The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Hmm place your bets people all profits to charity of the winning ladies choice of course, the race is on but my bet is on QE2 disqualifying anyone she deems to be 'underweight' or a 'ring in' The Future Queen of England will have her approval thats for certain.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Majesty

Definitely. Perhaps a square-heeled evening pump will reach out and trip one of the contestants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
The Future Queen of England will have her approval thats for certain.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Majesty

I can see someone doing a sketch like this. Just remember: if you see it, it was my idea first. I demand royalty payments (pardon the pun)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Oh Mermaid, my keyboard got spluttered with my evening coffee. The idea of them ready to race is so funny. One of them (?) has a very determined expression and is out to win by hook or by crook.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I have just come home from doing my shopping and while waiting to be served at the supermarket I picked up and read that most reliable of Australian magazines "New Idea". This magazine has William and Kate on the cover and quotes the usual 'unnamed palace source' as saying that the reason they are keeping a low profile at the moment is that this is the last chance they will get as .... wait for it .... she is going to Sandringham this Christmas because the engagement is going to be announced at Christmas.
Hmmm, I saw that magazine when I was shopping the other day, but I didn't deign to pick it up. After so many years of other such "Kate and Will's Wedding Joy" stories gracing the covers of women's magazines, I've grown just a wee bit skeptical of it all. . . (note the sarcasm). Oh well, it will be interesting to see there is any announcement this Christmas, though of course I seriously doubt it. :)

Wouldn't it be funny if there is an engagement announced in the next few weeks and we all look back to our cynical, disbelieving posts that we're all posting just now and shake our heads in wonderment and amusement. . . not that such a scenario is at all likely, but still, imagine the irony of it!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Given the frequency of predictions, one of them eventually has to be right.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Editrix View Post
Hmmm, I saw that magazine when I was shopping the other day, but I didn't deign to pick it up. After so many years of other such "Kate and Will's Wedding Joy" stories gracing the covers of women's magazines, I've grown just a wee bit skeptical of it all. . . (note the sarcasm). Oh well, it will be interesting to see there is any announcement this Christmas, though of course I seriously doubt it. :)

Wouldn't it be funny if there is an engagement announced in the next few weeks and we all look back to our cynical, disbelieving posts that we're all posting just now and shake our heads in wonderment and amusement. . . not that such a scenario is at all likely, but still, imagine the irony of it!
I only ever read them if I have to wait in the queue at the supermarket so I will probably get to read quite a few over the next few weeks in the lead up to Christmas and then the post-Christmas sales.

I do have a friend who insists on buying them and believing everything that they write in there - even when they contradict themsevles over something but the consequence is that if there are ever 'royal' stories she makes sure that I see it.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Given the frequency of predictions, one of them eventually has to be right.
Yes, but which prediction will be correct? Speculation is fun, but it's also maddening at times, especially in cases like this when we've waited so many years!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Editrix View Post
Yes, but which prediction will be correct? Speculation is fun, but it's also maddening at times, especially in cases like this when we've waited so many years!

But not as long as Katie!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Why can't these two make up their minds? Don't they have a sense of duty to our voyeuristic tendencies, to come out with a decision, so we can get on with speculating about the details of the wedding, titles, protocol.........
Old 12-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Why can't these two make up their minds? Don't they have a sense of duty to our voyeuristic tendencies, to come out with a decision, so we can get on with speculating about the details of the wedding, titles, protocol.........

You forgot, who is going to get an invitation, who is going to make the dress, what is the dress going to look like, which tiara will the Queen lend her(sorry perhaps she will wear the Middleton family tiara) etc etc.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Good point! - although I think we have been waiting almost as long Kate. . . certainly ever since the relationship was made public, which is several years ago now.

Quote:
Absolutely! I agree! They ought to be more considerate of us royal-watchers. This suspense is simply dreadful, and we haven't had a good royal wedding in ages - not since Mary & Frederik and Felipe & Letizia in 2004. Charles and Camilla's wedding doesn't count, and Peter & Autumn's wedding was a relatively low-key affair - it barely made it onto the news here in Aus, only an extremely brief 10-second segment. . . I was very disappointed.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
You forgot, who is going to get an invitation, who is going to make the dress, what is the dress going to look like, which tiara will the Queen lend her(sorry perhaps she will wear the Middleton family tiara) etc etc.
Absolutely.... and then there is the all important matter of the costs of the wedding. Irrespective of who picks up the tab, what better opportunity for our seasonsed whingers to have a good complaining session!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Absolutely.... and then there is the all important matter of the costs of the wedding. Irrespective of who picks up the tab, what better opportunity for our seasonsed whingers to have a good complaining session!
´Don´t be unfair Muriel, as a taxpayer you know that the royal family costs absolutely nothing more to the British citizen than an old fashioned farthing, sous, tikkie, etc.penny, cent..... per annum.
......and a wedding probably even less.....
Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Have any royal engagements ever been announced during the Christmas Holidays??
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Well, she's got quite a few to choose from!

The Middleton tiaras
Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
Well, she's got quite a few to choose from!

The Middleton tiaras
Tee-Hee.

I keep checking back in here to see if anything has gone on (an engagement, a break-up)!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Majesty

None in the British Royal Family, at least within my memory. They tend to be in February or March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Have any royal engagements ever been announced during the Christmas Holidays??
Old 12-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Definitely. Perhaps a square-heeled evening pump will reach out and trip one of the contestants.
personally I picture the corgis en masse dragging the unlucky one to the ground and feasting on her corpse. Did I say corgis?? I ment the media of course. No worries people with all the speculation breakup/ engagement half of us will be right And the other half can enjoy the next fifty years of New Idea and its like telling us why he should have married her/she was the right one/one and only. Or why it was the biggest mistake he ever made and the worst choice by any heir in history. A Christmas engagement wouldbe a surprise to me at least. But then I do love a happy ending
Old 12-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Nobility

I don't see an engagement coming anytime soon, but then again never have and nver have seen one. So I am fine.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Edward and Sophie's engagement was announced on January 6th. Depending on what time of day it was announced, it was still during liturgical Christmastide.

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press