William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In two weeks' time it's getting close to Xmas, the festival of love, peace and harmony. Strange timing - another awkward PR strike waiting around the corner?

Yes Warren, I was thinking what "otherwise" could possibly mean :D;)

Well, I see that some have taken the bait.
A new member not based in the UK makes a "I know what you don't know" debut post, departs the scene, and the hares are set running. It's so easy, isn't it?

Since there's no way of stopping this game without removing the post, let's play along a bit further, as no doubt the post was intended...
[my bolding] What could the "or otherwise" possibly mean?? :D

I was being facetious, but my subtle brand of humour may have been lost on some.

No, it wasn't lost, I needed to get in early for the responses to the original post which are sure to follow. :)

Oh well, my take on it is that the above poster who insinuates that s/he has inside knowledge is likely going to make a big stink if Kate Middleton does not show up at Sandringham for Christmas. Don't really think that means anything at this point.

if Kate Middleton does not show up at Sandringham for Christmas. Don't really think that means anything at this point.

I never understood the fuss about an alleged invitation anyway. I doubt there was one and I doubt there will be one unless there is an engagement. This is no different from millions of other families, let alone the BRF or any other conservative Royal Family, who don't invite their children's partners to spend Christmas Day with them unless the partners don't have a home to go to. It's strictly family therefore I believe it's a myth that Kate was ever invited or even had the guts to decline. There is nothing wrong or humiliating about spending Christmas apart for a non-engaged or non-married couple.

.... but it certainly attracts attention, and manages to sell a few extra tabloids..... and in time, some followers appear on TRF arguing the same case!:)

I agree, Murial - I highly doubt an invitation to join the family on Christmas Day was ever issued at all. From a Telegraph profile of Kate:

And for all the evidence that the Royal Family is moving with the times, courtiers admit that mere 'girlfriends' and 'boyfriends' still have little status within the Royal Family. None of the partners of the Queen's children or grandchildren will receive an invitation to spend Christmas at Sandringham until they are elevated to fiancé/fiancée status. Even though Prince William is said to be 'the apple of the Queen's eye', he will have to give Kate an engagement ring before they can stay under the same roof as his 82-year-old grandmother.

And, from Joanna Leyland at The Royalist, noting the trend of inviting non-engaged partners for the 26th, not the 25th:

Prior to the official announcement of their engagements, Lady Diana Spencer, Sarah Ferguson and Sophie Rhys-Jones were all formally invited to enjoy (the late Princess may have joked "endure!") Boxing Day with the royals.

I guess Karagiosis is either Greek or Turkish.We use that word for a person who does foolish things all the time.So,I wouldn't count on him ;)
By the way,I had a very good laugh when I read that Karagiosis might be Kate herself.If she knows bad Greek words,maybe...:whistling: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Haha, that's a funny idea about Kate being that person. :D If Kate actually did get the wild hair idea to come onto TRF, what do you think would be her user ID? It would be a hoot if it was something like waitykatie. I'd bet that would be Katie Nicholl having a dumb joke. :lol:

Hello again!

Although the scepticism with which my news has been received is perhaps only natural on an anonymous forum, I think it might be worth repeating what I have already explained on another forum :

Considering how I have appeared out of the middle of nowhere... scepticism, perhaps even irritation are completely understandable and only natural. It is possible I would likely be inclined to feel the same way if I were a regular participant in this or any other forum.

However I would not be the first to admit that this form of anonymous communication is often the most prudent and effective means of conveying ideas or news. Sometimes it is the only option... after all, "anonymity" and discretion do sometimes go hand in hand...

What I have said is based on a complete knowledge of the fact; but to be clear, I am not writing on any one's behalf nor in any official capacity.

P.S. Incidentally, Karagiosis like Petrouchka, Nasrudin and Punch among others, are traditionally figures of ridicule for the purpose of highlighting human absurdities.:bee::p

-"Karagiosis"

I guess we'll find out in two weeks.;)

Hello again!

Although the scepticism with which my news has been received is perhaps only natural on an anonymous forum, I think it might be worth repeating what I have already explained on another forum :

-"Karagiosis"

However I would not be the first to admit that this form of anonymous communication is often the most prudent and effective means of conveying ideas or news. Sometimes it is the only option... after all, "anonymity" and discretion do sometimes go hand in hand...

I don't know ... I'd be more apt to believe that silence and discretion were the better-matched pair. Posting information on the internet that is apparently supposed to be confidential doesn't really sound so discreet to me.

I'm wondering why someone is bothering to announce something that we'd eventually find out about anyway. If Kate and William were split up, why would they wait another two weeks to announce it?:rolleyes:

I don't know ... I'd be more apt to believe that silence and discretion were the better-matched pair. Posting information on the internet that is apparently supposed to be confidential doesn't really sound so discreet to me.

