The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1961  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:12 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
Miss Middleton was allowed to be invited under special circumstances.
The mysterious "allowed to be invited" and the unstated "special circumstance" eh?
So cryptic, and so designed to tease. Yet you wonder why members are cynical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis
...it has never been my intention to...fluster so many
No? OK then, what is your intention?
Let's cut to the chase and stop the game-playing. What exactly are you saying and why are you saying it?
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #1962  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The mysterious "allowed to be invited" and the unstated "special circumstance" eh?
So cryptic, and so designed to tease. Yet you wonder why members are cynical.

No? OK then, what is your intention?
Let's cut to the chase and stop the game-playing. What exactly are you saying and why are you saying it?

And so say all of us........
__________________

__________________
  #1963  
Old 12-15-2008, 07:09 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
This has obviously displeased quite a few. That's fine... although it has never been my intention to cause offense or fluster so many by posting something that is still unfamiliar.
Yeah right!

I'm with Warren and Menarue on this one.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1964  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
I might as well add what I've already said on another forum... I have no interest in posting gossip or speculations.
Which is why you post on a Royal forum in a thread called: William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings. Makes sence.
Quote:
Having said that, I do find it incredible that the very suggestion of any thing outside of the scope of the collective imagination of "royal observers" is immediately shunned. Anything not within the acceptable range of possibilities is dismissed .
That thread is filled with fantasist scenarios and out of the wood suggestions. You obviously haven't been paying attention. And what would 'collective imagination' mean? Are you suspecting us of Borg-type hive thinking?
Your posts are discredited, not because people don't like what you write (I, for once, would love it if you were right), but because you bring no real insight, you contradict yourself post after posts and after and when your theories are proved wrong by facts you come up with a very convenient insider knowledge tidbit with retro-active effect.

Now, I am fully aware I am giving you exactly what you want: attention. And I won't be doing that again.
Have a nice, long, delightful life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
The absolute most logical explanation for that? Nothing has changed in the relationship; they're neither engaged nor separated, no matter what any of us wants. They're just together.
Absolutely.
__________________

  #1965  
Old 12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: new york city (these days), United Kingdom
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The mysterious "allowed to be invited" and the unstated "special circumstance" eh?
So cryptic, and so designed to tease. Yet you wonder why members are cynical.

No? OK then, what is your intention?
Let's cut to the chase and stop the game-playing. What exactly are you saying and why are you saying it?
Have I really been so unclear? I think I've been abundantly clear in stating a fact without elaborating on it . I believe it's more the fact that I will not provide details that displeases so many.

Because it is still unfamiliar to the general public many prefer to dismiss me and I really don't mind in the least. It seems it's much preferred that everyone remain on the same footing or general level of ignorance while posting... So much more democratic that way...


As far as public opinion is concerned, how do so many even come to the conclusions they hold?

Many rely completely on their observations and the bits of information that are doled out at random intervals in the press or in biographies. These odds and ends of incomplete information are arranged into colourful theories, almost impressionistic in nature because of all the layers upon layers of assumptions that are taken for much more than they are - namely assumptions and guesses.

Fine. That's the point of a public forum and it is one kind of public discourse. I am simply saying there is more here than meets the eye.



-Karagiosis
__________________
  #1966  
Old 12-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: new york city (these days), United Kingdom
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i'm not sure how you can have proof without, as you said in post #1761, "no confidences have been betrayed as a result of my little post" and in post #1778 "What I have said is based on a complete knowledge of the fact; but to be clear, I am not writing on any one's behalf nor in any official capacity".. unless william/catherine have personally told you something to support your post then you have no proof. if they have told you then you would be betraying their confidence. personally it makes no difference to me whether or not your have personal knowledge so it hasn't displeased me at at...just pointing things out.
I have never contradicted myself. I've been very careful with what I've said. And contrary to what some may perceive as proof of anything, there has been no "evidence" to disprove what I've said.


-Karagiosis
__________________
  #1967  
Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Dear Karagiosis, I have no opinion about this relationship so could you just enlighten me about what you are trying to say??
There was a two week deadline about "news" that did not come forth. They were photographed together shooting some poor birds or something.......
I do not believe that this relationship however casual or serious it may be, it is there to cover something else although I suspect this is the suggestion you are trying to make.
BTW is the Karagiosis of the Spatharis fame??
__________________
  #1968  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:01 PM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
For some reason, I'm reminded of the story about the boy that cried "wolf".
__________________
  #1969  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
I have never contradicted myself. I've been very careful with what I've said. And contrary to what some may perceive as proof of anything, there has been no "evidence" to disprove what I've said.
Gosh! I hate myself for always taking a bait but: you said they were not linked romantically or I quote 'otherwise'.
Cue pictures of them together. They may be just friends, but that would be included in 'otherwise' no? That would be called a contradiction.
And yes, you have been very careful to say nothing that is verifiable.
At this point, if the Telegraph announced their slip on first page tomorrow, I would just think you had a lucky timing, nothing more.
__________________

  #1970  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
Have I really been so unclear? I think I've been abundantly clear in stating a fact without elaborating on it . I believe it's more the fact that I will not provide details that displeases so many.

Because it is still unfamiliar to the general public many prefer to dismiss me and I really don't mind in the least. It seems it's much preferred that everyone remain on the same footing or general level of ignorance while posting... So much more democratic that way...
I think you're missing the real issue ... when someone comes on to an internet forum and claims to have insider information, that person is almost always doubted. This is an anonymous form of communication, and when you claim to have the kind of knowledge that you're claiming, there's always going to be a healthy amount of skepticism.

Plus, framing it the way that you're framing it -- this "I know something exciting and big, but I'm not going to tell all of you exactly what it is, and if you don't believe me, you're being ignorant or dismissive" business -- isn't really going to convince a lot of people, IMO.
__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
  #1971  
Old 12-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
I have never contradicted myself. I've been very careful with what I've said. And contrary to what some may perceive as proof of anything, there has been no "evidence" to disprove what I've said.


-Karagiosis
but not careful enough. you said that you you have complete knowledge of the facts....if you have complete knowledge of the facts then you could only have "complete" knowledge if it had been told to you by either william or catherine...otherwise it would be heresay...and then you would be betraying a confidence (which you said you haven't). if you have been told by either william or catherine that they don't have a relationship (which has obviously been disproven, at the very least they're friends) and you're on a public forum telling people about that confidence, and you are supposedly believeable, then one/or both would have given their blessing for you to make that "intimate" knowledge public, in which case you would be speaking in an official capacity. you also say that there's no "evidence" to disprove what you've said. there is indeed evidence to disprove it....as we saw in the photographs this past weekend there is a relationship. perhpaps if you have 'complete knowledge" you should posting in the current events thread as this thread is for rumours and musings. perhaps your choice of threads is correct though since you give no evidence to support you posts thus making those posts rumours and musings.
__________________
Duchess
  #1972  
Old 12-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: new york city (these days), United Kingdom
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Dear Karagiosis, I have no opinion about this relationship so could you just enlighten me about what you are trying to say??
There was a two week deadline about "news" that did not come forth. They were photographed together shooting some poor birds or something.......
I do not believe that this relationship however casual or serious it may be, it is there to cover something else although I suspect this is the suggestion you are trying to make.
BTW is the Karagiosis of the Spatharis fame??
Odette, I only wrote that for what it's worth, in a couple weeks or so it will become apparent on a wider scale. That's all.



While I do not provide any tangible evidence, I also think many take their own observations as proof enough of their own assumptions. I hope this will make sense.




-Karagiosis

( Happiest of Holidays to all...)





P.S. Nothing to do with Spatharis... I'm independent
__________________
  #1973  
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,270
I think that you're playing a game with us. Games without resolution one way or another become quite tiresome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
Odette, I only wrote that for what it's worth, in a couple weeks or so it would become apparent on a wider scale. That's all.



While I do not provide any tangible evidence, I also think many take their own observations as proof enough of their own assumptions. I hope this will make sense.




-Karagiosis

( Happiest of Holidays to all...)





P.S. Nothing to do with Spatharis... I'm independent
__________________
  #1974  
Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Odette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
Odette, I only wrote that for what it's worth, in a couple weeks or so it will become apparent on a wider scale. That's all.



While I do not provide any tangible evidence, I also think many take their own observations as proof enough of their own assumptions. I hope this will make sense.




-Karagiosis

( Happiest of Holidays to all...)





P.S. Nothing to do with Spatharis... I'm independent
I am as confused as I was before but at least you have a sense of humour....
Happy Holidays to you as well
__________________
  #1975  
Old 12-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Smiley Girl's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4
It would be a bit unromantic to announce the engagement now i mean isnt he running off with the navy next year?
__________________
  #1976  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,667
I want to start off by saying I am not pointing fingers directly at anyone here but....

Does anyone remember playing a game as a child which something like this ...'I have a secret and I am not telling you - ha, ha, ha'.

This game came to mind over the last day or so while reading this thread.

I might add my friends and I stopped playing it about 3rd or 4th grade. Do kids that young still play it?
__________________
  #1977  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:43 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
but not careful enough. you said that you you have complete knowledge of the facts....if you have complete knowledge of the facts then you could only have "complete" knowledge if it had been told to you by either william or catherine...
..... unless "karagiosis" is one of william or kate!
__________________
  #1978  
Old 12-16-2008, 05:03 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Thanks for the link! Is she holding one of the dead pheasants in that photograph? I can't quite tell.

As long as it isn´t a dead peasant
__________________
  #1979  
Old 12-16-2008, 06:27 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
I am simply saying there is more here than meets the eye.
You're actually saying nothing.
Putting lots of blank lines into your posts to make them appear much larger does not disguise the lack of substance.

I note that you have failed to "cut to the chase" as requested. Your game is becoming tiresome.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #1980  
Old 12-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
As long as it isn´t a dead peasant
That reminds me of a wonderful tongue twister that we used to practice in the playground (well there was one version for the classroom and another for the playground - I will give you the classroom version and you can work out the playground version yourselves I am sure).

I am not the pheasant plucker
I am the pheasant plucker's son
And I'm only plucking pheasants
Till the pheasant plucker comes.


I hope that no one will take offense but it certainly helped some of the class you had trouble with the 'ph' and 'pl' sounds.

I am sure that many of you have also heard it before.


A pheasant plucker was a peasant (later a farmhand - remembering that pheasants are shot in winter so the farmhand could supplement his income and probably they still do where pheasants are shot - I can't imagine the Royals plucking their own pheasants) whose job was exactly what it sounds like - to pluck the feathers etc from the shot pheasant before it was cooked or stored.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009 Warren Prince Harry and Prince William 2017 01-01-2010 11:18 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]