Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Majesty

I guess we'll find out in two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karagiosis View Post
Hello again!

Although the scepticism with which my news has been received is perhaps only natural on an anonymous forum, I think it might be worth repeating what I have already explained on another forum :

-"Karagiosis"

Old 12-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
However I would not be the first to admit that this form of anonymous communication is often the most prudent and effective means of conveying ideas or news. Sometimes it is the only option... after all, "anonymity" and discretion do sometimes go hand in hand...
I don't know ... I'd be more apt to believe that silence and discretion were the better-matched pair. Posting information on the internet that is apparently supposed to be confidential doesn't really sound so discreet to me.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Majesty

I'm wondering why someone is bothering to announce something that we'd eventually find out about anyway. If Kate and William were split up, why would they wait another two weeks to announce it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I don't know ... I'd be more apt to believe that silence and discretion were the better-matched pair. Posting information on the internet that is apparently supposed to be confidential doesn't really sound so discreet to me.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What I have said is based on a complete knowledge of the fact; but to be clear, I am not writing on any one's behalf nor in any official capacity.
Good grief, you're not one of those blooming fortune tellers are you?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Royal Highness

She could be Maria Papapetros,the famous medium that predicts the future of many artists and celebrities........and whose predictions are usually proved wrong...
Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think we've had enough fun speculating about the identity of Karagiosis; perhaps we can get back on topic. I've removed a few posts which were pushing this diversion too far.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 12-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm wondering why someone is bothering to announce something that we'd eventually find out about anyway. If Kate and William were split up, why would they wait another two weeks to announce it?
excellent point mermaid.

Quote:
Hello again! What I have said is based on a complete knowledge of the fact; but to be clear, I am not writing on any one's behalf nor in any official capacity.-"Karagiosis"
only someone who knows either william or catherine personally would have that kind of information and at that either william or catherine would have had to tell them that they have ended any kind of relationship - romantic or friendship (i.e. either william or catherine would have had to tell this poster otherwise it's nothing more that what we do here....speculate). if this person doesn't have a connection then taking it with that grain of salt, as was advised earlier, is a good idea. at any rate, i'm anxious to see if anything noteworthy pans out in two weeks time.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Courtier

If it is true...how unfortunate for Kate.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

If it were true, I think it would be unfortunate for them both. Plus, if a breakup really is in the cards, there's no way for us to know which of them initiated it.

I'm still convinced they're probably just laying low and not appearing in places with cameras. I have a feeling that they like evading the media glare (and keeping us guessing in the process).

HM The Queen
Old 12-06-2008, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Avoiding the cameras by missing important events such as the Princes´ farewell party when they went on the trek? Seemingly not to go to some events that Chelsea went to, unless she went in and out hidden in the boot of a car.
Time will tell for sure.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Courtier

The press goes way harder on Kate than Chelsea, probably because they think Chelsea will not make it all the way. Tina Brown said that recently...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

Something is brewing

Kate Middleton's 'vulnerable' mother speaks out for first time - Telegraph

Not sure it's an engagement because something tells me there is no protection given here.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

^I smell a round 5 of the Kate/Catherine controversy. Won't be taking part.

She sounds whiny, not to mention rather hypocritical. She doesn't want to be a celebrity yet she speaks to Mandrake, who is the celebrity editor of the Telegraph? Kate posed for Hello, Pippa is in this week issue giving Christmas advises, James wrote for Tatler.
Not courting attention from celebrity-obssessed publications at all.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
^I smell a round 5 of the Kate/Catherine controversy. Won't be taking part.
That was one of my immediate thoughts when I read the column too, Idriel!

This certainly is interesting, though I don't know exactly what it might signify - perhaps something, perhaps nothing. My question for the Brits on the board is this: I know that "Mandrake" is a sort of pseudonym for the group of reporters that write and edit this column. Are there anonymous people working for them at society events to get information, or are their identities clearly known? Basically, I wonder if Carole knew she was speaking to a journalist or not.

HM The Queen
Old 12-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Basically, I wonder if Carole knew she was speaking to a journalist or not.
OMG! I hope she is not that stupid!
Old 12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I'm not implying stupidity at all - you're taking my post out of context. It's more a question about how the Mandrake column works - if there are "spies" out at these society functions, or if the people garnering the information are clearly known as members of the press. I wondered the same thing about the reported Princess Beatrice/Katie Nicholl conversation at the roller disco charity event. I certainly wasn't suggesting then that Beatrice was stupid, and I'm not suggesting that about Carole now.

HM The Queen
Old 12-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Basically, I wonder if Carole knew she was speaking to a journalist or not.
It's pretty clear she knew excatly who she was talking to.
Or at least, it is to be hoped she doesn't indulge in self-pitying rants with strangers whose background and profession she doesn't even know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
The press goes way harder on Kate than Chelsea, probably because they think Chelsea will not make it all the way.
I don't that's in the least bit true. Chelsy has been trashed left and right from the beginning while Kate had a long honeymoon with the press. The coverage of Kate is now mostly negative (often with reason, imo), but it wasn't always the case.
Even now, improvements in Chelsy's dress sense and demeanor are credited to Kate.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Just out of curiosity, but what's all the fuss? Have they stopped being seen together again? I'm a bit out of the loop I guess, but as far as I knew the last time, they'd very publicly gotten back together. Mind you that was donkey's years ago.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

That's basically it, Empress. They were last photographed together in September at a wedding in Salzburg. Kate was last photographed when she was caught by paparazzi allegedly talking on her phone while driving in October. Some people have construed her absence from photos as evidence of a possible breakup. There were multiple verbal reports that Kate attended Charles's birthday party at Highgrove, but only a few of the guests at the party were photographed, and neither of the royal girlfriends were pictured.

HM The Queen
Old 12-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

For crying out loud, is that what all of the fuss is about. Maybe she's just become a bit better at avoiding the press and the all encompassing desire to know the color of her leg hair a bit better than some other previous girlfriends of high profile people. Heaven knows she is beginning to act like some of the current crop of CPs if she is, which learning would stand her in good stead if she does become a princess.

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press