The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Ironic considering that they weren't supposed to have seen each other for several weeks.
It's a miracle - immaculate conception!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Maybe it's me but I don't think she wore that outfit for attention. Wasn't the theme disco or something I can't remember. I've seen much skimpier outfits, maybe that's why I don't see what was wrong with the outfit, or maybe I'm just really weird.
Of course you are not weird. It was a disco, she was dressed to kill at a disco. Now what would be weird is to imagine, the Queen, Princess Anne, Sophie Wessex, even Zara Philips, Autumn Kelly, Princess Alexandra dressed like that and sprawled...

Perhaps the problem was that Prince William didn´t want her to go to the disco in the first place. I think that when she wants his attention her way of dressing gets a bit "skimpy".

Old 11-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Majesty

Quite right in that none of these people took part in a 1980s themed charity roller skating event. More often than not, people are complaining that Kate is very conservatively dressed. On the one occassion that she did wear something slightly racier (but not in any way distasteful or inappropriate for the event) the anti-Kate brigade suddenly change their argument around 180 degrees, and start to complain about her clothes. Are people forgetting it was meant to be fun, in a slightly tongue in cheek manner?

Whilst I do maintain that the charity event was not a mistake on Kate's part at all, each of the people mentioned above (other than the Queen) has had her share of faux pas over the years: Princess Anne for taking part in Its a Royal Knockout, topless shots of Sophie taken when she worked for a London radio station that emerged after her engagement to Edward (not to mention the fake sheikh!), Zara Philips and Autumn Kelly and their magazine deals......
Old 11-11-2008, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

All true Muriel, but no skating.....lol.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Majesty

I agree a long term engagement is not appopriate in the context of senior members of the royal family. I think it is difficult to tell where the relationship is headed as we have few facts to hand - just a load of speculation on behalf of various sections of the media.

That said, my view is that the couple will probably marry when Will completes his SAR training. Assuming the training starts in Jan 2009 and the training lasts till summer 2010, expect a wedding around then. If this timetable were to hold, expect an engagement announcement around christmas 2009. This timetable would allow them to then be able to have a few years of early married life before he enters full time royal duties. It would also give Clarence House a little more time to futher establish "brand Camilla." And all things considered, it is probably best that Kate bide the next year or so keeping a relatively low profile and working for her parents.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Nobody said they were going to get married guys, don't get your under-wear in a wad before anything happens. They are just dating.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Royal Highness

You never know with couples these days. Anyway, I would say there is a HUGE possibility that they could easily be getting married in the future either near or far. They have been together for a very long time.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Nobility

Yeah the problem is, one of them doesn't want to commit to the relationship, they are very uncertain. They have broken up four times, and it really doesn't matter how long you are together because people change, Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend split after 9 years.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:59 PM

^Very true. I didn't know it about CP and Emma. But you have a good point there.

Here is another possibility though. I do not remember ever seeing this possibility tried on for size around here.

What if the "waiting" is not really the decision of William and Kate? Maybe there are reasons we don't know of now, but that will be clear in the future, in retrospect, reasons to delay the marriage until next year, or in two years, whatever. The reasons are probably something inside the royal family that we can't perceive. They plan things out a year or two in advance, right? Well, they have much to juggle and coordinate, and there are things much bigger than William and Kate that would take a higher priority. Who knows? In short, this whole, "will they or won't they" debate could be something over even their heads. The whole show is only about William and Kate outside the palace walls, haha. I doubt the Queen and her private secretariat are spending much time thinking about it.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

It's certainly hard to "know" the ins and outs of the relationship and definitely impossible to predict any future development. Other than they may marry or they may not, there's really not much one can say.
Neither William nor Kate have ever said anything on the subject themselves so the sole basis for information is the tabloid press which loves to exxagerate things and is often unreliable. So neither of us knows how much in love they are or how often they broke up etc. It's like trying to figure out a puzzle with 1000 pieces when you only have 10.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
How quickly people forget, only a year and a half ago, people were complaining that Kate was looking too glum and never smiled at the cameras.
That's because her boyfriend dumped her.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Not exactly, I just looked at some old pictures and she barely smiled even before William and her took a bit of a break. ( I don't call it a breakup but that's just me)
Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Nobility

I don't think that would be a very happy life to lead, waiting for your boyfriend of almost 5 years to propose to you, but yet not very committed, so you try to do things good, but it doesn't come natural.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate could have dumped Will had she wanted to, so I doubt that's really the problem,I don't think she's stuck waiting she could get out of it whenever she wants to. I'd say it's more or less she was frustrated with the press attention at that point, now it's a little bit better, and by little I mean very little, but atleast she's not followed to the extent she was before. My cousin and his girlfriend waited 10 years to get married, they had an understanding between each other and they waited, and got married last year. For all we know Kate and William have talked it out and have an understanding to what the future holds for them, I mean all we have to go by is the press and we all know how accurate they are
Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Nobility

Kate would or could have dumped William!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
That's because her boyfriend dumped her.
Actually, one might argue that the period in 2007 when they were "off" was one where she was smiling perhaps more boldly than ever!

I agree 100% with Isana's last post!!!! I love Isana's analogy in the last sentence: trying to build a 1000 piece puzzle with only ten pieces! And also, what people tend to do is see what they themselves are creating in their mind. That is why so many people have different perceptions of the same picture.

One person: "Kate looks sad."
Another person: "Kate looks thoughtful."
Third person: "Kate looks annoyed."

It's a very subjective business, that is dependent on the one who is observing, writing, or commenting.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Nobility

I think she was smiling so much, and clubbing so much, and drinking so much to get the attention she had lost back.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
I think she was smiling so much, and clubbing so much, and drinking so much to get the attention she had lost back.
That is what I thought at the time. And it worked - for a time. I think she should have taken this as a very strong warning....there was a book in the US a time back called something like "He is not into you" and it warned "don´t waste your pretty".... Someone should give her this book.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Wait are you suggesting William isn't into Kate cause I doubt both of them would waste 5 years of their lives if they weren't into each other.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Nobility

Umm. Yeah that's what I'm suggesting. Why not William has seen other peolle beside sKate these last 5 years, and they have broken up 4 times! Maybe more, but not sure. William does not want to get married now, he is in no hurry to grow up and get married. His focus is his military career.

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press