William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiyo said:
God, look at the comments under the article. Why are people so nasty?
Because there are some really sick people out there, who were probably let out of the mental asylum for the day!

"Arthur Edwards - who has been honoured with the MBE by the Queen - told the MPs: "She's in love with Prince William. I'm sure one day they'll get married"

The statement by the warped photographer mentioned in the article, is the reason behind the headline! :rolleyes: I just watched a short piece where this silly little man, Edwards, was speaking. Everybody in the room laughed when he said "I have spoken to William about this". Do we believe that William said anything to a reporter/photographer about Catherine..... No

Well, in a world where Richard Kay is an unbiased source... :ROFLMAO:

Chiyo said:
God, look at the comments under the article. Why are people so nasty?
I'm going to treat this as a rhetorical question because the answers are so obvious.:lol:

The morning news shows in the USA are saying they think an engagement will be announced today or tomorrow. I'm not sure what they are basing this on. An indications in Britain?

ElsaM. said:
William WILL get married to Kate, MPs told
The press is getting over-excited again. A photographer is quoted as saying to some MPs "I'm sure one day they'll get married." Any of us could have said that! :)

Warren said:
The press is getting over-excited again. A photographer is quoted as saying to some MPs "I'm sure one day they'll get married." Any of us could have said that! :)
Especially on considering the circumstances... A quote from the article:

"His comments emerged during questioning by MPs about the intrusion suffered by the Prince's girlfriend and the impact it could have on a future privacy law."

And that makes headlines like the one here: "William will get married to Kate, MPs are told" - when any reader must think in the first moment that MPs were told because parliament has to be told before an engement (at least that's what I believe to know, may be wrong, though...) :lol::ROFLMAO:

I think that what Arthur Edwards said was a generalization. He said in reference to Prince William:
"I have talked to him about that and he's made it clear... he wants to get married."
Well of course he does!! It's his duty to marry and beget heirs to the throne. :lol:

But I'm sure that when Prince William said that, he didn't mean next week, next month, or even any time this year. I hope the media doesn't recreate all of the engagement hysteria they were pushing on the public in November and December of last year.
We've had a little reprieve from all of that hoopla, it would be nice if it could continue.

I think Catherine is a nice young lady, and I'm sure that if or when they are ready, they'll make an announcement. I just don't think it will be this year. I certainly hope the press will realize that.

BeatrixFan said:
Maybe this really is it. Personally I hope it is. Come on boy, pull your finger out!
That would be nice, then we could close this thread. :)

I wonder if this is a deliberate leak to take the press and public's attention away from the latest manoeuvrings by Mohamed Fayed about the Diana inquest.

Hey I was just wondering if the RF or anyone from the palace have commented on this! I mean all these allegations are a bit bold aren't they? I mean seriously, if I were William or any member of the BRF, I'd be pretty mad about all this... (but that's me)

Oh...I thought that it start again... but not this time.

Apparently there's been a denial from Clarence House, although certain elements of the press would probably take that as confirmation that something was up. You really can't win with some of these people.

Mind you, we only have one newspaper's word for it that this denial exists, so maybe that was made up too...:wacko:

TonyaR said:
I think that what Arthur Edwards said was a generalization. He said in reference to Prince William:
"I have talked to him about that and he's made it clear... he wants to get married."

Nowhere does Edwards say that William replied, just "he's made it clear". How did he make it clear, was it a grunt, the fact that he didn't have him taken to the tower.... what???? :lol:
Williams' dislike of the media is well known, so I can't see him having a conversation regarding anything with this person from The Sun and from their reaction, nor could the MP's on the committee Edwards was being questioned by!

Probable it was like this that Edwards ask Will or someone from his side: does Will want get married ever? And reply was that he wants get married.;)

I can't believe people are takin this rumour seriousl. Does anybody actually think that William would be so indiscrete as to inform a photgrapher of his intentions?

I don't think an egagement is on the cards for a long time yet.

Skydragon said:
Nowhere does Edwards say that William replied, just "he's made it clear". How did he make it clear, was it a grunt, the fact that he didn't have him taken to the tower.... what???? :lol:
Williams' dislike of the media is well known, so I can't see him having a conversation regarding anything with this person from The Sun and from their reaction, nor could the MP's on the committee Edwards was being questioned by!

