The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Majesty

The only pictures that I remember from the time were pictures taken of a subdued-looking Kate getting into an SUV at her parents' place. I also remember about the dinner party comment and William yelling "I'm free!" during a boys' night out. I also remember the comment about Charles that came from a supposed employee at Jigsaw.

I also have a good memory for trivia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
The pregnancy thing didn't come from a British tabloid but from an unknown foreign rag and was so ridiculous it hasn't been relayed in the UK.

Also, I think you get your chronology very wrong.

The break up news was leaked by Kate during a dinner party with St-Andrews friends where she said something like 'It is finally over' when asked about the romance. According to media sources, William allowed a friend to confirm the news to the Sun who made it front page news. By the time it was published, the break-up had been effective a week or so. I know some people here like to think it wasn't real but it's clear from both Kate's and William attitude at the time that it did happen. The Middletons even got of their way to release a statement that they would not comment on the Sun announcement and waged menaces through their lawyer.
Afaik, there was no pictures of Kate crying and arguing on her sell phone (such juicy pictures would have been published over and over again), it was part of a story published after the Sun article (in the Mirror, I think) using a supposed Jigsaw colleague as a source, as was the 'Charles is to blame thing', which was supposidely a slip Kate made when she returned to work.
I have pretty good trivia memory so I am pretty confident it happened in that order.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
The pregnancy thing didn't come from a British tabloid but from an unknown foreign rag and was so ridiculous it hasn't been relayed in the UK.

The 'unknown foreign rag' you are referring to is the Australian Women's Day. It is a weekly magazine with stories about celebrities, cooking, and royals among other things. It often runs royal stories and they are often on the money. It can also be off the mark as well. Due to the number of accurate stories this magazine does run I don't regard it as a 'rag'. 'Rag's to me are the one with regularly false stories, not ones that occasionally get the story wrong.

Sorry but after the Australian New Idea magazine broke the story about Harry in Afghanistan, in its January 7th edition, I am not so sure.

If one of our 'rags' can get the scoop on a royal story what is to say that another one can't?

I am not saying Women's Day got it right but just saying that there is a possibility.

No contraceptive, except abstinence, is 100% proof against pregnance so unless they aren't active there is always a possibility.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

Why should the fact that some other Australian magazine got a totally different story right, mean that this pregancy thing has to be true? Is every story of the Daily Mail likely to be right because the Sun once published a right story about the Royals?
The magazine reported about a "pregnancy scare", i.e. Kate being "afraid" she was pregnant. How would some Australian reporter know what Kate Middleton was thinking and how Prince William reacted on such a sensitive issue? Surely they wouldn't run around telling everyone "Hey we fear Kate may be pregnant - but shhhhh don't tell anyone!"
And it's not like New Idea had exclusive info about Harry's deployment the other papers/news outlets didn't have, all the press was informed. They were just the only ones ruthless enough to risk Harry's life making it public!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ruthless enough to endanger more than Harry´s life, he was taken out of the danger quick smart the others had to stay.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
Why should the fact that some other Australian magazine got a totally different story right, mean that this pregancy thing has to be true? Is every story of the Daily Mail likely to be right because the Sun once published a right story about the Royals?
The magazine reported about a "pregnancy scare", i.e. Kate being "afraid" she was pregnant. How would some Australian reporter know what Kate Middleton was thinking and how Prince William reacted on such a sensitive issue? Surely they wouldn't run around telling everyone "Hey we fear Kate may be pregnant - but shhhhh don't tell anyone!"
And it's not like New Idea had exclusive info about Harry's deployment the other papers/news outlets didn't have, all the press was informed. They were just the only ones ruthless enough to risk Harry's life making it public!
I didn't say it was true.

I said that just because it was in an Australian magazine doesn't mean it isn't.

These magazines do have people who tell them things for money and they pay big bucks for exclusives so who knows if a person who knows them (I wouldn't call them a friend just because a friend wouldn't sell these stories - but then again we got the Harry Nazi photos from a friend as well) might sell this sort of story for the right price.

I just don't ignore everything and say 'it is in xxx publication therefore it is rubbish' or the opposite.

Sometimes the Mail or the Sun gets it right just as sometimes the Telegraph or whatever gets it wrong.

My arguments wasn't that the story was true just that we have to remember that sometimes these mags do get the right story long before others do e.g. the New Idea story was available to others who sat on it while they didn't. Others papers etc may have this story and have decided that it wasn't worth publishing. That is more my point.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Ruthless enough to endanger more than Harry´s life, he was taken out of the danger quick smart the others had to stay.

Actually he stayed for nearly two months after the New Idea story broke.

