The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karolandrade View Post
But I agree with those that think that if KM was smarter, she wouldn't be trapped in Will's web. The hole situation is good just for him.

My prediction for 2009 is that they will break up, and this time for good. Imo, it will be boring not to have KM in the game, I do like her.
Your prediction is interesting.

I am neutral about Kate. If she is or is not "The One" I don't care. What will be will be and it is stronger than any resistance we can put up. Resistance would actually empower it.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
My prediction for 2009 is that they will break up, and this time for good. Imo, it will be boring not to have KM in the game, I do like her.

Your prediction is based on what - gut feelings?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:57 PM

There would be nothing wrong with it if his/her "gut feelings" triggered the prediction. The thread is about our musings. From my interpretation of the thread's title, I think "gut feelings" are legal here!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Courtier

I can totally see them breaking up and him rebounding with someone quickly to get married. But I do think they have an understanding at this point to end up together, Kate will be 27 soon...she's at an age where the immature relationship games should be fading.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

With the average age of men marrying in the UK hovering around 30, they still have some time yet before they reach their sell-by date.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
CasiraghiTrio wrote:I am neutral about Kate. If she is or is not "The One" I don't care. What will be will be and it is stronger than any resistance we can put up. Resistance would actually empower it.
You are completely right CAsiraghiTrio.

Georgiea, it's not my gut feeling. As a barrister, I don't like using it or my sixth sense. My prediction is just based on everything we have been reading (maybe some news are true, or simply big lies, but who knows??)

For the record: I like KM.

Sorry moderators for comparing KM to Chelsy, didn't know it's a taboo. But it's a little awkward that it's a forbidden issue, because it's nothing personal, we are just using public people as a way to understand the situation. However, i totally respect the rules and will never do it again.

Sorry to say that, but sometimes i think people tend to take everything we say too seriously. If we want to be like "The Economist", maybe there should be an examination to see if some people are able to take part of the forum.

From everything I've been reading, not just here, I think i should return to my complete silent participation.

Take care all and sorry again for breaking posting rules (i'm not being sarcastic).
Old 11-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Georgiea, it's not my gut feeling. As a barrister, I don't like using it or my sixth sense. My prediction is just based on everything we have been reading (maybe some news are true, or simply big lies, but who knows??)
As a barrister, you must also be aware that if you base your thoughts and comments on incomplete or inaccurate information, your resulting analysis may well be incorrect. I have no idea what you read or where you get your information abut Kate, but I am a firm believer in GI-GO!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:03 PM

Question

In most threads I would think it's very important to have careful and credibly sourced posts. But here, under the title of "musings and rumors," doesn't that seem to point the way to free thinking?
I might be wrong, but I think that this thread was created for the purpose of taking the kind of posts that are inappropriate for current events.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Why would a man who could have any woman he wants "settle" for someone he doesn't really care for?
Because he *can't* have any woman he wants. Though I am sure he cares for and like Kate.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why do you think that he can't have any woman he wants? The last few marriages in the previous generation have pretty much been to whomever the royal spouse wanted. Charles and Camilla, Anne and Tm Lawrence, Edward and Sophie...all the way back to the Margaret Snowden Marriage....commoners all, some divorced, one of jewish family heritage, one of dubious sexual preference....all of these in 'the old days' would have been a deal breaker. Except the dubious sexual preference, of course. ;-)
Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Majesty

He can't marry a Roman Catholic who won't convert to the Church of England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Why do you think that he can't have any woman he wants? The last few marriages in the previous generation have pretty much been to whomever the royal spouse wanted. Charles and Camilla, Anne and Tm Lawrence, Edward and Sophie...all the way back to the Margaret Snowden Marriage....commoners all, some divorced, one of jewish family heritage, one of dubious sexual preference....all of these in 'the old days' would have been a deal breaker. Except the dubious sexual preference, of course. ;-)
Old 11-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Majesty

I think all of this is academic. He may already have met the lady he plans to spend the rest of his life with. It seems the Countess of Wessex has also recently been relieved of some charity patronages...... though it all may just be a coincidence!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It seems the Countess of Wessex has also recently been relieved of some charity patronages...... though it all may just be a coincidence!
stripping sophie of patronages in order to hand them over to kate in dues course because an engagement is imminent? well, that's what i call gossip if this was true i wouldn't be surprised if the river thames would flow in reverse direction tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Aristocracy

Has anyone read the article from the telegraph?

The Queen urges members of the Royal Family to show support through recession - Telegraph

Quote:
Writing in today's Daily Telegraph, columnist Mary Riddell explains that the Queen is planning to be a figurehead in the financial crisis.
"The changes will be largely presentational," she writes. " It has been decided that the princes should stick to military careers rather than glossy, fund-raising events. 'This is not the right time for ribbon-cutting,' I am told."
Sounds like any Royal wedding could be years away then?
Old 11-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
Has anyone read the article from the telegraph?

The Queen urges members of the Royal Family to show support through recession - Telegraph

Sounds like any Royal wedding could be years away then?
Exactly.