Does parliament document with minutes everything that takes place in parliament? If so, is there a place where one can check what was discussed on a certain day, so about William & Kate that the public can read? The US Congress has such a place.:)

HRH Kimetha said:
Does parliament document with minutes everything that takes place in parliament? If so, is there a place where one can check what was discussed on a certain day, so about William & Kate that the public can read? The US Congress has such a place.:)

Hansard (Debate)

Have fun, and let us all know if you find something good. :flowers:

ETA: House of Commons Select Committee on Culture, Media and Sport took evidence on 6 March 2007 in respect of its inquiry into Self-regulation of the Press.

The evidence given has not been posted yet, but it should be very soon because evidence taken on 5th March is already there. This is where it should be: The House of Commons - Culture, Media and Sport Reports

Roslyn said:
Hansard (Debate)

Have fun, and let us all know if you find something good. :flowers:

ETA: House of Commons Select Committee on Culture, Media and Sport took evidence on 6 March 2007 in respect of its inquiry into Self-regulation of the Press.

The evidence given has not been posted yet, but it should be very soon because evidence taken on 5th March is already there. This is where it should be: The House of Commons - Culture, Media and Sport Reports

I haven't found the info on the marriage yet, but I did find this little tidbit from January 29, 2007:

Parliament said:
Mr. Caborn: It is a devolved matter, but I hope that Scotland will join the water polo team that will compete in the 2012 Olympics. I hope that we will have an excellent water polo team for 2012. If Prince William wants to play, we are more than likely to recruit him as well. We are now investing in the Great Britain water polo team so that, hopefully, they can go to Beijing in 2008, and so that we will definitely have a first class team for 2012. I hope that some of the Scots will be in that team.

I'm not sure where else to put this.

If William and Kate get married and no children come from the marriage (miscarriage, stillborn, viral infertility, whatever...), does anyone think a divorce will happen (whether by choice or mandate) so William could marry a different (more) fertile female?

Suonymona said:

If William and Kate get married and no children come from the marriage (miscarriage, stillborn, viral infertility, whatever...), does anyone think a divorce will happen (whether by choice or mandate) so William could marry a different (more) fertile female?
LOL! :lol: The poor prince is not yet engaged and already somebody thinks about his divorce and second marriage.... Well, like father, like son or what`?

Given all the other what-if scenarios that populate this board, it was bound to come up!

Because if Wills can be matched with Princess Victoria of Sweden...

Suonymona said:

Wow, and I thought I was a pessimist! Here they are not even engaged and we're discussing their divorce. :wacko:

Medical science being as advanced as it is, I think that scenario is not an option as Kate and William will know the answers before they wed. And if, perchance William (horror of horrors), is unable to father children, well .... thats why they like to have a spare! :ROFLMAO:

(Gender not specified and thus we have Her Majesty!!!!!):cool:

Suonymona said:
Given all the other what-if scenarios that populate this board, it was bound to come up!

Because if Wills can be matched with Princess Victoria of Sweden...

That match would never happen because both are heirs to their thrones. There'd be issues of which kids will suceed what thrones, etc. However I'd like to see him with Princess Madeliene of Sweden (and Prince Harry with charlotte Casiraghi).

Before we get too far off track with Princess Madeleine and Ms Casiraghi, we have a thread which hasn't proved very popular of late: Preferred wives for William and Harry, which is a mere 54 pages long. :)

Provided the "Get a job, Kate" story is true it's pretty obvious that QE II and Prince Philip are concerned about the reputation or what people think of the future heir of the throne and his possible future wife. And they are right: if you go out on the streets and ask people about their opinion about Kate Middleton 95% will possibly say that they don't care much about her and that all they have heard about her so far is (whilst waiting for Wills to finally pop the question) about Kate enjoying herself (party, shopping, vacation). QE II will have understood that she comes across in public as boring, lazy, without any ambition (apart from snatching a prince in the long term) and that given she doesn't stand for anything people can't possibly figure out what on earth would qualify her to become the future queen of their country. On the other hand it suits because I believe more and more people are asking themselves what on earth would qualify William to become the future king of their country one day. Not the most favourable conditions to ensure the continuance of the monarchy, actually.

Oh goody! :D No-one's beaten me to the draw. I must be the only Australian member who was (a) watching Desperate Housewives tonight, and (b) paid attention to the "New Idea" ad that aired during that show.

Everyone will no doubt remember "New Idea" was the Aussie mag. that, in January, very naughtily spilled the beans on Harry's deployment in Afghanistan. Okey dokey, well then, their credentials are well and truly established as being in the know, right!

Well........*drum roll*...... tonight their ad. told us that "Wills" has finally proposed to Kate. And here it is in writing to prove it:
This week in New Idea - New Idea

So now you all know.

:penguin:

Don't get too excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom