William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which means that we can't be sure about anything,so let's stop arguing about this.It's not worth it.Time will tell.

Which means that we can't be sure about anything,so let's stop arguing about this.It's not worth it.Time will tell.

.... and that statement cold apply to the raison d'etre for this thread itself!:)

This is not arguing, this is merely spirited debate in what will always be a thread about what we hear or think regarding William and Kate's relationship. :rolleyes:

If we stop rehashing rumours and mulling the musings the thread will dead end. And without this outlet? Well let's just say that things could get ugly!!! :whistling: :ROFLMAO:

Ha ha,ok we can talk about William and Kate,but how can anyone here be sure about whether Kate has met the Queen or not?;)
They could have talked to each other or not talk at all or just say a "Good evening,Ma'am"....who knows?Do we have to spend so much energy and pages on that? :D

Do we have to spend so much energy and pages on that? :D
Until some more rivetting announcement, scurrilous scandal or happy occassion comes along . . . . yes! :D

Well I don´t think I have seen Kate riding with the Queen but that doesn´t mean she hasn´t, if it is true and they were actually riding together and not just in the same park then she is really "in". To ride with the Queen is almost like an engagement announcement.

They will have had the usual superficial conversation, HM asking the same questions she usually asks ordinary people:

- and what are you doing? (oh oh Kate keeping composure and smile, but thinking, damn it, wrong question!)
- oh, really (HM keeping composure and smile when listening to Kate's answer, but thinking OMG)
- how interesting (relief, everyone's saving face)

Don't think it has ever gone beyond that. Before William doesn't commit HM won't take any risks by getting involved into a deeper conversation with one of his girlfriends.

- and what are you doing? (oh oh Kate keeping composure and smile, but thinking, damn it, wrong question!)
- oh, really (HM keeping composure and smile when listening to Kate's answer, but thinking OMG)
- how interesting (relief, everyone's saving face)

Can't really imagine that "I'm working for my family's business" would earn an OMG mental reaction from The Queen. Surely if anyone would support the idea of working for one's family, it'd be HM! :whistling:

Can't really imagine that "I'm working for my family's business" would earn an OMG mental reaction from The Queen. Surely if anyone would support the idea of working for one's family, it'd be HM! :whistling:

They will have met for the first time long before Kate joined the family business. Apart from that, you are right although the firm Kate aims to join is much different from Party Pieces, neither flexible working hours, nor days off ;)

They will have met for the first time long before Kate joined the family business. Apart from that, you are right although the firm Kate aims to join is much different from Party Pieces, neither flexible working hours, nor days off ;)

But plenty of holidays with pay......;)

True enough, true enough. So perhaps the more appropriate mental reaction at the time might have been, "Jigsaw? What in the world does she do with a jigsaw?" ;)

True enough, HM The Queen over 80 and still working and the Queen mother over 100 and she really hadn´t retired......who would want that kind of job, holidays or not?

"Waity Katey"-give her some credit

Thanks, Kezza. Found the article:
Late night date for Kate Middleton and her Prince (but what's with the beard, William?) | Mail Online

Well, it is still ok at least to me, if someone goes occasionally partying. And we have not seen much of Catherine out and about throughout the last months.

If only she would pay more attention to what she is wearing. The blue color is great, but one of the pics shows a bit too much of her bra:ermm:

At least she is wearing a bra, unlike some other folks who have had photos published in the Sun and other tabloids recently. I think that she is in a position of "dammed if you do and dammed if you don't" with her relationship with William. She will not be able to make everyone happy with her decision to wait this out or if she decides later that enough time has passed to move on. After all, if she does decide to wait this out it may pay off. Camilla didn't wait for Charles (so we've been told) but still ended up with him in the long run. Perhaps there is a private agreement to let Wills go on for his military service as his daddy did and if she will wait then they will marry later. We don't know but if this is the case then she's stuck on standby and will appear to be doing the wrong thing no matter what she does. Then again, as someone pointed out in another post it's not unheard of for long-term couples to end up marrying other parties after all. I just hope Wills and Kate are happy with whatever THEY have worked out. I'm still hoping for a big wedding :whistling:

Can I just say that she's a beautiful girl or you'll beat me up? :whistling::whistling:

I'm sure they've at least spoken by now

I wouldn't mind betting she made a point of meeting her out of sight of prying eyes. Let's face it, she has been Prince William's "significant other" for quite some time and I believe HM would at least like to check-out the "Woman who might be Queen" . . . . one day! :D

I think HM would have made a point to meet the young lady by now as long as this relationship has gone on. Not officially but at least find out more about Kate, what her expectations may be, get a better idea of what might be in store and avoid most of the mistakes made by other family members. Diana was suitable "on paper" and I'm sure Diana made sure only her best side was showing up to a point but there should have been more checking into past relationships with family members and friends to see how she would handle stress as well as other red flags that would have been there. Of course, Kate is older (good start there) and hopefully more mature than Diana at this point, longer relationship and closer age gap makes a difference, hopefully all for the better. I don't think HM would be grilling Kate as such but at least get from and give Kate an idea of what she would be in for should she decide to become a member of the family--if that is even an option on the table.

i agree that they've probably met in private. i think HM would want to meet any woman that william is having a long term serious relationship with. if catherine had been just a short, passing relationship then she probably wouldn't have met HM. since she is also most likely the most important female in his life i would think that william would want to introduce catherine to her...and get her approval.

As the Queen has to give consent to the marriage (and if she doesn't then William can appeal to Parliament and then wait a year) and there has been speculation about a marriage for a number of years now, is it really conceivable that the Queen hasn't spoken to Kate at all at this point?

Do any of you think it is possible for the Queen to give her consent to a marriage without getting to know the future wife of her heir's heir?

I don't.

If the Queen hasn't spoken to Kate then engagement rumours aren't even justified at this point as no permission from the Queen means no engagement for at least a year.

As the Queen has to give consent to the marriage (and if she doesn't then William can appeal to Parliament and then wait a year) and there has been speculation about a marriage for a number of years now, is it really conceivable that the Queen hasn't spoken to Kate at all at this point?

Do any of you think it is possible for the Queen to give her consent to a marriage without getting to know the future wife of her heir's heir?

I don't.

If the Queen hasn't spoken to Kate then engagement rumours aren't even justified at this point as no permission from the Queen means no engagement for at least a year.

Exactly, if the Queen hasn´t met her to speak with her forget about an engagement for a long long time.

Gosh 109 pages and no ring yet!:eek:

Has any one ever seen the little gold band kate wears on her middle finger? Diana used to wear one simillar on her pinky finger ... not to get off the subject,,,but it is about rings...lol

110 pages,Auntie ;) :D
Are you sure,Lady Ann?Do you realise where you are getting us into? :whistling::whistling:

No I was just asking? I Have NO clue if it is or not just wondering if any one else ever noticed that ring she wears it often she also wears a white gold one on the other hand. People are always over looking the little things that are right in front of the faces...did not mean to get us into something unpleasent.

I understood what you meant,I'm just saying that now that you gave us this idea,you're getting us into more and more gossip and speculation...ha ha...

Diana's Rings 5th pic down plain gold ban....guess i feel like being a fool today ... sometimes I can come off as wise!!!!!!! lol I'll look for the one of kate wearing the ring .... speculation as it is what would be so wrong with it giving your girlfriend of six years a ring of your mothers that no one would notice...

Now we need a close-up picture of Kate's hand...at least me...(speaking of wise people) believe me,Lady Ann,I never noticed Nikolaos of Greece had blue eyes :nonono: and I was supposed to like him :D

I will keep looking like I said it was just a question and she wears that gold band very often. but it could very well be her grandmothers or something like that .... just odd that they look so simillar ... who knows William my never love anyone enough to let them size and/or wear Diana's rings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom