The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:18 AM
Aristocracy

How do we know they are still a couple? Sorry those pics dont prove it IMO all it proves is that they are still friends at the very least. What if they have indeed called it a day, but still remain friends with benefits?

Old 12-14-2008, 03:52 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Well, I suppose nothing can really prove it at this point short of an engagement, then. We've never really known at all, either. Maybe they've just been friends "with benefits" this whole time. Maybe she's really a reptile from the planet Xthckclsx.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Very clever. I wonder if she's be true to her family heritage and choose one of these.
I prefer #1562 but she might like another.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
Who said anything about inviting ex's to kill things with.
Very romantic, a lot of birds killed, plenty of blood and gore. Very romantic indeed.
But, it does look as though they are still together, the royal family only invite very good friends to kill animals with them.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy

The truth is no-one but those two know the true state of their relationship. It could very well be they are friends only still or they are still together as before, but pics or what the press dont prove what the true state of it is. One thing we do know is that she isnt nursing a broken heart nor are they not speaking to one another.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Jo, I was fascinated by your explanation of 10 Downing. I never knew all of that stuff. I always wonder if the legend is true, that BP, St James, KP, Westminster, and Downing St are connected by underground tunnels.
I think this is true, except for KP. At least you can read about it on the more reliable of the "tunnel" or "underground" pages. They claim that there is a tunnel going from BP to the atomic bunker under Whitehall. This would make sense, as the technology of building tunnels (ventilation etc.) already existed when Whitehall started to take up the space it now has, going very close to Buckingham Palace. So they could have build it during the late 19th.century already when canalisation and other tunnels were build all around London, so nobody would have left reports about The Mall being opened up for tunnel building because it happened anywhere all the time back then. I found information that the existing system of "Q-Whitehall" as it is called was extended in the 1950s.
NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Military citadels under London

The tunnel from BP is said to be under The Mall, so Clarence House and St. James' Palace most probably have access to it. But I think it has never been proven that this system of tunnels is in any way connected to the tube system though this is an urban legend. Based probably on the fact that one of the abandonned stations on the Piccadilly line were used during the war by the War Cabinet and that there is a track leaving the line behind Green Park Station towards BP but it seems this track is only to park trains during off-peak hours and ends away before BP could be reached.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I suppose Karagiosis could argue that it hasn't been 2 weeks yet as the first post appeared on the 3rd December and it is only the 14th now in Australia - still 13th in the US so still a couple of days to go until we hear that they have broken up is Karagiosis' information is correct.
Well, Karagiosis said, IIRC, that they had no relationship whatsoever: this is untrue as they at least are "hunting friends" (as we say in Germany: people who trust each other enough to relax when anyone has a weapon and is determined to shoot - they know the other won't shoot at them...). And no royal security officer would let a probably furious girl (who has allegedly just experienced that her dreams of becoming a princess have been destroyed by her former boyfriend) into the vicinity of said prince on holding a weapon. Just think about that for a moment.... LOL! Come on, Karagiosis. think twice before making up stories!

As for her/his other claims: it may be the truth, but the plausibility is rather low, so many people discount the information. Simple as that.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

I would assume they are still together - shooting in the freezing cold countryside isn't really the place for public displays of affection??? I think that they are just continuing at a very low profile until a big announcement.

I think the girl looks like one of the Spencer cousins - one of Sarah or Jane's girls??????
Old 12-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Dunno about awkward, but self-preservation ought to play a role here. I mean, how likely is it that he's just broken up with her and left her feeling hurt and angry, so he invites her over for the weekend and puts a large gun in her hand?
Not a good idea, unless she has a kind and forgiving nature!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:31 AM

I think you must be a laidback, easygoing kind of person to date a guy like William. I say his girlfriend (even more his wife) would need to have a lot of tolerance for BS.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
Before any one's imagination gets carried away... I will reiterate, Prince William and Miss Middleton are absolutely not tied to one another.

Miss Middleton was allowed to be invited under special circumstances.

-Karagiosis
while you have no proof of this, neither do any of us have proof otherwise. however, you say they are not tied to one another....would they take the risk of being photographed together if they weren't tied to one another? obviously they have some sort of relationship...beit friendship or romance. as you originally said....we'll see what the next couple of weeks brings.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really don´t think that the photographer was that close to them, it would be far too dangerous for a pap to get so close to Princess Diana´s son when he was holding a gun...
Old 12-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
while you have no proof of this, neither do any of us have proof otherwise. however, you say they are not tied to one another....would they take the risk of being photographed together if they weren't tied to one another? obviously they have some sort of relationship...beit friendship or romance. as you originally said....we'll see what the next couple of weeks brings.
Perhaps you misunderstood me... I never said I had no proof. I simply stated a fact without elaborating on it any further... all of which is still true by the way

This has obviously displeased quite a few. That's fine... although it has never been my intention to cause offense or fluster so many by posting something that is still unfamiliar.

-Karagiosis
Old 12-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
How do we know they are still a couple? Sorry those pics dont prove it IMO all it proves is that they are still friends at the very least. What if they have indeed called it a day, but still remain friends with benefits?
How likely is that in the real world?
Old 12-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
Perhaps you misunderstood me... I never said I had no proof. I simply stated a fact without elaborating on it any further... all of which is still true by the way

This has obviously displeased quite a few. That's fine... although it has never been my intention to cause offense or fluster so many by posting something that is still unfamiliar.

-Karagiosis
i'm not sure how you can have proof without, as you said in post #1761, "no confidences have been betrayed as a result of my little post" and in post #1778 "What I have said is based on a complete knowledge of the fact; but to be clear, I am not writing on any one's behalf nor in any official capacity".. unless william/catherine have personally told you something to support your post then you have no proof. if they have told you then you would be betraying their confidence. personally it makes no difference to me whether or not your have personal knowledge so it hasn't displeased me at at...just pointing things out.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
How likely is that in the real world?
Very likely and just as real as an engagement or does that seem to be the only real conclusion to some that he will end up married to her? Because some swallow the press speculation.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

There's middle ground between being engaged and being "just friends" and that is being in a relationship with each other which they have been for 5 years now.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Amen, Isana.

This whole are they/aren't they conversation is getting a bit silly, IMO. What evidence do we have that they were ever having problems, aside from tabloid speculation and the hopes of some that William would dump Kate? I don't understand why some keep pushing this line about a break up, except that they want them to break up, and it's that "if you say it enough it will happen" logic.

A couple of things are clear to me: Kate almost certainly attended the Highgrove birthday party last month, and this weekend she was invited to one of the Queen's royal estates by the man she's been dating for years. The absolute most logical explanation for that? Nothing has changed in the relationship; they're neither engaged nor separated, no matter what any of us wants. They're just together.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
Very likely and just as real as an engagement or does that seem to be the only real conclusion to some that he will end up married to her? Because some swallow the press speculation.
No point in jumping the gun, luv! Don't know of many couples who split up after years of being together, and a short while after they split, one agrees to spend a weekend at a house party at the home of their former partner, and that too, smiling.

I am not suggesting they are getting engaged - I never have (I think its to premature for that, and the earliest engagement would be at Xmas 2009 / early 2010, with a wedding in the summer of 2010), but then nor have I suggested that they have split up. This is just the tabloids trying to fill column inches, and IMO, a few gullible people lapping it all up!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Nothing has changed in the relationship; they're neither engaged nor separated, no matter what any of us wants. They're just together.
Quite right!

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press