New Idea had the story in their January 7th edition whereas Harry wasn't pulled until after The Drudge Report broke the story in late February.

It was also reported at the time that Harry's unit would have been pulled within weeks as he had spent 10 weeks there with 7 - 8 of them after the New Idea story.

NB I don't condone the New Idea breaking the story at all just pointing out the time line.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
I had not heard about the dinner party leak. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide a link to this information so that I may read it as well?
That was widely reported. I can't find links but I clearly remember reading in several articles that she confessed/announced to her girlfriends at a dinner party she threw at her townhouse in London that her romance with William was over.

No such pronouncements from her this time. That and if she and William had split recently, even if she was invited she would not have shown up at Charles' birthday celebrations. If nothing else this girl has dignity, has strong family support, and would not need to demean herself by showing up to her ex's father's party like some pathetic thing. IMO of course.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t mind who reported it or broke the story, the fact is that he seems to have been pulled and the others stayed.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Royal Highness

I think two finally for love
1- Royal Engagement, March or April 2009
2- Sweet Couple to separable
I hope royal engagement...
Old 11-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

Hi,guys!I've read so many times that if the couple is separated,we'll find out soon when we see William with another girl.Why just "another girl"?Is it impossible to see him with a "royal girl" this time?It would be the couple of the decade!!lol
Old 11-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Hi,guys!I've read so many times that if the couple is separated,we'll find out soon when we see William with another girl.Why just "another girl"?Is it impossible to see him with a "royal girl" this time?It would be the couple of the decade!!lol
As there are really very few 'royal girls' availabe I doubt it but even then a 'royal girl' would also be 'another girl' as it would be different from his present girl.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Did you say decade? I would say it would be the sensation of the century.
But as IluvBertie said, it would be just "another girl". I am starting to think that this silence means something, a Christmas announcement? I hope not, and I am not ashamed to say I hope not, but this silence is making me nervous.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Courtier

The recent silence makes me, too, think something is in the works. My guess would be a December announcement and late Spring wedding at St. George's Chapel. Time will tell (or not).
Old 11-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

I think the relationship is over.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I think you have a good point about William: he may be happier with a scaled down wedding. I also think that a less lavish event might be more appropriate for today, and not just because of the economic conditions. Attitudes to the monarchy have changed over the last 27 years since Charles' first wedding, and I don't think there would be anywhere near the interest there was then, with all the street parties, etc. And there is also the fact that the fairytale element has gone, permanently I think. Everyone now knows that heirs to the Crown - and their brother and their sister - can get divorced and remarry, so it might not be forever after, and I think that will make a considerable difference.

I don't think that any member of the RF's personal plans, such as the wish to get married, should be postponed because of economic circumstances; if they want to get married, they should get married. I agree with others who have said they should tailor the occasion to meet the economic mood.

I agree with you but I think everyone is missing out on the biggest point. Even if they do scale down wedding celebrations the biggest cost for royal weddings is security that the government must fund. With the current economic plan just announced by Brown & Darling, there is really no wiggle room for an extra $30 million for security for someone to say I do. The royal family isn't wealthy or liquid enough to pay for something like that themselves.

Looking at it statistically, let's look at other people in the same situation as William. Felipe, Frederik, Victoria...all of them have married in their thirties (or not at all yet in Victoria's case). If you look at William's circle all of them very late 20's to 30's. He's committed to a job for the next 5 years.

Also, there were a few posts saying that if they have broken up it would be in the papers. I don't know...to be quite honest I don't think anyone would care. Firstly, people's discretionary income for buying magazines is depleting quickly, they've broken up once which was a huge story, the second time not so much.

I personally don't think they've broken up. She's too easy for him. At this stage when he's committed to the military how is he going to meet anyone? It would be a lot of work and she appears to jump through hoops for him. I think once he starts full time royal rounds in the future he will meet someone else and as they've said previously do a Viscount Linley.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Either we're getting an announcement very soon or it's because they've both been busy with work recently, I don't believe they've broken up cause we would have heard something by now.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Nobility

I agree ghost. Wake up earlier to try to get me to fall for a media blackout.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Either we're getting an announcement very soon or it's because they've both been busy with work recently, I don't believe they've broken up cause we would have heard something by now.
It must be a busy time for Party Pieces, all those crackers and paper hats etc. to be sent out.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Nobility

They might stay unmarried far as long as possible, given the media circus that followed Princess Diana post-engagement. If my memory serves me correctly, the media circus followed her for the rest of her life until she was killed being chased by the people who take the photos to go with the stories.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
It must be a busy time for Party Pieces, all those crackers and paper hats etc. to be sent out.
And all those pounds to take to the bank so that their family can enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press