The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Am I the only one that finds it weird that the article would claim that William was shocked of the picture of Kate on the floor, she was skating, she fell and was caught laughing and then got up, nothing shocking about that IMO the press chose to make a big deal out of it, the exact same thing has happened to my friends many times, and because of the theme to fundraiser that's why she was wearing that type of outfit I don't think I've ever seen her walk out of the house like that. That's one of the main things that caught my attention in the article wouldn't he be more shocked with the picture of her on the cell while driving (if that was the case we never really found out)

Old 11-09-2008, 02:20 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I agree, ghost_night ... I wonder if these stories about William's negative reaction to the pictures from the roller disco are a way for the press to try to validate their own incredibly negative stories about the event. But, then, I tend not to believe most articles that claim to have knowledge of William's reaction to any private matter, just because he's so wary of the press (and probably very guarded around any reporters as a result).

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 11-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t think it was her falling over that upset anyone, it is the fact that any "wannabe" royal would put herself in that position, in a skimpy little outfit to attract attention. She did attract attention but not quite the way she had planned it. Can you imagine Princess Diana doing this, do you remember the fuss when someone took a photo of her on an exercise machine in a gym. Perhaps he didn´t mind, perhaps the romance is going strong but in a more guarded manner, no one knows and probably no journalist knows either, so it is a wait and see situation.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
If they're really planning to marry but not for several years yet, then it may be worth their getting engaged and making public their plans not to marry for a while, just so that Kate's actions are seen to be appropriate for the situation everybody knows she's in as opposed to the situation she knows she's in but everybody else is in the dark about and wondering what she's playing at.
I don't think that's a clever or suitable solution to the problem. What status would this mean for Kate? She would be seen as a royal when in fact she's not and her actions would be seen as service to the country what they in fact are not. And what if William (or Kate) find out in their inbetween "engaged but not married" period, that could well last over several years, that marriage is finally not on the cards? It will leave both of them standing out in the rain as morons with a broken engagement and a long-term harm to the monarchy. For me it's either hop or top, all (an engagement with an announced marriage date within the next year) or nothing (what we see now) and Kate is either royal or not. There is no inbetween. A "long term fiancee" with an aimed wedding date in years to come is neither fish nor flesh.

The more I look at the situation the more I am sure that one day Kate will suffer the same fate as countless girls before her who were linked to a royal for many years, supposed to become their brides but time (or public opinion with time) proved to be a killer. Just naming all these long-term girlfriends like Catherine Knudsen (Haakon), Emily Breemer (WA), Eva Sannum (Felipe) or Katja Storckholm (Fred). All long-term relationships but losing out on the big price that finally went to a fresh girl who was given the "serious" label from the beginning. My guess is that Kate will be added to that list and in years to come, when William is in his mid thirties and a grown up, he will present the girl who finally is "the one" for life - and will make her his wife without any hesitation.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
. . . . . For me it's either hop or top, all (an engagement with an announced marriage date within the next year) or nothing (what we see now) and Kate is either royal or not. There is no inbetween. A "long term fiancee" with an aimed wedding date in years to come is neither fish nor flesh.
To paraphrase Tom Selleck's line in Three Men and a Baby, "It's time to fish or cut bait"! And I wholeheartedly agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of marmalde
. . . . . . and in years to come, when William is in his mid thirties and a grown up, he will present the girl who finally is "the one" for life - and will make her his wife without any hesitation.
Grown up? Good grief! A man can drink, vote, and fight for his country at 20, but is not considered "grown-up" until his mid thirties. . . Hells Bells!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Gentry

He is 26. And he is not grown-up now?
Old 11-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conny View Post
He is 26. And he is not grown-up now?
grown-up = mature. There have been quite a few events demonstrating William's immaturity quite clearly, as well in professional life ("helicopter gate", see below) as in private life (not showing any sign of serious commitment towards his long-term girlfriend).

