantics, who believed there was to be a Royal engagement over the holiday.
Quote:
Royal watchers had been convinced that an announcement of her engagement to William would be announced in the next few days.
Maybe it's better to stick with 'royal insiders' and 'royal sources'.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
The Queen's supposed asking them to wait 2012 is bewildering.Did anyone ask her to wait regarding The Duke or did she insist and marry at twenty one?

I dont know if it is ture that the Queen is asking them to wait... but I do remember the Queen was asked to wait to marry..

"The young couple kept their engagement a secret, until it was leaked to the press. The engagement was controversial, and both of Elizabeth’s parents were opposed. It was not until April 1947 that Elizabeth’s father, King George VI, gave them permission to marry." Wikki.....
Old 12-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I dont know if it is ture that the Queen is asking them to wait... but I do remember the Queen was asked to wait to marry..

"The young couple kept their engagement a secret, until it was leaked to the press. The engagement was controversial, and both of Elizabeth’s parents were opposed. It was not until April 1947 that Elizabeth’s father, King George VI, gave them permission to marry." Wikki.....

And even then it wasn't announced until July - after the return from South Africa.

Some accounts even suggest that the hope was that being away from him for so long might make Elizabeth change her mind and call it off before being forever commited to a man they didn't think was right for her.