William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But not as long as Katie!

Good point! :lol: - although I think we have been waiting almost as long Kate. . . certainly ever since the relationship was made public, which is several years ago now.

Why can't these two make up their minds? Don't they have a sense of duty to our voyeuristic tendencies, to come out with a decision, so we can get on with speculating about the details of the wedding, titles, protocol......... :)

Absolutely! I agree! They ought to be more considerate of us royal-watchers. :evil: :lol: This suspense is simply dreadful, and we haven't had a good royal wedding in ages - not since Mary & Frederik and Felipe & Letizia in 2004. Charles and Camilla's wedding doesn't count, and Peter & Autumn's wedding was a relatively low-key affair - it barely made it onto the news here in Aus, only an extremely brief 10-second segment. . . I was very disappointed. :angry:

You forgot, who is going to get an invitation, who is going to make the dress, what is the dress going to look like, which tiara will the Queen lend her(sorry perhaps she will wear the Middleton family tiara) etc etc.

Absolutely.... and then there is the all important matter of the costs of the wedding. Irrespective of who picks up the tab, what better opportunity for our seasonsed whingers to have a good complaining session!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Absolutely.... and then there is the all important matter of the costs of the wedding. Irrespective of who picks up the tab, what better opportunity for our seasonsed whingers to have a good complaining session!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

´Don´t be unfair Muriel, as a taxpayer you know that the royal family costs absolutely nothing more to the British citizen than an old fashioned farthing, sous, tikkie, etc.penny, cent..... per annum.
......and a wedding probably even less.....:whistling:

Have any royal engagements ever been announced during the Christmas Holidays??

Definitely. Perhaps a square-heeled evening pump will reach out and trip one of the contestants.:lol:
personally I picture the corgis en masse dragging the unlucky one to the ground and feasting on her corpse. :ROFLMAO: Did I say corgis?? I ment the media of course:nonono:. No worries people with all the speculation breakup/ engagement half of us will be right:flowers: And the other half can enjoy the next fifty years of New Idea and its like telling us why he should have married her/she was the right one/one and only. Or why it was the biggest mistake he ever made and the worst choice by any heir in history. :ohmy: A Christmas engagement wouldbe a surprise to me at least. But then I do love a happy ending:wub:

I don't see an engagement coming anytime soon, but then again never have and nver have seen one. So I am fine.:flowers:

Edward and Sophie's engagement was announced on January 6th. Depending on what time of day it was announced, it was still during liturgical Christmastide.

Right. Forgot about that engagement entirely.:blush: That engagement was a suprise one. We thought that it would happen eventually, but it was taking so long. Sound familiar?:)

Edward and Sophie's engagement was announced on January 6th. Depending on what time of day it was announced, it was still during liturgical Christmastide.

Doesn't William go away in January though for a few years?

I guess if January 6 comes and goes without an announcement there is always Valentine's day.........:flowers:

We know that he'll be committed to a job in the military for several more years, but it doesn't mean that he's "going away" -- reports say he'll be stationed in Shropshire as an SAR pilot.

´Don´t be unfair Muriel, as a taxpayer you know that the royal family costs absolutely nothing more to the British citizen than an old fashioned farthing, sous, tikkie, etc.penny, cent..... per annum.
......and a wedding probably even less.....:whistling:

A country that can afford to pay for large country estates as weekend retreats for both Queen and Prime Minister (whose residence at Downing Street 10 is nearly as large as Buckingham Palace but whose living quarters have been redecorated each time a new PM-family moved in), such a country can easily manage the wedding of the heir direct of the Heir Apparent, I'd say.

We are always talking about the taxpayers and the cost of the RF - noone ever mentioned that Sarkozy when he became president of France decided that he needed much more money for travels abroards, that the Elysée Palace needed to be redecorated etc. But then Sarkozy actually rules and reigns in France...

We know that he'll be committed to a job in the military for several more years, but it doesn't mean that he's "going away" -- reports say he'll be stationed in Shropshire as an SAR pilot.