Prince William's training flights cost UK taxpayer £86,000 - Europe, World - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

I am not blaming William for not "being ready", he is not the first 26 year old who isn't and won't be the last. I have no doubts he will grow into both his professional life and his private life, however, whilst there are no time restrictions regarding his professional life, at least not before his father becomes King, there could well be time restrictions for his private life, although not for him, but for Kate. I believe Kate Middleton is one of those royal girlfriends who are around at the right place but at the wrong time. William can easily wait another 10 years but Kate can't - I doubt their relationship will survive many more years in the waiting loop.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Maturity is a relative term. And it is also not something to "achieve". No one comes to a point of maturity. It's more of a process than a destination.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I don´t think it was her falling over that upset anyone, it is the fact that any "wannabe" royal would put herself in that position, in a skimpy little outfit to attract attention. She did attract attention but not quite the way she had planned it. Can you imagine Princess Diana doing this, do you remember the fuss when someone took a photo of her on an exercise machine in a gym. Perhaps he didn´t mind, perhaps the romance is going strong but in a more guarded manner, no one knows and probably no journalist knows either, so it is a wait and see situation.
Maybe it's me but I don't think she wore that outfit for attention. Wasn't the theme disco or something I can't remember. I've seen much skimpier outfits, maybe that's why I don't see what was wrong with the outfit, or maybe I'm just really weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I agree, ghost_night ... I wonder if these stories about William's negative reaction to the pictures from the roller disco are a way for the press to try to validate their own incredibly negative stories about the event. But, then, I tend not to believe most articles that claim to have knowledge of William's reaction to any private matter, just because he's so wary of the press (and probably very guarded around any reporters as a result).
That's true, I doubt William would just openly reveal his thoughts to just anyone. I guess I'm sorta contradicting myself cause I believed the story about his brother saying he was in love, but maybe I only said that cause I really wanted to believe it, sorry I kinda sidetracked there and brought in a whole different topic but I just remembered my comment about that topic.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Majesty

I thought that the outfit was quite decent, actually. She didn't show her midriff or any cleavage, and she had some sort of hose on under the shorts. It was supposed to be a roller-disco, afterall.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Exactly, I thought the exact same thing when I saw the outfit^
Old 11-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I thought that the outfit was quite decent, actually. She didn't show her midriff or any cleavage, and she had some sort of hose on under the shorts. It was supposed to be a roller-disco, afterall.
Very true. I wondered why in the world some internet posters were going gleefully on about Kate "exposing" herself in those photos - she was obviously wearing tights or hose under her shorts, judging by the sheen on her legs in some of the pictures. It was a silly outfit, but it wasn't indecent.

HM The Queen
Old 11-09-2008, 11:47 PM

Stories of Kate and Wills are getting funnier and funnier.

Now they're saying the two had a pregnancy scare:

Wills and Kate's baby shock!

If there's any truth to the story, I'm sure it was scare many couples go through.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Aristocracy

So in other words, the tabloids are starting to have trouble scaring up rumours about the two?
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Courtier

I have always been a Kate fan the idea that a plain Jane could equal all that we commoners could dream of. But lately it seems to have lost the luster of hope for (me anyway). {profanity deleted - Elspeth} this may show my lower level grade. but come on 6 years is just a bit much. No reason what so ever he could not make her and RAF wife... I guess it all comes down to how bad does she want the crown... and that is how long she will wait .
Old 11-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
So in other words, the tabloids are starting to have trouble scaring up rumours about the two?
Next tabloid exclusive: Kate is really an alien from outer space!

HM The Queen
Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Nobility

She could still easily end up an ex girlfriend but I for one am beginning to hope not. She has been discretion personified since day one and I think she is being attacked because all the praise is used up. We still know so little about her really and I cant see that changing. She may get sick of the public attitude but then maybe Wills in private is worth it. He really cant be as insipid as he looks to me or he wouldnt have any friends at all.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
She may get sick of the public attitude but then maybe Wills in private is worth it. He really cant be as insipid as he looks to me or he wouldnt have any friends at all.
Maybe he is and they are all insipid too.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:25 AM

I don't believe the nonsense about William being upset because of the roller skating pictures. She just fell. If he is upset that she fell on skates, maybe he is insipid.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Majesty

Ironic considering that they weren't supposed to have seen each other for several weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Stories of Kate and Wills are getting funnier and funnier.

Now they're saying the two had a pregnancy scare:

Wills and Kate's baby shock!

If there's any truth to the story, I'm sure it was scare many couples go through.

Closed Thread

Tags
engagement, kate middleton, prince william, relationships, speculation, tabloid press