What I have said is based on a complete knowledge of the fact; but to be clear, I am not writing on any one's behalf nor in any official capacity.
Good grief, you're not one of those blooming fortune tellers are you? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

She could be Maria Papapetros,the famous medium that predicts the future of many artists and celebrities....:nonono:....and whose predictions are usually proved wrong...:D

I think we've had enough fun speculating about the identity of Karagiosis; perhaps we can get back on topic. I've removed a few posts which were pushing this diversion too far.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

I'm wondering why someone is bothering to announce something that we'd eventually find out about anyway. If Kate and William were split up, why would they wait another two weeks to announce it?:rolleyes:

excellent point mermaid.

Hello again! What I have said is based on a complete knowledge of the fact; but to be clear, I am not writing on any one's behalf nor in any official capacity.-"Karagiosis"

only someone who knows either william or catherine personally would have that kind of information and at that either william or catherine would have had to tell them that they have ended any kind of relationship - romantic or friendship (i.e. either william or catherine would have had to tell this poster otherwise it's nothing more that what we do here....speculate). if this person doesn't have a connection then taking it with that grain of salt, as was advised earlier, is a good idea. at any rate, i'm anxious to see if anything noteworthy pans out in two weeks time.

If it is true...how unfortunate for Kate.

If it were true, I think it would be unfortunate for them both. Plus, if a breakup really is in the cards, there's no way for us to know which of them initiated it.

I'm still convinced they're probably just laying low and not appearing in places with cameras. I have a feeling that they like evading the media glare (and keeping us guessing in the process).

Avoiding the cameras by missing important events such as the Princes´ farewell party when they went on the trek? Seemingly not to go to some events that Chelsea went to, unless she went in and out hidden in the boot of a car.
Time will tell for sure.

The press goes way harder on Kate than Chelsea, probably because they think Chelsea will not make it all the way. Tina Brown said that recently...

^I smell a round 5 of the Kate/Catherine controversy. Won't be taking part.

She sounds whiny, not to mention rather hypocritical. She doesn't want to be a celebrity yet she speaks to Mandrake, who is the celebrity editor of the Telegraph? Kate posed for Hello, Pippa is in this week issue giving Christmas advises, James wrote for Tatler.
Not courting attention from celebrity-obssessed publications at all. :whistling:

^I smell a round 5 of the Kate/Catherine controversy. Won't be taking part.

That was one of my immediate thoughts when I read the column too, Idriel!

This certainly is interesting, though I don't know exactly what it might signify - perhaps something, perhaps nothing. My question for the Brits on the board is this: I know that "Mandrake" is a sort of pseudonym for the group of reporters that write and edit this column. Are there anonymous people working for them at society events to get information, or are their identities clearly known? Basically, I wonder if Carole knew she was speaking to a journalist or not.

I'm not implying stupidity at all - you're taking my post out of context. It's more a question about how the Mandrake column works - if there are "spies" out at these society functions, or if the people garnering the information are clearly known as members of the press. I wondered the same thing about the reported Princess Beatrice/Katie Nicholl conversation at the roller disco charity event. I certainly wasn't suggesting then that Beatrice was stupid, and I'm not suggesting that about Carole now.

Basically, I wonder if Carole knew she was speaking to a journalist or not.
It's pretty clear she knew excatly who she was talking to.
Or at least, it is to be hoped she doesn't indulge in self-pitying rants with strangers whose background and profession she doesn't even know.
The press goes way harder on Kate than Chelsea, probably because they think Chelsea will not make it all the way.
I don't that's in the least bit true. Chelsy has been trashed left and right from the beginning while Kate had a long honeymoon with the press. The coverage of Kate is now mostly negative (often with reason, imo), but it wasn't always the case.
Even now, improvements in Chelsy's dress sense and demeanor are credited to Kate.

Just out of curiosity, but what's all the fuss? Have they stopped being seen together again? I'm a bit out of the loop I guess, but as far as I knew the last time, they'd very publicly gotten back together. Mind you that was donkey's years ago.

That's basically it, Empress. They were last photographed together in September at a wedding in Salzburg. Kate was last photographed when she was caught by paparazzi allegedly talking on her phone while driving in October. Some people have construed her absence from photos as evidence of a possible breakup. There were multiple verbal reports that Kate attended Charles's birthday party at Highgrove, but only a few of the guests at the party were photographed, and neither of the royal girlfriends were pictured.

For crying out loud, is that what all of the fuss is about. Maybe she's just become a bit better at avoiding the press and the all encompassing desire to know the color of her leg hair a bit better than some other previous girlfriends of high profile people. Heaven knows she is beginning to act like some of the current crop of CPs if she is, which learning would stand her in good stead if she does become a princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom