The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Shock, horror, RAF spouses are allowed to live on base or in a private hiring...
I really cant see your point either.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
The point I was making is that she will be put under the same sort of pressure that Sarah was under and what you have said is pretty much what I meant.
.....but so was Diana, and to a much lesser extent, Sophie. Thats life. Being a member of the BRF is not easy, especially in the earl years when you are tryng to establish yourself, and what you stand for. It has taken Charles a lifetime!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Gentry

He's a 26 year old boy (and I mean boy) who I seriously doubt (knowing many a 26 year old boy myself) is even thinking about marriage. He has committed...to his career overy anything else. I think that's a very sure sign there will not be an engagement with this girl, if ever.

Also, I think the fact that the UK is going into recession will mean that the Royal family will have to keep it's head down for the next few years whilst the population is losing their houses and jobs left, right and centre. Thus, no major announcement of anything or major celebrations - rules out an engagement and wedding.

That poor girl gave away all her power to him. He makes the decisions and she lets him. But to me she showed her true colours when she allowed herself to be photographed for the cover of some newspaper a few years ago, modelling some clothes and then claimed she didn't know what it was for. Puhlease! I think she'll stick around for a few more years and then he'll do a Viscount Linley.

Completely agree with you Duke of Marmalade.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby_windsor View Post
w years whilst the population is losing their houses and jobs left, right and centre. Thus, no major announcement of anything or major celebrations - rules out an engagement and wedding.
You are serious about that? That because some overpayed good-for-nothing bankers sold unreliable products to over-greedy costumers and payed the piper means that William is not allowed to get engaged and marry for years? Come on. especially during recessions people have loved a good party and which party could be better than William's wedding?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
You are serious about that? That because some overpayed good-for-nothing bankers sold unreliable products to over-greedy costumers and payed the piper means that William is not allowed to get engaged and marry for years? Come on. especially during recessions people have loved a good party and which party could be better than William's wedding?
The economic environment might shape the size and nature of any wedding related celebrations, but IMO its certainly not going to stop them. I know times were different, but the wedding of the Edinburghs in 1947 helped lift the national mood after WW2.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The economic environment might shape the size and nature of any wedding related celebrations, but IMO its certainly not going to stop them. I know times were different, but the wedding of the Edinburghs in 1947 helped lift the national mood after WW2.
don't overestimate the impact of monarchy on today's society. 1947 was a different time post-war when people saw their royals as beacons in the night. these days most people don't care - they do respect HM but especially the younger royals, headed by william - are rather an annoyance. the charles & di wedding took place in 1981 when better times for britain were on the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby_windsor
w years whilst the population is losing their houses and jobs left, right and centre. Thus, no major announcement of anything or major celebrations - rules out an engagement and wedding.

i absolutely agree here with gabby. the last thing the nation wants or needs is an expensive wedding. i am dead sure that the overall mood would not be joy over the wedding but anger over spending money on an unnecessary event. i am honest, if william announced his wedding tomorrow people would not be excited one bit - they would moan about the money etc and it doesn't help that kate is not exactly popular in the country. she would be seen as social climber finally getting her way. a lavish royal wedding at this stage - and a future heir to the throne is supposed to have a lavish wedding - would imo rather harm the monarchy and question the institution - because the taxpayer has to pay for it - than boosting it.

if it's fair or not i don't know but imo this is the truth. i live in the uk and if i asked 30 people i would get two kinds of reactions - either i don't care or do we actually still need a royal family?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really believe that William doesn´t want to get married also that Kate isn´t the right one for him (if there is a right one somewhere in the world) it feels to me that he is just a bit reluctant to end it as it has been a long time and even princes can have a guilty conscience.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Majesty

I do think this conversation is going around a bit in circles. There is little new fact around, and we just seem to have reached a point where people are continuing to repeatedly state their position. So can I suggest that Wills and Kate please get on and snog or row publicly, for the sake of TRF!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

Let's start a petition: Kiss or dismiss!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Nobility

I highly doubt William will be getting married within the next couple of years. But then again I don't know when the economic crisis will get better. I also don't think he will marry Kate, he's getting a little tired of her IMO. I agree Britain would not be very happy if he announced his engagement soon, because of the economy and because of how Kate is seen, as a social climber.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we know so little about her, and their relationship that I don't think it's fair to judge whether she's right for William or not. I highly doubt he would have held on to her for so long if he felt she wasn't right As for if there is someone right out there in the world for William, I mean plenty of other princes around the world have found suitable wives what makes William so different?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
I highly doubt William will be getting married within the next couple of years. But then again I don't know when the economic crisis will get better. I also don't think he will marry Kate, he's getting a little tired of her IMO. I agree Britain would not be very happy if he announced his engagement soon, because of the economy and because of how Kate is seen, as a social climber.
I'm not sure if the crisis would have something to do with their possible engagement. William's paternal grandparents married just 2 years after IIWW.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Nobility

Read post 1544, that should tell you something.
We know so little about her?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Read post 1544, that should tell you something.
I understand it.
But the events like this specially weddings are expensive (f.ex. security of all invited VIPs).
But not expensive wedding of the member of THIS RF (future king) would be something new.
Quote:
Who? About KM, yes.

But maybe they'll break up and he for some years find new girl/woman with whom he married.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Relatively speaking, yes. She doesn't talk, William doesn't talk and royals have been known to feed friends false information to see which of them talk.

Aside from the few public appearances they make during the year, the very occasional CH comments on not commenting and idle gossip, we really do know very little about her and where their relationship stands.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Nobility

But doesn't one's activities and what they do, in the way and manner thay handle things show a lot about who they are? I have always learned your actions reflect on you as a whole.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

So what "actions" has Kate taken the last 2 months? No pics, no reports how are we to judge her by her "actions" if we only know about 10% of what she does (at most)? The thing is that we do not have enough factual basis to draw reliable conclusions about her character or William's (though we know slightly more about him) or the state of their relationship.
Of course people will always draw conclusions - that's inevitable but I would be surprised if they all turned out to be true in the long run. After all this thread shows very well how the very same "actions" and reports can be interpreted completely opposite by different people.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Nobility

Well we know she was pulled over for breaking the law!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

What exactly was she pulled over for? The only incident I remember is when she was photographed talking on her cell phone, but she was not pulled over for that.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
But doesn't one's activities and what they do, in the way and manner thay handle things show a lot about who they are? I have always learned your actions reflect on you as a whole.
We do actions. We aren't the actions themselves. You're not really an accountant or a doctor or teacher. That's just what you do.

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press