The training part of it is done at the Wales base looking at the official website. But I have read he will be at shropshire also for a bit.

Downing Street is almost as big as Buckingham Palace? The last I heard it had two bedrooms, in fact the Blair had to change with Brown when he was next door because his house had three bedrooms. Buckingham Palace I think has a few more rooms than that.

I don't believe that, considering the White House doesn't even compare to Buckingham Palace.

A country that can afford to pay for large country estates as weekend retreats for both Queen and Prime Minister (whose residence at Downing Street 10 is nearly as large as Buckingham Palace but whose living quarters have been redecorated each time a new PM-family moved in), such a country can easily manage the wedding of the heir direct of the Heir Apparent, I'd say.

We are always talking about the taxpayers and the cost of the RF - noone ever mentioned that Sarkozy when he became president of France decided that he needed much more money for travels abroards, that the Elysée Palace needed to be redecorated etc. But then Sarkozy actually rules and reigns in France...

10 Downing Street is nowhere near as big as Buckingham Palace. BP is a couple of city blocks in size and takes me about an hour to walk around the outside of the grounds.

The full length of Downing Street and the block in which it was, in 1980 when you could walk down the street, about a 2 minute walk with the block about 10 minutes to walk around and there are a number of houses in the block.

10 Downing Street is nowhere near as big as Buckingham Palace. BP is a couple of city blocks in size and takes me about an hour to walk around the outside of the grounds.

The full length of Downing Street and the block in which it was, in 1980 when you could walk down the street, about a 2 minute walk with the block about 10 minutes to walk around and there are a number of houses in the block.

Have a look.

10 Downing Street in London ** landmark guide at 123 London

Yes, but all the other houses in Downing Street belong to Nr. 10 the same way the office wings belong to Buckingham Palace. They house different offices of different ministers, but they all are in use by the government. They are interconnected and have wings in the back. Plus BP has a lot of reception rooms while the reception rooms of the government are in other parts of Whitehall. Here's a quite interesting page with a lot of information about Downing Street, its history and the space that is covered by it:
Survey of London: volume 14 - St Margaret, Westminster, part III: Whitehall II | British History Online

Downing Street has no large park attached to it, thus it is a shorter walk around.

It is like one big office building with some reception rooms but that still doesn´t change the fact that they have two bedrooms in one residence and three in the other. The offices may be many, but the private quarters are small.

Downing Street is almost as big as Buckingham Palace? The last I heard it had two bedrooms, in fact the Blair had to change with Brown when he was next door because his house had three bedrooms. Buckingham Palace I think has a few more rooms than that.
Are you serious? 10 Downing actually only has two bedrooms?

Weird............ I'm not saying the PM has to live in something like BP but I would have guessed his official residence had more than 2 bedrooms. I mean, there's a lot of room for in between 2 bedrooms, and BP!!!! :lol:

Jo, I was fascinated by your explanation of 10 Downing. I never knew all of that stuff. I always wonder if the legend is true, that BP, St James, KP, Westminster, and Downing St are connected by underground tunnels. :whistling:

Anyway, I'm sorry to reply on a topic that is so far off thread topic. But that is very cool information!!

Rumors are floating around the blogosphere that Kate was seen out at an English National Ballet performance of The Sleeping Beauty recently (the source is apparently the ever-reliable Daily Express, but the column isn't online).

Could she be emerging? Heck, I'd come out of hiding to see the ENB do Tchaikovsky. The Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorites! :)

Are you serious? 10 Downing actually only has two bedrooms?

Something like that. Tony Blair and his family switched houses with Gordon Brown for a while (The Blairs moved to #11, the Browns to #10) so they could have more room for their family.

Something like that. Tony Blair and his family switched houses with Gordon Brown for a while (The Blairs moved to #11, the Browns to #10) so they could have more room for their family.
I wondered about that!! :lol: Seriously, when I read that from menarue, I was like, where the heck did all those Blair kids sleep?!!! :lol::D

I believe that Prime Ministers of England are not supposed to "breed" :lol:.

Beats me. Guess we'll see how the training goes. I think the beard stole the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom