The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Wait are you suggesting William isn't into Kate cause I doubt both of them would waste 5 years of their lives if they weren't into each other.
I am afraid I have seen girls waste much longer than that, but perhaps that isnt the case here.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

4 times? Are you sure cause it's 4 times in the press, the press isn't always right, the only real official one has been in 2007 . Well the only example I can give you that I can relate again is my cousin he too was not ready to get married(obviously he's not future king of England but still) so his girlfriend and him talked it through and she was ok with waiting(for 10 years! hopefully Kate won't need to wait that long but you get the point) they finally got married in January of this year(not last year like I said earlier I was wrong) So who knows, we really know nothing about Kate she could be lovely and very much an understanding person, for all we know maybe she isn't ready either.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Yeah, I'm positive it's been 4 times. I saw their timeline.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

... in the Daily Mail I am sure.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
Yeah, I'm positive it's been 4 times. I saw their timeline.
Do you have a link to that timeline? I'm curious, I don't think I've read one that mentioned four breakups.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 11-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Here's the DM "timeline". It doesn't mention another break up but the one in April 2007 though the DM talks about a "cooling off" in autumn 2005 William apparently denied shortly afterwards.

Timeline: Kate and William's royal romance | Mail Online
Old 11-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Thanks, Isana! Even if the reports of the "cooling off" were true, I'm still only counting two "breakups" - when were the other two supposed to have happened?

HM The Queen
Old 11-17-2008, 04:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Could we lose the personal acrimony, please?

Thanks...
Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Majesty

Getting back on track, does anybody have a clue at to what is actually going on in relation to Will & Kate. Was Kate at Highgrove? If not, what does that signify? Alternatively, is this the calm before the storm. Is she delibrately staying out of the media spot light before a big announcement?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I depends on what you call the big announcement. If they have broken up it will probably be quietly ignored by BP. With all the attention Kate has been getting I wonder that if she were somewhere else she wasnt spotted, they probably had paps at the gate of her home to see whether she was leaving or not. Very strange silence actually, someone told to keep quiet. The book coming out is definitely NOT good.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I depends on what you call the big announcement.
I referred to "a" big announcement as opposed to "the" big annoucnement. You are right, if they have broken up, it will not be commented on by CH. However, the deafening silence or "someone told to keep quiet" type of situation is quiet unusual - this is not a PR strategy that would work if they had actually split. I also think if they now split, it will be a "final split" so will be a big story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
She may have been installed at Highgrove
Fact may be that Charles may have wanted a "family" weekend, and may have had the boys, Kate & Chelsy and the P-B children stay for all or most the weekend, hence no pictures of them arriving or leaving.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i guess what i mean is that for anyone that says either of these ladies is encouraging all this attention i think they've shown by virtue of the fact that they haven't done anything to bring down the wrath of BP that they're making the "the firm" pretty happy.

Very good observation Duchess
Old 11-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Majesty

For what it's worth, one of the tabloids had a story that there was a breakfast the morning after the Highgrove party that Kate and Chelsy attended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Fact may be that Charles may have wanted a "family" weekend, and may have had the boys, Kate & Chelsy and the P-B children stay for all or most the weekend, hence no pictures of them arriving or leaving.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Nobility

Nobody knows if they were at the Highgrove party or not, there is no proof. Unless has any photos I will not believe anything.
They wre not invited because they are accepted by the Queen, why does she need to accept them they are not getting married. They were invited because that is their boyfriends.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I wasn't talking about the Highgrove party when I mentioned an event with senior royals - I meant past events like the Phillips wedding and Garter Day.

But the original question remains, whether you believe Kate and William have split or not - what evidence have we been given that anyone in the family disapproves of either of the girlfriends?

HM The Queen
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Nobility

Peter and Autumn's wedding was because she knows or knew Peter and Autumn personally, and the Garter was because Prince William was her boyfriend.

Whether or not they have split, I don't know. Either thay have or they will.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

That still doesn't answer my question, actually, but I'll move on. My larger point is this - none of us knows what's going on behind the scenes, and we certainly don't have authoritative sources on how the royals or the girlfriends feel or think about each other. All we have to go on is our own speculation based on things like paparazzi pictures and little bits of news, and obviously we're all going to draw different conclusions from them.

HM The Queen
Old 11-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Peter and Autumn's wedding was because she knows or knew Peter and Autumn personally, and the Garter was because Prince William was her boyfriend.
I think Kate's presence at the Garter was very significant, and is one of the strong indications that I think she has a future with William. Given the significance of the Garter ceremony, it would be highly unusual for Kate to have been present if it was not considered that she would have a future in the family.

Quote:
Whether or not they have split, I don't know. Either thay have or they will.
Thats a pretty definate statement. Do you have a basis for suggesting so, or is it mere speculation?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

I personally think that Kate and Wills are at the point of either "make it or break it". I certainly hope they will make it, 8 years is an enormous amount of time to be dating someone. (and 77 pages are alot of speculations!!!)
Old 11-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I really love this couple. Im sure that there will be engagement and wedding.
I cant wait for it!!

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press