IMO the article reflects the situation the BRF are currently in very well. A royal wedding at this stage would rather be a backslash for the monarchy as the vast majority of british people are hit by recession and don't think much of Prince William and even less of Miss Middleton.

William will probably be delighted to hear that people are not in the mood for a lavish wedding these days as I believe this is not what he had in mind or will have in mind for the next years anyway. Maybe Kate will fade into oblivion - either forever or, if their love is strong enough, only for a few more years until she's back with a bang, like a jack-in-the-box.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly.

IMO the article reflects the situation the BRF are currently in very well. A royal wedding at this stage would rather be a backslash for the monarchy as the vast majority of british people are hit by recession and don't think much of Prince William and even less of Miss Middleton.

William will probably be delighted to hear that people are not in the mood for a lavish wedding these days as I believe this is not what he had in mind or will have in mind for the next years anyway. Maybe Kate will fade into oblivion - either forever or, if their love is strong enough, only for a few more years until she's back with a bang, like a jack-in-the-box.
Quite amusing! I had not realised the decision of a couple to marry or not depended on the state of the nations finances. If the couple were ready to marry (and whenever that might be), they will get married. The economic environment may determine the size and scale of wedding celebrations (and perhaps some small alterations to time table), but its hardly going to determine whether they marry or not.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, for "ordinary" couples but the scale of a wedding of an heir to the throne can hardly be downsized to a degree that the public would find acceptable in economic recession, I guess. Several hundred foreign dignitaries would have to be invited and hosted etc probably for millions of pounds. An engagement ring would have to be representative and hence be rather expensive, too, the same goes for the dress. Some of the rack piece for some hundred pounds surely doesn't do for a future Queen. It's not like William could marry with 100 people in Balmoral on HM's private expense. So I DO see the argument that this would not be good times to plan such a party.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Quite amusing! I had not realised the decision of a couple to marry or not depended on the state of the nations finances.
oh yes, it does as the (financial) state of the nation has a strong impact on public opinion. as isana said, you can't downsize the wedding of the heir to the throne. people are facing a daily struggle with their livelihoods and don't want their taxes being spend on a multimillion £ event. it's against common sense. plus, other than in 1981 there are no fairy tale vibes around the relationship concerned. everybody was enthusiastic about the charles & di story but in 2008 everybody is annoyed by the on-off William & Kate story. of course william can marry whenever he wants but the BRF as a fact depend on public opinion if they want to survive long-term. better do not upset your people big time.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
oh yes, it does as the (financial) state of the nation has a strong impact on public opinion. as isana said, you can't downsize the wedding of the heir to the throne. people are facing a daily struggle with their livelihoods and don't want their taxes being spend on a multimillion £ event. it's against common sense. plus, other than in 1981 there are no fairy tale vibes around the relationship concerned. everybody was enthusiastic about the charles & di story but in 2008 everybody is annoyed by the on-off William & Kate story. of course william can marry whenever he wants but the BRF as a fact depend on public opinion if they want to survive long-term. better do not upset your people big time.
Personally, I hve never believed that Will & Kate are about to get married. My estimate is that if they are to marry, it will probably be in the summer of 2010 - this is something that I have said on TRF a few times.

You are asbolutely right in that the financial state of the nation has an impact on national mood. However, there is nothing that says that the wedding of the 2nd in line to the throne can't be scaled down. I am not suggesting an escape to Gretna Green, but a relatively scaled down royal wedding would not be a problem. As regards your comments on peoples taxes being spent on a royal wedding, I have no doubt the expenses will be met by HM, and not the exchequer.

Quote:
everybody was enthusiastic about the charles & di story but in 2008 everybody is annoyed by the on-off William & Kate story. of course william can marry whenever he wants but the BRF as a fact depend on public opinion if they want to survive long-term. better do not upset your people big time.
You may recall the public acceptance of a relationship between Charles an Diana was very short lived, prior to the announcement of an engagement. The situation here is very different, and what we have here is a classic case of the tabloid press hungry for a story in relation to W&K. The fact that they cannot find one is no doubt hurting the bottom line of the newspapers, and as a result, they have turned negative for the last 6-12 months. There is still very little information out there about the state of the relationship, other than a few stray articles in some tabloids, and some people on TRF. IMO, the informed would not to be gullible to base their judgement on either of these two sources!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:

For the record: I like KM.

Sorry moderators for comparing KM to Chelsy, didn't know it's a taboo. But it's a little awkward that it's a forbidden issue, because it's nothing personal, we are just using public people as a way to understand the situation. However, i totally respect the rules and will never do it again.

Sorry to say that, but sometimes i think people tend to take everything we say too seriously. If we want to be like "The Economist", maybe there should be an examination to see if some people are able to take part of the forum.

From everything I've been reading, not just here, I think i should return to my complete silent participation.

Take care all and sorry again for breaking posting rules (i'm not being sarcastic).
Please don't go. And please DON'T BE SILENT!! POST MUCH MORE!!!! You have a right to your views!!

Welcome!

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press